◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Attention All SNAILS

With the debacle of replay failure and the headaches it has been causing, I decided to try a little experiment. Until the replay issue is resolved, I have created a global "farm" for replays. Everyone has access and can edit. If you are a divisional replay uploader, keep uploading to the SNAIL drive. Everyone else can upload to this drive. I think if we can collect several copies of replays, we have a better chance of having a full operational set for all divisions (and the stewards). It will also give the members access to copies if they miss one or have one that is corrupt.

For this to work, everyone must follow the same naming guidelines and place your replays into the correct division folder. The SNAIL approved file naming will be as follows:

Year, Month, Day, Division, Your Name:

2013_01_05_D5_Exo

I hope this works and helps alleviate some of the frustration of having a set of bad replays. Please don't abuse it!

This is based on GT5 and we use Google drive instead of Sugarsync but the operation is still the same for both videos in GT6. There are many members that can answer questions if you have them. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: You must have your own Google account to access this area...

Last edited:
Also, what's protocol for someone that gets a DNF? When I kept score I just left it blank.

If the driver starts the race and is disco'd or parks it they get last place. if they bail on the room nothing. you should be able to tell by an exit message showing up (left voluntarily) or just a left the room message (disco).

If the driver starts the race and is disco'd or parks it they get last place. if they bail on the room nothing. you should be able to tell by an exit message showing up (left voluntarily) or just a left the room message (disco).

Remember now in GT6 the same exit message is presented in when someone leaves the room or is dicso'd. Just says such person has left.

Slight flaw here is that GT6 doesn't have an exit message to show if they are disco or leave on their own. If we're not sure and there is no proof, they should get last place points. In the case of multiple discos, first one out gets last place, second one out gets next to last and so on.

In addition, if you are discoed any time after the countdown for qualifying starts and the start of the actual race, you would receive last place points.

Agreed. I really dont care who won. I'm just tired of all the FSU nut swingers. FSU had one of the weakest line ups out of everybody this year.

That formula seems to have worked for the SEC for quite a while now. Have everyone in the conference play a bunch of garbage (never on the road) for their out of conference games and then ride the wave of being overrated to the NCG. I'll give them credit for winning that one game each year but the media created alleged gap in quality between the SEC and everyone else is non-existent.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not looking in the right spot or something. For the first Suzuka race I see "0" in the finish column and "0" in the change column. I see my correct place listed in the finish column for the other races.

I must be losing my mind... I see an entry for all 6 races. (12, 10, 9, 13, 12, 14) I do see a 0/0 in Tylers cell...

hIAAupm.jpg

8L72svd.jpg

xvqdOJK.jpg

35cFdz6.jpg

Avoiding penalties ... Lol
That was an awesome moment!

Attention: All division 2 drivers have been included in a conversation that is a extension of what Tcrash posted on Sunday afternoon. This is a simple reminder of what has happened and things that are not going to a happen again. finishing racing close to 1 am EST is unacceptable and we are taken measure to prevent this from happening again.

A little later than originally planned but Here are the unofficial results for the West Coast Division

85 - GranStand_Bill
77 -Jobyone71
76 -tezgm99
61 - *Nic-KL
60 - *Ice_Warden
52 - Lifesagamble420
33 - *Redsoxboy80
28 - *RedlineGTS
24 - *Chuthulugoat
20 - *Vinnybear-01

* means they did not race every race. Gamble missed the first race because he was hungry but he was there the whole time.

I had a great time and hope to see you guys next Sunday.

A little later than originally planned but Here are the unofficial results for the West Coast Division

85 - GranStand_Bill
77 -Jobyone71
76 -tezgm99
61 - *Nic-KL
60 - *Ice_Warden
52 - Lifesagamble420
33 - *Redsoxboy80
28 - *RedlineGTS
24 - *Chuthulugoat
20 - *Vinnybear-01

* means they did not race every race. Gamble missed the first race because he was hungry but he was there the whole time.

I had a great time and hope to see you guys next Sunday.

What can I say, A gamblin' man needs his food. Haha

To whom it may concern:

I have sent SFCJoeMe a message on psn regarding the racing on sunday D6. Since he has everyone it seems like perplexed to who he is. Told him to come to the forums and make his presence known.

I would assume if no response is not given with in a reasonable time frame, his points will be lost and Prize Selection will be forfeited. Am I right on this thinking or am I out of line?

Edit: Since this is the first time I actually have had a set of 6 working replays, I will share what I did differently. I would wait 2 minutes or so between races to get replay data. First I would change track settings, then input scoring, then i would save the replay after everyone else had gotten on track. As i was host this seemed to workout as i was the one who had to start the races any how.

Last edited:
Remember now in GT6 the same exit message is presented in when someone leaves the room or is dicso'd. Just says such person has left.

Slight flaw here is that GT6 doesn't have an exit message to show if they are disco or leave on their own. If we're not sure and there is no proof, they should get last place points. In the case of multiple discos, first one out gets last place, second one out gets next to last and so on.

