◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
We need to work on this friends only thing, it's two weeks now that people can't see rooms including mine, we couldn't run d2 in friends only because people were not seeing the rooms I had to pm individuals the lobby number to join that way, needless to say that took almost half an hour. None were last minute psn adds all were comrades from d2. The sustainability of this league depends on it's players, and if it's players can't play then the league loses it's Essence. I think we need to reform a couple things.

If you can't find a friends only room, search by track. If that doesn't work, clear your cache or refresh the lobby list. If it's a recurring problem with any particular host, it's time to find a new host.

The reform I would be interested in would be seeing everyone's speedtest and pingtest results to locations on each side of the country and go from there. If anyone is currently running NAT type 3, get it fixed right now. If you want to race here, you need to have NAT type 1 or 2. If anyone is running wireless anywhere in your setup, go to Amazon.com and spend the $10 on a cable and fix it. If you are a driver and other drivers routinely can't see you, you need to get something fixed. It's not always PD or Sony's fault. Once in a while for any of these things is going to happen but if you have these things consistently happening to you, it's time to look at your end of the equation.

I am pretty much forced to have to be wireless (NAT type 2 I believe), but my connection is still good enough, despite an average rating from speedtest.net.

If you can't find a friends only room, search by track. If that doesn't work, clear your cache or refresh the lobby list. If it's a recurring problem with any particular host, it's time to find a new host.

The reform I would be interested in would be seeing everyone's speedtest and pingtest results to locations on each side of the country and go from there. If anyone is currently running NAT type 3, get it fixed right now. If you want to race here, you need to have NAT type 1 or 2. If anyone is running wireless to the PS3, go to Amazon.com and spend the $10 on a cable and fix it. If you are a driver and other drivers routinely can't see you, you need to get something fixed. It's not always PD or Sony's fault. Once in a while for any of these things is going to happen but if you have these things consistently happening to you, it's time to look at your end of the equation.
I notice most times checking the friends only box I see nothing even after multiple resets, but I can find the room in the main list .. I'm NAT 1
don't know if anyone has seen the same thing

any word on the West Coast division. Can't seem to find them
Jason,

I am not sure we have officially gotten you added to the league. Did you get a welcome post? If so have you submitted a Time Trial?

If you have not gotten a welcome post simply post here and @Skills will get you a welcome post with all the instructions you need.

That being said I hope you were able to race tonight.

The reform I would be interested in would be seeing everyone's speedtest and pingtest results to locations on each side of the country and go from there. If anyone is currently running NAT type 3, get it fixed right now. If you want to race here, you need to have NAT type 1 or 2. If anyone is running wireless anywhere in your setup, go to Amazon.com and spend the $10 on a cable and fix it. If you are a driver and other drivers routinely can't see you, you need to get something fixed. It's not always PD or Sony's fault. Once in a while for any of these things is going to happen but if you have these things consistently happening to you, it's time to look at your end of the equation.
We've documented and tested @dabneyd which is an it tech also trouble shooted with us extensively, there's just some things we just can't figure out, I'm the host, I'm running cat 6 to the ps3 in dmz. In pinging west coast with 40 ms via ps3 (I'm east coast) sometimes it isn't user error, besides since this is happening cross board, I can't imagine every host having a setting wrong or having a crappy connection. Bottom line is, since this is an ongoing problem what procedure do we establish if

A) one player doesn't see others or one player is not seen by others, do we ask him to leave?

B) if division mates are having a hard time finding the room what does the host do? Start when the other rooms do? And disregard who can't join?

That's great information to know... now. Here's what was sent to me after my application process was completed:

"On Sunday night, please keep an eye on the thread for your division's room number to be posted. It will be posted about 15 minutes before league night starts."

