◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
Greetings; I am interested in joining. I have taken the online survey and will do the Time Trial in the very near future (I am not prepared to race tomorrow night - if accepted, I would target 3/30 for my first S.N.A.I.L race).

Sidebar on the test/survey: question 7 asked about penalty points. I could not find any explanation of the point value of various infractions anywhere, just that penalties could be applied. Am I doing it wrong?

Also, lol at the Senna quote.
@Wardenclyffe,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

If anyone is interested in watching a heavyweight fight of a soccer match, it's on tomorrow. It's called El Clasico, Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona.

"The league match between Real Madrid and Barcelona that takes place on Sunday in the Santiago Bernabéu has generated great expectations. A total of 700 journalists and 200 media agencies from the five continents have been accredited for the clash. In addition, television coverage of the match will be broadcast all around the world."

Being part of a Mexican family full of football (not soccer :sly:) enthusiasts, tomorrow will be a sacred day. :lol: Go Barcelona!

Not quite sure what I need to join this league, gtplanet I'd and psn name? Also quick question how do I know which divison I fall under? Thanks.
@aliengamer25,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Ok I did the time trial just in time, I ran a on Mazda Laguna Seca with a stock Scion Fr-S 12

You will be placed for next weeks Sunday races. The deadline for a new driver to submit a time trial is 23:59 Eastern on Saturday. We, as a general rule, do not post time trial information publicly. Not having the information out there keeps the sandbagging down.

Partially ninja'd

Last edited:
JLBowler
You will be placed for next weeks Sunday races. The deadline for a new driver to submit a time trial is 23:59 Eastern on Saturday. We, as a general rule, do not post time trial information publicly. Not having the information out there keeps the sandbagging down.

Partially ninja'd
So the time is 11:59 PM deadline, gotcha I misunderstood the time as my clock was wrong. Thank you. Now do I qualify again next Sat or will I be placed in?

So the time is 11:59 PM deadline, gotcha I misunderstood the time as my clock was wrong. Thank you. Now do I qualify again next Sat or will I be placed in?

You will be placed from the time you already submitted. No need for another time trial.

Partially ninja'd
But now the time is in your post;)

Could just put some asterisks in it's place.

Or perhaps something humorous like "derp.herpderp:eleventy".

My setup

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 8
I hate when pics get uploaded to GTP and they are either sideways or upside down. It's a bug in the site's software, so not your fault, it will be fixed in the next update.

And keep jokes about updating to yourself, this isn't Gran Turismo.

Hey guys I have a practice lobby up for any early risers. I will most likely be spending several hours in this lobby. Room ID: 1472-6399-8580-0417-1463

Back