◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
I hear that GT6 is on sale for $40 at GameStop and Amazon and some people are even getting the anniversary edition packs. Seems like a giant "**** you" to those of us that preordered or bought the game as soon as it came out.

We have to remember that it's a business - and moving product is crucial to the success of any "widget sales". Ever notice how 2014 cars/trucks have all sorts of discounts and "Buyer Incentives"? We just wanted to receive GT-6 as early a possible - other folks waited for the "After Christmas Sales" ......... all part of a Free Market Society - which is still the best the world has ever seen.
Soooooo, enjoy your GT-6 and forget about what others are paying for it. IMHO

It'll drop again if the product doesn't move off the shelves.
Yeah, I would bet it had more to do with selling as many copies as possible in as short a time as possible, rather than a "I do bite my thumb at thee!", due to it being on a last-gen system.

I've definitely already gotten more than $60 of value from the game in the few weeks it's been out.

The Micro transaction are helping. I know talked with several people this morning after grinding the NA license. One gentlemen stated he had spent $400 on ingame credits on release day.

The Micro transaction are helping. I know talked with several people this morning after grinding the NA license. One gentlemen stated he had spent $400 on ingame credits on release day.

$400 in credits!?? That's insane.

Back in D4 btw! Guess my time away didn't make me any faster (or slower!)

I hear that GT6 is on sale for $40 at GameStop and Amazon and some people are even getting the anniversary edition packs. Seems like a giant "**** you" to those of us that preordered or bought the game as soon as it came out.
As of about 30 minutes ago, I can say that $40 is a rip off! That's twice as much as I just paid for this bad boy! :D

I had to drive a little while to pick it up, but it was still a great deal IMO. Also, it didn't come with a case or anything, but my left or right PS3 won't care about that. When is GT6 going to support triples btw?

I just had a look at the official driver list and I'm wondering if I can still participate in this week's event even if my name doesn't show up ?

Do I have to do a qualifier for GT6 ?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the inactive members' list. Count me as active for this week though. 👍

Last edited:
I just had a look at the official driver list and I'm wondering if I can still participate in this week's event even if my name doesn't show up ?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the inactive members' list. Count me as active for this week though. 👍

You bet Worst. Glad you can make a week 👍

It'll be great to have you back on the grid! How was your first semester?

Yeah I mean in the end it is worth $60 to me. I just think it's crazy that they drop the price by 1/3 not even 3 weeks after launch.

Once you spend it on your widget, just enjoy what you bought it for - can't change the price you paid, but you can choose to try and enjoy what you spent your $$$ on.

That, or put it on Craigslist and not worry anymore. Both work.

Is anyone open for anything? Thinking about opening a lobby in the next few minutes.

Join for fun! : 1472-6118-3658-4756-2571

Last edited:
That actually wouldn't work. You'd get like $30 for it. So then you're out $30 and have no game.

Like I said, it is worth the $60 I paid.
Not to beat a dead horse, but you can simply order a new 15th Anniversary copy from GameStop.com for the sale price of $39.99 and use the free shipping code. Once it arrives, return the new copy using the $59.99 receipt that you got on your original purchase. Of course, this only works if the new copy arrives with the 30 day return policy of your original receipt (but even if it doesn't there are still ways around that). It all just depends on how much trouble you're willing to go through to save $20.

That and it is spent.

I am focused making more money* and choosing what to enjoy with it.

Once I pull the trigger after I believe I am well informed, I accept the opportunity cost and don't look back.

* OK - Supporting the wife to make the money we both enjoy.

I don't think so. @Rallywagon posted this yesterday.

Did you want to run an event or host a practice session?
Yep, we just now got power back on. Been a long few days. So glad Igot battery back up for my sump pump. I think a back up pump and another battery back up may be in order as well. My current one is looking a little old, and my man cave is worth the extra protection.

Yep, we just now got power back on. Been a long few days. So glad Igot battery back up for my sump pump. I think a back up pump and another battery back up may be in order as well. My current one is looking a little old, and my man cave is worth the extra protection.

So does this mean you can play GT6 and gett up in here? :D

So does this mean you can play GT6 and gett up in here? :D
Nope, sadly not. We had lots of work around the house once the power was on. Now its time to sleep in something far more comfortable than the floor infront of the fireplace. My bed!
BTW. @zer05ive, got the shirt, have a pic to share, but photobucket is undergoing maintenance. I've been looking for an excuse to ditch them, so I may shift my potos somewhere else tomorrow possibly.

It'll be great to have you back on the grid! How was your first semester?

Thanks for asking zero, it went suprisingly well. I'm really enjoying university and the experience of being out of your town for the first time. I'm loving my new town. Still waiting for one final grade but I'm very satisfied with my results. For the first time, I'm truly interested by what I'm studying and that's an awesome feeling. Only 4 semesters to go, time flies by.

Regarding SNAIL, I got some good news regarding my ''inactive'' status because I may be moving to an appartment with one of my friends on july. If that happens I'm bringing my cockpit that's for sure so you will see me more often. ;)

After this weekend, next race will be when I'll be back home for the ''summer'' break that lasts from late april to late august and if I move out of my room to an appartment I will race after late august. 👍

We got this backup system installed a couple years ago. It hasn't been tested for a long outage like you had (I usually start up the generator after 5 hours without power) but it has one of the highest true/tested flow rates of backup systems.

http://www.floodnot.com/products_blacklabel_battery_sump_pump.html

Latest Posts

Back