I watched the thread, saw where WolfSatz posted the race, and then started looking. Here it is, an hour later, and I'm actually still trying to join you guys. I've re-booted multiple times, re-started my router, but every I try to join Ice_Warden's room (who wasn't even the host to begin with) it tells me that the room is full. I have 4/5 bars' worth of connection so apparently it's a network issue, but I'll keep trying because I'm german and I am stubborn.
I'm so sorry about providing you with the wrong information. We recently mandated that all divisions no longer race in the open lobby, and I didn't update the information I provided you to reflect that. :ouch:

@zer05ive , we need to take the quoted part out of the welcome message as it doesn't apply with friends only rooms.
Okay, I've updated the message/instructions I will send to any new members. 👍

Had some good battles in the WC tonight....bit down on numbers, but I think we had fun :)

Replays are uploading as we speak. Results may take a little bit of time; I've provided @Neovre with the screenshots (qualy and races) that should enable them to get entered in however.

Had some good battles in the WC tonight....bit down on numbers, but I think we had fun :)

Replays are uploading as we speak. Results may take a little bit of time; I've provided @Neovre with the screenshots (qualy and races) that should enable them to get entered in however.

I know I had a great time. The best was the BRZ & the Vette. I'm learning a lot here. :)

Looks like we are still missing:

D1 - all votes
D2 - all votes, all race results
WC - all votes, results from combos 2 & 3 (races 3-6)

D5 Replays are posted.

Last edited:
Thanks for hosting D8 yesterday @jaybocc2! That was too much fun and is just week 1 for me :)

I got disconnected a lot but maybe is cause Im down in Brazil and gotta do something to improve connection.

I reseted my PS3 and I could run 3 races in a row, so I guess its kinda solved

Where can I see results for d8?

Do you need help with something? I remember seeing a post that asked for some roles to be filled in d8, maybe I can help.

@mathew_s was really having difficulty finding Div-5 last night. Didn't know about it until just before we started.
Quite sure that I did not check for any messages before starting/opening the D-5 room - "My Bad".

Really hope that the difficulties we seemed to experience across the league, in some form or another, will get settled and we can get back to the GT-5 pleasures/agonies of racing.

Growth comes with continual "issues" - I hope everyone can be patient with addressing and correcting.

Epic Racing in D4 last night!!
This is the reason why I joined SNAIL. Race Hard, Race Clean..
I think Race 2 on Grand Valley was the most satisfying race I ever had. 5 racers battling it out front consistently lapping in the 1:55's
Congrats @Rednose58 for sweeping poll positions for the night and converting them all into wins. Even starting at the back in Race 2 he always seemed to find a way to the front!!

GREAT job on hosting the evening @TEX36

Thanks for hosting D8 yesterday @jaybocc2! That was too much fun and is just week 1 for me :)

I got disconnected a lot but maybe is cause Im down in Brazil and gotta do something to improve connection.

I reseted my PS3 and I could run 3 races in a row, so I guess its kinda solved

Where can I see results for d8?

Do you need help with something? I remember seeing a post that asked for some roles to be filled in d8, maybe I can help.

Felipe, nice to see see another "carioca" here =)

About the connection issues: sometimes i get disconnected during the night, sometimes i lag, and sometimes it just goes perfectly. There is a couple of things to do, but as far as i know it varies from night to night. Some days it will be a disaster and there is nothing we can do about it. And that is for everyone not only for us.

Before the race starts, enter the track and make some laps, ask someone to watch you to see if you are lagging, if you are, well, i would just quit for the night because i don't want to ruin nobody's race. And since you won't be having good battles with lag, it's not worth to race anyway.

Send me a pm if you have more questions.

Drive clean, have fun.

Last edited:
We've documented and tested @dabneyd which is an it tech also trouble shooted with us extensively, there's just some things we just can't figure out, I'm the host, I'm running cat 6 to the ps3 in dmz. In pinging west coast with 40 ms via ps3 (I'm east coast) sometimes it isn't user error, besides since this is happening cross board, I can't imagine every host having a setting wrong or having a crappy connection. Bottom line is, since this is an ongoing problem what procedure do we establish if

A) one player doesn't see others or one player is not seen by others, do we ask him to leave?

B) if division mates are having a hard time finding the room what does the host do? Start when the other rooms do? And disregard who can't join?

If one player can't see one other player and vice versa, ask them both to leave, clear cache and re-enter room. If that doesn't fix it, ask them to exit the game and reset everything. If one player can't be seen by multiple players, ask the player that can't be seen to leave room and clear cache and re-enter. If that doesn't work, have the one player exit the game and reset everything.

