Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I wanted to be able to vote for all of the above. I don't care for Monza and the other two just haven't shown me any good racing. They're fun to drive but they don't seem to provide as much good racing as many other combos have in the past.

Of course we could go the other way, get rid of the Dino and throw in the Suzuki GSX/R4 thing and have three of the exact same type of car running. Variety is the spice of life guys, try and pick something a little different for a change.

Either read this page in the thread or wait for the results post. nmcp1 gave his best guess and Dragonwhisky all but confirmed it just a couple of posts back.

2. USERID_77a23

USERID_77a23

Resetting or powering off your modem and router may help as well

3. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

@everyonewhofitsinthisshoe, you could follow the well documented links to the Google docs that would enlighten you to that same question, and so much more, just follow your nose, it always knows, to the OP and see for yourself. Or be a a more patient and understanding person and wait like the rest of us for zer0s results post that will likely be up tonight.
    This goes for pretty much everything, including the infamous 'what's the combos' question. Nearly everyone I should hope knows the drill by now. Stop being generation now and expecting someone to do the digging for you. Unofficial results go out, the stewards give the winners the all clear, choices are made and in a typical timely manner, the second post is updated. Not to mention that people are general talking about the new combos for a page or three after being selected. If you can't be bothered to look through the thread yourself, then wait for one of those mentioned posts.
    Dangerzone, come back man, I was writing this post!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Dragonwhisky and KTR5 like this.
  4. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Got a room open if anyone wants to race. One makes one spec.
    1472-6118-4216-8216-5540

5. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Sorry, just getting a little bored waiting at Sick Kids. 2 hour delay for surgery and that's after 3.25 hr drive in to Toronto this morning.

6. TEX36

TEX36 Premium

The G-27 Pedal unit - namely the accelerator pedal is shifting to Neutral when fully depressed. Anyone have an idea as to what to look for when I take it apart? Any and all comments appreciated (even the sarcastic ones).
    Thanks for your help.

7. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

I would look for some kind of pinch point involving the wiring from the clutch pedal. I'm pretty sure the only way to go into N would involve the clutch in some way. If there is no pinch point, you might try disconnecting the wires from the clutch and leaving outside the box and see if that fixes your problem.

TEX36 likes this.
  8. fzappa

fzappa Premium

I tried disconnecting the wires on the clutch pedal. Don't bother. If you don't have all of the pedals connected, they don't work. I was getting tired of accidentally hitting the clutch pedal and it shifting to N. So I disconnected the clutch pedal wires and when I tried to use the brake / accel. pedals, they did not work.

TEX36 and intoflatlines like this.
  9. intoflatlines

intoflatlines

Is there a really quick way to tell if your brake pedal spring has been upgraded on the G27? I bought mine used and I'm wondering if it was modded

10. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

That's odd. How does the big brake pedal that connects the brake and clutch pedals work. The instructions for that thing actually tell you to disconnect the wires from the clutch pedal. I'll have to test this with mine. It's a quick test for me as my pedals are inverted and no longer in the box.

There is. Unscrew the allen head nuts from where the pedal bracket connects to the red cylinder. Flip the pedal over and pull the red cylinder apart. This will allow you to pull the spring out and have a look.

intoflatlines likes this.
  11. AJKVail

AJKVail

Take a look here my friend! Contact cleaner has always been the fix for me !
    https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-brake-pedal-sticking.293097/

Drgreenthumb977 likes this.
  12. Dragonwhisky

Dragonwhisky Premium

Sorry to hear that Joe. Sure hope all turns out well with that.

On the results/combo/votes note. We have almost 2 weeks before points racing resumes. Plenty of time for all that needs to be done, to get done. While I would hope that we can get everything finalized for the February season done this week, that way we can all enjoy the next week off, in some cases, it just may not be.

13. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

14. jobyone

jobyone Premium

Speaking of time off. How about an ALT SNAIL event for next Sunday. We could run the same tracks as this week but with cars that we can not currently run in SNAIL. So we could run something like the following:

Ford RS200 at Monaco
    Ferrari 250 GTO at Monza
    Ford GT40 '66 at Brands Hatch

Just an idea.

zer05ive and fizzer like this.
  15. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

Thanks :tup: Can you enter the rest in the results doc please?

16. IceWarden

IceWarden

Or a huge Drivetrain Challenge night ;)

17. Sharkb8ii

Sharkb8ii

Be in by7:30p tonight.

kcheeb likes this.
  18. Mirado_7

Mirado_7

So my PS3 is beginning to fail to read double layer discs (primarily GT6.) Any one know the cheapest place to get a replacement laser? Best deal I've found is $52 on Amazon.

19. Jakedog23

Jakedog23

You better get it because I want to race you again.

Pifachu likes this.
  20. chuyler1

chuyler1 Premium

With the PS4 out, I'm sure you can get a deal on a new PS3 on Craigslist.

21. dabneyd

dabneyd Premium

I've gotten a laser from thegamersfix.com. Ordered the wrong one the first time and they were helpful getting it exchanged.

Drgreenthumb977 and Handlebar like this.
  22. Pichon617

Pichon617

Do a rebuild database once a wk and you will not have many problems google it

23. Pichon617

Pichon617

Do we have any NASCAR fans in SNAIL Im thinking of starting a PRO NASCAR series with real prize.

24. racefan78

racefan78

If I can ever get my internet working again I'd be interested.

Handlebar and Pichon617 like this.
  25. speer9892003

speer9892003

Depending on the time and day I would be all for this.

26. nmcp1

nmcp1

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the votes for the top 3 prize winners removed from the final total votes?

27. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

They are. The vote that was cast by the guy in D1 that didn't race (I'm sure it's just a typo if it's still there) would also be removed.

nmcp1 likes this.
  28. Rallywagon

Rallywagon Premium

Actually, Bowler has a Circle track series thats currently on the back burner, waiting for the track creator to hit.

Handlebar likes this.
  29. Handlebar

Handlebar Premium

Linky.. How? Why? What is that?

30. kcheeb

kcheeb Premium

I went over the directors doc at lunch. everything is correct in there. And that's where zer0 generates the report from.

I'll be updating the votes in the results doc shortly.