◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
Just wanted to share how impressed I am with this SNAIL League. I signed up earlier this week and raced my first set of races last night with a good group of dudes. The race environment and courtesy of the players was great. Also, looking into and learning about all the statistics that are kept has also been very encouraging and has kept the excitement level high even after the TV is turned off and all is done... still thinking of how I could be faster. It definitely makes for the best racing/gaming experience I have ever had. So thanks to all of you who made it happen to begin with and who keep it going.

Looking forward to the coming weeks and months of racing!

👍👍

Thanks, but I prefer my corded Craftsman. My dad's had it for over 10 years, I've had it about 4 now. Torque galor. Never let me down dealing with those loose screws.

I have a Craftsman corded as well. No clutch feature on it, so easy to bugger a screw up. Haven't had that thing out of the tool box in a long time. Grabbing the cordless is just quicker and with a second battery already on charge I don't really worry about losing torques. If I have to do alot of drilling and "screwing it" however, I'll break out that corderd and use it for the drilling and the cordless for the screwing.

I learned a long time ago to race without the chat in my ear. Nothing more annouying than hears people cough/clear their throat, or hear someones kid constently crying or dog barking all through a race. Or, in my case, not many people I think are caring for my singing. So I mute myself and either remvoe my bluetooth or mute voice chat on my headset. It's already a policy to have them off/muted during a race, but sometimes people forget. I know I have.

How do I mute others during a race?

If I turn off my headset, the same "eat some doritos in your ear" becomes surround sound...

I race with the surround sound on and when I turn on my ear piece (just one of those BT phone things) the chat goes to that. I can drop it on the floor if I want but I usually forget. I've lost more than one race engaging in late-race chatter when I thought I had the win in the bag. Almost did it last night actually, twice!

In GT5, you could mute others from the lobby by selecting their name one-by-one. I assume you can do it in GT6 but I haven't tried yet.

Not sure in gt6. I have a usb headset though, so the chat and game sound are through separate channels. Both have a mute button. However, if you being up the room members list in the lobby, there should be a function to mute individuals from there. If you have a little bluetooth, you could pull that from your ear as well.
Ninja'd!

How do I mute others during a race?

If I turn off my headset, the same "eat some doritos in your ear" becomes surround sound...
Luckily the headset I just bought has a convenient volume control built in where you can adjust/mute chat audio independent from your mic. In your case I guess you'd just have to take your headset off or something.

In GT5, you could mute others from the lobby by selecting their name one-by-one. I assume you can do it in GT6 but I haven't tried yet.

Ah, so the mic with parents yelling, kids eating, friends yapping, in background, etc, can get muted! Yes!

Ah, so the mic with parents yelling, kids eating, friends yapping, in background, etc, can get muted! Yes!

It would be extra nice if the people that were playing in that environment had enough common courtesy to mute their mic during the race so the rest of us wouldn't be subjected to it. I mean, they have to know what is going on around them if we can hear it through the mic.

Don't forget, dog barking, wife/girlfriend nagging, kid screaming, neighbor fighting, and my personal favorite that I actually heard once, drug deal being completed.

Ah yes, the heavy breather, a staple of online play. Also the guy who makes his own engine sounds, the guy burping into the mic, the sound of the wheel being ripped out of someone's hands, the sound of every shift being made, and the ever present guy with his TV turned up so loud, you can hear all of his game sound effects over yours. That one in particular makes it very hard to hear when to shift your own car.

Last edited:
In our new favorite menu online "Members list" you can select the noisy offender and select mute mic if they have one turned on. You can also report a player, or call for a reject vote, whatever that does.

You had to show me messing up at Deep Forest! lol
Sorry, it ones of the few spectacular wrecks I witnessed first hand that evening. I know I made the same mistake during practice and I think I almost did it during qualifying. I figured other divisions would have had similar experiences to share related to that photo. Don't forget I also managed to capture almost everyone wrecking in the next photo too!