If members of the divisions are having trouble finding the room, there are workarounds if it doesn't show up as friends only. They can search by track or they can scroll through the main list. The best suggestion I can make is that you don't show up and try and find and enter the room at 9:25 eastern on race night. Give yourself some time to find the room and get ready to race. Remember, the first race qualifying is supposed to start at 9:30 eastern.

If one player can't see one other player and vice versa, ask them both to leave, clear cache and re-enter room. If that doesn't fix it, ask them to exit the game and reset everything. If one player can't be seen by multiple players, ask the player that can't be seen to leave room and clear cache and re-enter. If that doesn't work, have the one player exit the game and reset everything.

If members of the divisions are having trouble finding the room, there are workarounds if it doesn't show up as friends only. They can search by track or they can scroll through the main list. The best suggestion I can make is that you don't show up and try and find and enter the room at 9:25 eastern on race night. Give yourself some time to find the room and get ready to race. Remember, the first race qualifying is supposed to start at 9:30 eastern.

If all the means you have suggested for issue one where a player cant see another have been exhausted, and im only asking this because this wad the case yesterday, a player could not be seen and he could only see others, the player had reset his router and ps3 cleared cache, other players had also left and rejoined, we went as far as remaking the room and that still didnt work, what would the host do then?

If all the means you have suggested for issue one where a player cant see another have been exhausted, and im only asking this because this wad the case yesterday, a player could not be seen and he could only see others, the player had reset his router and ps3 cleared cache, other players had also left and rejoined, we went as far as remaking the room and that still didnt work, what would the host do then?

If you have exhausted all those options and you still have one player that can't bee seen by multiple players then you need to ask the player that can't be seen to leave for the night. I would also suggest getting that player to find out what their NAT type is and have them run a speedtest and pingtest and post the results. The way that GT6 connects players allows for one subpar connection to wreak havoc with an entire room.

I've been playing GT games online since GT5p and there has always been the potential to not see another driver. I have noticed over my years of playing that when drivers can't see each other, it almost always involves the same drivers over and over.

I'm so sorry about providing you with the wrong information. We recently mandated that all divisions no longer race in the open lobby, and I didn't update the information I provided you to reflect that. :ouch:

Okay, I've updated the message/instructions I will send to any new members. 👍

That's good enough for me - I appreciate the sincerity! I was a bit ticked last night being that I had put in practice time and even had to race some offline events to earn cash in order to purchase the Subaru. See you guys (hopefully) next week.

If you have exhausted all those options and you still have one player that can't bee seen by multiple players then you need to ask the player that can't be seen to leave for the night. I would also suggest getting that player to find out what their NAT type is and have them run a speedtest and pingtest and post the results. The way that GT6 connects players allows for one subpar connection to wreak havoc with an entire room.

I've been playing GT games online since GT5p and there has always been the potential to not see another driver. I have noticed over my years of playing that when drivers can't see each other, it almost always involves the same drivers over and over.
we will work on it

Update - Looks like we are still missing:

D2 - all votes, all race results

WC - all votes, results from combos 2 & 3 (races 3-6)

WC scores will be entered after noon

Awesome! 👍

D1 - all votes - DONE

Great! :cheers:

Felipe, nice to see see another "carioca" here =)

About the connection issues: sometimes i get disconnected during the night, sometimes i lag, and sometimes it just goes perfectly. There is a couple of things to do, but as far as i know it varies from night to night. Some days it will be a disaster and there is nothing we can do about it. And that is for everyone not only for us.

Before the race starts, enter the track and make some laps, ask someone to watch you to see if you are lagging, if you are, well, i would just quit for the night because i don't want to ruin nobody's race. And since you won't be having good battles with lag, it's not worth to race anyway.

Send me a pm if you have more questions.

Drive clean, have fun.

That's cool, another "carioca" at S.N.A.I.L! What division are you at?

And thanks for the tips about connection. I will pm you if needed.

The strangest thing of it all was that I noticed no lag, no nothing, I was just making a pass and then bum... Im out, waiting to join qualifying for the next race, bum... out again.

Back