◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
The Pit Board

9736478853_0667181ac3.jpg

S.N.A.I.L. is just a part of much larger Gran Turismo community. This thread is where most of us live but we are a part of a much larger gathering of Gran Turismo enthusiasts that all play under the roof that is GTPlanet. I bring this up for a couple of reasons. For those that don't know, Terronium-12 publishes a weekly column called GTPlanet Weekly Rewind. This was one of the inspirations behind The Pit Board. As part of his column, he chooses a GTPlanet "Member of the Week". Again, for those that haven't heard, our own zer05ive has been chosen as GTPlanet's Member of the Week.

I think this is not only a huge honor but also puts a very favorable light on our League. GTPlanet has been around for a very long time and there are several successful organizations that operate under the same umbrella that we do. SNAIL could easily stand all by itself but to be recognized in a group that has almost a quarter of a million members and over eight million posts really shows that SNAIL is rock solid. Congratulations to zer0 and also to our whole group. We are S.N.A.I.L.!

With this recognition I have to imagine that we are going to get a few more GT fans coming over to have a look at our operation. That means more new drivers. There has been a great deal of discussion over the past day or so regarding new drivers and conduct on the track. Even us old dawgs have a bad day but in the thick of our discussions, there has been some notable posts from new and old members.

You must race in practice with the same level of good racecraft that's expected of you on Sunday nights or any other S.N.A.I.L. event. Period.
kcheeb

This is something that may need to be reiterated. People assume that because its practice you can just take someone out and keep going. There's still a level of respect that must be had. Take someone out, the respectable thing would be to pull over and wait like you would on Sundays.

You have to be involved in the door to door or at least be close enough to see others doing it in order to learn it. I think the issue is trying to find a balance. You have to be aggressive enough to stay with or in the pack, but passive enough not to barge your way into and through everyone else.
qwietstorm

When a new driver comes to SNAIL and bounces off of everyone and everything their first night, they need to take a step back and realize that they don't have the skills at the present time to do what they are trying to do. They need to back off the aggression and take a week or two to just ride around in the pack and get used to the differences between running a time trial or racing in open lobbies and SNAIL racing.

The driver that shows up and strives to be as clean and respectful as possible is going to run in the pack and if something happens, they are going to back off and figure it out on their own a whole lot faster than the driver that puts winning and making up every position possible at any cost above being clean and respectful.
JLBowler

My advice, if the Rookies are interested ........ develop some patience, enjoy the league and you will be a lot happier with the outcomes.
Tex36

Ok, I clearly think at times that I can! But that's a chance! When it works, I learn latter that it was at the expense of another! (Self discovery after watching the replay), oh F--K, he was right!
Chatva

Just a few of the great comments that came out of the past couple of days. Not everything can be pointed towards the "rookies". Things happen from time to time whether you are racing for the first time or have been at it since the beginning. How we react is what makes all the difference. Respect one another on and off the track. It is what makes us SNAILs.

Race Hard, Race CLEAN, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Last edited:
I'm having a ton of fun with the G27, last night wasn't the best though as I couldn't focus(and I mistook the clutch for the brake a few times). Now I've been doing a little practice for the S.P.E.C. race tomorrow night at Monza w/ weather(though it hasn't rained so far). Running consistent laps at 1:59 - 2:00, with my best being a 1:58.638.

Speaking of S.P.E.C., would anyone like to meet up in one of the lounges(probably DIV 2 if nothing else is going on), I'll probably open up the room around 10pm est.

For those who've never raced, or haven't in a long time, your more then welcome to bring out you Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero(S15) Race Mod. equipped with either Racing Hard or Soft(plus inters and rain tires if we do get some precipitation)

If you'd like more information just click the picture below to go our thread.

cmbeal317​

The driver that shows up and strives to be as clean and respectful as possible is going to run in the pack and if something happens, they are going to back off and figure it out on their own a whole lot faster than the driver that puts winning and making up every position possible at any cost above being clean and respectful.

