Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. zeromisfit999

zeromisfit999

The digital download took me 12 hours to download, and now I'm at 32% installation about an hour of installing. This is ridiculous.

2. fastfox400

fastfox400

I feel it will be very important to know well ahead of time. If they dont have a copy of GT6 in there hands there are enough videos floating around with the dealer ship pricing.

3. fastfox400

fastfox400

delete Pc spazzed out

4. soundtiger95

soundtiger95

My selection is:

Honda Gathers Drider CIVIC Race Car '98 at Cape Ring Inside

5. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Gotcha. Thanks for clearing that up. :tup:

Everyone, since we'll be racing in the Open Lobby please consider changing your GT6 name to something that's recognizable to your division mates. That way, we don't have to wonder who is a league member and who is a random.

If you're PSN ID is 12 characters or less, an easy solution is to change your first name in GT6 to a period (or anything else), and then change your last name to your PSN ID.

6. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Thanks soundtiger! The Prize B selection is in!

Okay, since we haven't heard from redsoxboy at all yet, let's open the Prize A selection to a vote..

If you raced in Division 1 last Sunday, please suggest one new car and track combo. You have until 6pm Eastern / 3pm Pacific to make your suggestion. At that time, we'll have everyone in the league vote on the combo they like the most. Please keep in mind that everyone has to buy three cars for the lineup, so the more expensive your suggested car is, the less likely it's going to win the vote.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  7. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Starting the last day of the first weekend with GT6. GTPlanet is taking a literal, virtual and cyber butt whuppin'. Sometimes my browser spins for 40 seconds or more before loading a page, phone sometimes won't load the page at all, and double post lag has hit me more than once.

For those interested on what cars not to buy, check here.

I've cleared all the races through novice and national B. Working the side events now. I've earned 471K and spent 35.5K on tires. 8 hrs driving with 579 miles on the odometers. Did the first batch of Goodwood and the moon missions. 21% GC, 37 cars to include the 25 AE, and bought that Fit. Aside from that first cone challenge, nothing has been extraordinarily, irritatingly hard to beat.

Looking forward to seeing how things work tonight.

Has anybody checked replay uploads. The export from GT6 to PS3 is pretty much the same as GT5, but that's as far as I've gone with that at the moment.

8. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Link does not work, Dragonwhisky.

9. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

We are looking for combo suggestions from:
    QwietStorm03, Nic-KL, dgafaboutany1420, SPEED14231234, GTP_Ph7shr, GCarneiroBR, jlbowler, serge_1919, dabneyd, SPEED14231234, X-Rad11

10. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

Ruf 3400S @ Apricot Hill

11. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Is that 50,000 or less? Just turned off the PS3... Dooh!

12. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

I do believe the 3400 is under 50k. somehwer in the high 30s low 40s

13. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

No, actually, 70k. How about the '97 MR2?

14. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Great! So far, with his suggestion, dabneyd is clearly in the lead!

I was surprised to see how inexpensive the Crossfire, Spitfire, MR2, 180/240SX, even the GT-R (R34) are under 50,000 (www.mygranturismo.net lists the GT5 cars - most specs are similar or identical in GT6 -you can filter or sort options if you are looking for ideas)

Many of the former Standard cars are now available - choose early (but not often, this ain't Chicago...).

I can pay attention to choices for another couple hours, then we have theater tickets downtown.

Combo 1 - Gathers Drider Civic @ Cape Ring Inside
    Combo 2 - RX-7 (FD) '02 at suzuka
    Combo 3 - (. )

Combo 3 options:

A) '97 MR2 at Apricot Hill
    B)
    C)
    D)
    E)
    F)
    G)

15. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

16. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Handlebar likes this.
  17. Xradkins

Xradkins

Just finished the GT6 download (24 hours), then 1 hour to install and then 2 hours to download and install 1.01 update.

I have my first car now. time to drive. No time to suggest any combos just now.

18. ItsAllAboutWins

ItsAllAboutWins

I rented gt6 last night. Can't say I'm impressed or that I even like it. Golded all the licenses to get online AND THERE WAS NO SHUFFLE LOBBY! The tracks look the same quality to me as gt5. The first time I heard the tire squeal from loss of traction, it instantly reminded me of the first transformers movie for some reason. Overall I think they have a lot of work to do to make this game live up to the name

19. Xradkins

Xradkins

Any chance that you might reveal some secrets to your success with SNAIL and gt5 that can be applied to GT6? I for one don't want you to be lonely as I often saw in D1, :bowdown:

20. OwensRacing

OwensRacing Premium

Another suggestion:

Upon entry of the race room please type in SNAIL and your PSN name.

I prob won't race tonight. Having not played since Friday night. I'm gonna be looking into knocking out offline races. I may show up though. We shall see. ;)

21. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

Do you guys think a cap of $50K is required. We had discussed a higher cap here.

Looks like the Gathers Drider Civic is only $50K and the Mazda RX-7 (FD) '02 is only $40K.

Since you have to earn more than $200K (getting licenses) before you can even race online, I'm thinking a cap of $100K for the Prize A suggestions seems reasonable. Or anything easily attainable here. Thoughts?

Chiochan likes this.
  22. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Is that 100K per car or all 3?

23. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Clio RS '11 (the one we should all have already because it's a prize car) @ Apricot Hill

I think 50k for the first season is just fine. We have to buy tires for most of the production cars that come with CS as well so that adds a little to the cost. Not to mention, it's 8k for a paint job and 3,500 for a set of wheels.

Wait for the Jan. season and adjust the cap accordingly.

24. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

I was thinking for this specific Prize A only (since the other two cars are pretty affordable). However..

Good point. I didn't even think about tires and paint etc. $50K limit it is. :tup:

25. Chiochan

Chiochan

Tires and paint, we are so broke. I miss B spec.

zer05ive likes this.
  26. Chiochan

Chiochan

Did you adjust any driving options, such as traction control? Did you get all three payouts at once for gold on the first try?

27. tezgm99

tezgm99

If it's the GTR one I'm thinking of, I passed him early on (the slow right-hander before the even slower double apex left...around 15 seconds in or so?). They then proceeded to draft me down every straight but not brake as late as we can so I used that advantage and then blocked the apexes of the slow corners near the end of the lap :lol:

My little airborne trip from last night -

[​IMG]

Hmm, fox is having a look, I'll leave him space.

[​IMG]

Oops, that didn't go so well....

[​IMG]

....:censored:, please don't do a Mezera in 1997 and roll this thing, I've avoided doing a Coulthard from 2010 at least.

[​IMG]

Oh hi, fox and joby. Don't mind me, I'm just getting some bonus air miles :scared:

So while I know most of the corners names around this place, watching Bathurst for the last 20 years or so didn't mean jack in the end :lol:

zer05ive and hillracing like this.
  28. zer05ive

zer05ive Premium

On top of that, we can't gift cars or tickets. Something's got to give (with an update). Hopefully..

29. chatva

chatva (Banned)

Slow internet service!

30. DriftinAssassin

DriftinAssassin

Video from Goodwood Festival of Speed!