I really enjoyed racing against everyone last night and I hope you've got a glimpse of my racing style. I'm usually pretty defensive but when an opportunity presents itself I'll put the pressure on. All 3 track/car combos offered something different. Suzuka is a fast track with very few safe passing zones. Sure you can try to pass on the straight before 130R but you'll slow everyone down trying to run 2 wide and risk running off the track. Deep Forest was about holding back. I never chased down the leader, I just let him come to me. I only qualified 6th but managed two wins. Brands Hatch was all about exit speed. After the first race I realized it was safer to give up 1-2 10ths entering a turn in order to avoid potentially giving up 5-6 10ths for being late to the throttle. All the turns seemed to be early apex so braking early was the fastest way around. I'm really surprised I got the pole on that one. I think other drivers in the pack could run upwards of 1 second quicker than me.

Just a quick update on the night from D4, We had a ton of good racing (and a little bit of not so good racing) ASX was ridiculously fast all night and tough to keep up with, especially on round 3. Round 1 me and ASX had a fun battle for first for about 5-6 laps. Me and Chatva had a great 3-4 lap battle in round two that was a lot of fun until Chatva decided to try his hand at drifting (it did not work out so well) Skills and CMbeal did a great night hosting/babysitting throughout the night as well.

The burper, that person gets muted the first time, and never comes off the list. I find it very offensive. It's not like you are in a room hanging out with your friends. That crap is right in someones ear. If a friend thought it was cool to belch in my ear, they would wind up with a black eye or broken tooth.

Guys, I have been struggling to like this game online for awhile now. It's just not happening. Go ahead and put me on the reserve list. I might hop in once in a while, but as of right now, I can't deal with this unfinished game. Off to IRacing for me.

PS: That second combo is a joke.

@Adventuruss
You won't regret it one bit. Well outside missing the awesomeness that is SNAIL.

When you get set up text me and I'll help you through some things that will save you time and get you the D license quickly. Once you get out of the rookie ranks the drivers start getting better. That's not to say I haven't gotten some great races in rookie class.

I can't view the score sheet on my mobile and I wasn't sure if there was a rule regarding posting results before they are official

Yeah, we pretty much wait for Zer05ive to post the unofficial results (before steward review) on the thread. If you want a sneak peak, you need to access the results spreadsheet and take a look.

I can't view the score sheet on my mobile and I wasn't sure if there was a rule regarding posting results before they are official

Yeah, we pretty much wait for Zer05ive to post the unofficial results (before steward review) on the thread. If you want a sneak peak, you need to access the results spreadsheet and take a look.

Yeah! What he said. It's odd you can't view the director's doc from your phone. Do you have the google drive app? I can view and could edit with my phone, if it wasn't such a PITA to do it.

2nd night of snailracing, and first night without any disconnects. I gotta say I had a ton of fun!
Even if it meant I was up until 2am and had to get up for work at 6am.... :)

Newbie question, but who do I contact regarding incorrect results?
For D3, I'm listed as 3rd for Round 3 Race 1, but I actually placed 2nd.

EDIT: I was told this will be fixed soon.

Last edited:
Here's some unofficial footage from last night's division 5 racing. Sorry about the quality, All I have is my camera to record it. I started with just recording my own car but I added some other battles too. Next time I'll just focus on the lead cars.

West Coast Division Report

I know I had a great time and I think that overall it was a great night. We had 11 people show up. We had 6 people run all the races and averaged 8-9 on track. We had a few fast guys show up which always increases the concentration levels. There was good vibe in the room and plenty of hard fought battles. The overall results are as follows

1 kadoimmortal - 86
2 Troggeh - 79
3 Jobyone - 76
4 TezGM99 - 72
5 GranStandBill - 70
6 LuckyFellaJr - 66
7 fastfox400 - 65
8 Intoflatlines - 41
9 lifesagamble420 - 37
10 ChuthuluGoat - 19
11 drgreenthumb - 14

Congrats to Kado and Trog. It was a really close 5 way battle until the last round.

We had the following votes for the combos:

Round 1 - 3 votes
Round 2 - 1 vote
Round 3 - 2 votes

These are the votes of people that only took part in the WC division

This brings me to one though I have had. Having people show up after the normal Sunday event is awesome, helps fill out the grid and we love having you with us. But I do wonder if going forward we could ask those that have already raced to not qualify. Since 7 of us were racing for points every point matters and the extra points of getting pole position can make the difference overall. Just my $.02

Latest Posts

Back