👍

Looks like I will not be able to participate in this Sundays event.
I was looking forward to trying the new cars, and I hope they stick around for next week.

Good luck to all and have fun.

The Pit Board

9736478853_0667181ac3.jpg

S.N.A.I.L. is just a part of much larger Gran Turismo community. This thread is where most of us live but we are a part of a much larger gathering of Gran Turismo enthusiasts that all play under the roof that is GTPlanet. I bring this up for a couple of reasons. For those that don't know, Terronium-12 publishes a weekly column called GTPlanet Weekly Rewind. This was one of the inspirations behind The Pit Board. As part of his column, he chooses a GTPlanet "Member of the Week". Again, for those that haven't heard, our own zer05ive has been chosen as GTPlanet's Member of the Week.

I think this is not only a huge honor but also puts a very favorable light on our League. GTPlanet has been around for a very long time and there are several successful organizations that operate under the same umbrella that we do. SNAIL could easily stand all by itself but to be recognized in a group that has almost a quarter of a million members and over eight million posts really shows that SNAIL is rock solid. Congratulations to zer0 and also to our whole group. We are S.N.A.I.L.!

GT Planet really is an awesome place! You can find any manner of Gran Turismo knowledge and subject matter here. Not to mention, almost any other Motor Sport related topic on the, ahem, Planet.

Congrats zer0, well earned chief!

With this recognition I have to imagine that we are going to get a few more GT fans coming over to have a look at our operation. That means more new drivers. There has been a great deal of discussion over the past day or so regarding new drivers and conduct on the track. Even us old dawgs have a bad day but in the thick of our discussions, there has been some notable posts from new and old members.

You must race in practice with the same level of good racecraft that's expected of you on Sunday nights or any other S.N.A.I.L. event. Period.
kcheeb

This is something that may need to be reiterated. People assume that because its practice you can just take someone out and keep going. There's still a level of respect that must be had. Take someone out, the respectable thing would be to pull over and wait like you would on Sundays.

You have to be involved in the door to door or at least be close enough to see others doing it in order to learn it. I think the issue is trying to find a balance. You have to be aggressive enough to stay with or in the pack, but passive enough not to barge your way into and through everyone else.
qwietstorm

When a new driver comes to SNAIL and bounces off of everyone and everything their first night, they need to take a step back and realize that they don't have the skills at the present time to do what they are trying to do. They need to back off the aggression and take a week or two to just ride around in the pack and get used to the differences between running a time trial or racing in open lobbies and SNAIL racing.

JLBowler

My advice, if the Rookies are interested ........ develop some patience, enjoy the league and you will be a lot happier with the outcomes.
Tex36

Ok, I clearly think at times that I can! But that's a chance! When it works, I learn latter that it was at the expense of another! (Self discovery after watching the replay), oh F--K, he was right!
Chatva

Lot's of good viewpoints and ways to acclimate yourself to S.N.A.I.L. 👍

Not everything can be pointed towards the "rookies". Things happen from time to time whether you are racing for the first time or have been at it since the beginning. How we react is what makes all the difference. Respect one another on and off the track. It is what makes us SNAILs.

Race Hard, Race CLEAN, Race S.N.A.I.L.

Absolutely not and I agree wholeheartedly, respect and ownership can make a huge difference.

kcheeb
ExoSphere64

Awesome :lol:

And it was 👍 Thanks exo!!!

Just to give a heads up, I wont race this Sunday. My ladyfriend has the day off on Monday this week so she asked me if we could watch WWE's Night of Champions together, which starts at 8 and ends at 11, and I couldn't say no to her. Hope you guys have a ton of fun and that the Alfa survives this week. But more importantly the Lotus, I want to see that car break records. haha

Your Steward Report for the Week

Race Date - 8 September 2013 Penalty Rate 89%​

Notes: SNAILIRR Phase III is now complete. As soon as zer05ive gives the green light, we will move to Phase IV, which should be the full production and exclusive way to submit Incident Reports and tally Review scores.