In addition, if you are discoed any time after the countdown for qualifying starts and the start of the actual race, you would receive last place points.

Oops, I was not aware of that, thanks for correcting 👍

To whom it may concern:

I have sent SFCJoeMe a message on psn regarding the racing on sunday D6. Since he has everyone it seems like perplexed to who he is. Told him to come to the forums and make his presence known.

I would assume if no response is not given with in a reasonable time frame, his points will be lost and Prize Selection will be forfeited. Am I right on this thinking or am I out of line?

His points should be wiped. I received two messages about him, from @Adventuruss and @Azure Flare. I told them both he needed to follow the procedure for joining S.N.A.I.L. as anyone else would. He didn't and his points will be forfeit. He's more than welcome to join and we'll get him in the correct Division after he runs the time trial.

Just looked at it again and now it's correct. I swear it wasn't last night, but thanks for looking into it.

That was me, it was 0 (zero) I messages @ExoSphere64 in the Results doc last night, but he didn't see it. Sorry for the confusion.

You guys seem to think the SEC won the BCS? It looks like the ACC team won the title.

Why the crybaby reaction to the outcome? The better team came back under pressure and won when it counted.

I'm not a huge College sports fan but no matter what the sport I always appreciate the tremendous effort put forth by people in high pressure situations.

Being a sports photographer it is amazing to watch people make incredible plays under incredible circumstances. Sometimes I get teary eyed when some kid pulls an amazing diving catch out at 3rd base and pops up to throw them out at 1st. Or a batter pulls his team to a win with a 3/2 count and two outs in the final at bat. Plays like that can make or break your psyche and affect the rest of your life as a youth. My 8yr old son had a moment like that last year in a game while pitching and it just made his dear old dad proud :)

Last edited:
Not really....

Sitting on your couch watching TV with a controller in your hand and your cat watching...erm not really the same at all :)

As much as I have relished some of my races, I personally get a bigger charge out of face-to-face sporting moments. Some hockey playoff games, especially in OT, can be awfully memorable, but live, for me, has created deeper and more indelible memories.

That being said, I am not selling virtual racing short, I am very excited to do it, and it is inspiring me to take steps to do some SCCA and/or whatever series I should become a participant in at Summit Point Raceway, WV. I should be done cleaning out the garage and get a fun midlife crisis car-to-be-named-later this spring. There is an indoor karting facility nearby that I am trying to get two of my buddies to join in for a weekly or biweekly get together. One guy owns 3 karts for his kids, so I figger he is an easy sell... In its own way, virtual racing is creating memories, some after the race is over.

----

@criscr - please make your Prize A selection to replace the Subaru at Deep Forest. Page 1, as usual, has the key links on 100,000 credits or less, and so on.

@ptslopoke - you may replace either the Mustang BOSS 302 - OR - Apricot Hill. If you replace the car, same 100,000 credit limit applies.

Last edited:
Not really....

Sitting on your couch watching TV with a controller in your hand and your cat watching...erm not really the same at all :)

That's all in your head. Those same kind of moments you speak of have occured in my life as well, with my children, kids I've coached, even during my own competing in various and sundry sports, including Sunday night SNAIL racing. Anytime anyone or group of anyones, rises up and does something amazing, it's a joy to behold and even moreso to be a part of.

That's all in your head. Those same kind of moments you speak of have occured in my life as well, with my children, kids I've coached, even during my own competing in various and sundry sports, including Sunday night SNAIL racing. Anytime anyone or group of anyones, rises up and does something amazing, it's a joy to behold and even moreso to be a part of.

Couldn't agree more. For instance, in high school I won a JV cross country race. It may not have mattered, but damn did it feel good!

I'd say very much like racing Sunday nights. Same elements involved, control, accuracy, nerves, ability, focus. If you don't get that immersed in what you're doing, why are you doing it?
Because it's fun. But there is no life affecting pressure involved. You crash into a wall, laugh it off and have fun the next race.

If you make game winning catch in front of a 50 parents/players or thousands of fans...THAT's pressure and performance and life changing.

as soon as you start keeping score...its a sport.

I disagree. Figure Skating? Gymnastics? That's a performance, and sure it's athletic, but I would argue it's not a sport.

If you win by something you can measure (minutes or seconds, feet, yards, points, runs, etc), and not strictly on a judge's numerical interpretation of the aesthetics of your work, then I'm closer to calling it a sport.

When do we usually find out what the next combo will be?

Usually in the next few hours, sometime today, likely.

Because it's fun. But there is no life affecting pressure involved. You crash into a wall, laugh it off and have fun the next race.

If you make game winning catch in front of a 50 parents/players or thousands of fans...THAT's pressure and performance and life changing.

So you need people watching you do something to make it important or life changing? I don't think so.

The confidence you can build in yourself by, making the perfect pass or deciding not to attempt the imperfect pass, can be as life changing or impactful as any of the examples you gave. And only you and perhaps a handful of your competitors will ever see it.

Back