SNOLR Quote for the Week:

Division 1 4 incidents on file

brandofo
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for on-track concession.
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points.
  • Total 10 Points and 4 weeks probation

Nic-KL
  • Round 2 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 2 points. I week probation

QwietStorm03
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 8 points halved to 4 for on-track concession. 2 weeks probation

Division 4 5 incidents on file

ExoSphere64
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for on-track concession. 1 week probation

TEX-36
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points halved to 3 for self report.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points halved to 1 for self report.
  • Total 4 points and 3 weeks probation.

Thanks to Chiochan, JLBowler and tezgm99 for their reviews this week. Even though tez decided not to enter any points in SNAILIRR for the reviews he made. ;) I encourage all stewards to review and enter values under their respective columns.
:cheers:

And just for those that don't know, this is how civilized people drink their Whisky. No, it's not Whiskey. Whiskey is distilled by the savages in North America. Whisky is made on Mount Olympus. When I say :cheers: I mean it literally. That glass is now ready for some more, as is yours truly.

images

Don't know if this is against GTP AUP or not. I'll remove if a mod says to or beats me to it.

* * * * * * * * * * * * *​

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, just PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

Shamelessly plagiaristic Steward Recruitment plug follows.

If there's anyone else out there who would like to help enforce the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and promote good racecraft, I have three words for you..

needyou1.jpg

• Do you value clean racing so much that you're willing to help protect and promote it?
  • Are you looking for a way to give back to the league and join TEAM S.N.A.I.L.?
  • Do you think you might have what it takes to be a S.N.A.I.L. steward?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please PM me! :

Last edited:
Dragon... You DO have Scotch stones yes?? Ice kills the good stuff! (But helps when you only have the Rotgut!)

EDIT: Wow, most of the time I can't pull a TOTPP and look at me waste em now!

Last edited:
Dragon... You DO have Scotch stones yes?? Ice kills the good stuff! (But helps when you only have the Rotgut!)

Rotgut?! How dare you! :eek::lol: I'm gonna have to take a little bit of offense here. ;) There's no such thing as rot gut scotch. Well, maybe some Johnny Walker, less than 12 years old, but I don't hit anything less than 12.

Yeah I got stones, but, none that I'd soak in the Nectar of the Gods or as the wiki states
Wikipedia
"water of life".
I ain't no snooty scotch drinker. I actually prefer a little cold water in my scotch. Few cubes of ice serves that purpose well. I know, I know, Scotch should be appreciated neat. Bought my son some scotch stones last year or year before. We tried 'em out and I found they were basically worthless. Only scotch I drink neat is better than 21 year old, or some single malt I found I liked over blended, called Solera Reserve. Had a couple bottles of Chivas Bros Royal Salute and drank those neat, when my children produced college degrees a few years ago.. My "working" scotch is Chivas 12. That 18 is to expensive to drink regularly, but man is it smooth. Owens cracked a bottle of it when I went up to get my wheelstand mods. We all but killed that bottle that night. Man was it smooth.

Yep, I like cheap cigars too. The more money I spend on cigars, the less I've actually liked them.

It would appear my son is about to be a father. Will know more in the morning I expect. Ya'll have a drink and toke and think of my boy's boy, if you would.

EDIT: Wow, most of the time I can't pull a TOTPP and look at me waste em now!
Read a review the other day of various whiskey "coolers". Rather than rocks and the like they said just refrigerate/freeze the glass. Drops the temp just enough. I have been trying it and it works well.

All this whiskey talk makes me wish we were closer. I have 12 unopened whiskeys just waiting for an excuse to be enjoyed. If you make it down to the Bay Area come have a drink:)

Can someone please re-explain the difference between a level 1 and level 2 penalty? I almost made it a complete year with no incidents :(

Gotta be more careful who I race with for a while.

Back