◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,798 comments
Finally added the GTEye spring to the G27 brake pedal, along with the new setup last night, what a difference. Although I blew alot of corners by not braking hard enough the modulation is great. Hoping just a few more hours and it will feel normal again!

It is funny how hard it gets to press that progressive spring all the way down at first!! I could not figure out why my car would not stop after I installed it then I realized I was pushing it down halfway thinking that was all the way down! lol Your gunna love it if you aren't already loving it!! Best $27 I ever spent!!! 👍

We've now hit 60 drivers recorded here. The average age at this point is 37.52.
Too funny. As you noted in the first line of your post up TOPP, the "I" in SNAIL stood for "intermediate" because that's the level of driver I felt I was (and the level I was looking to recruit for and compete against). Well apparently my age can now also be classified as "intermediate" since 37.52 is almost exactly how old I am. :D

Would the following SNAILs please take the time to run the GT6 SNAIL Time Trial and submit their times;

@dgaf95integra
@Xradkins
@AG07WRXTR
@AJKVail
@fzappa
@Drgreenthumb977
@DMacs13
@racingchamp30
@cmbeal317
@flesxruoyxllik
@GumballCGT
@martin20az
@qwietstorm
@dangerzone641
@Adventuruss
@zer05ive
@mopar440

All that's needed to complete this is a few laps and your name and time submitted on the form, no other information need be included. Thanks.

:cheers: To those players having a strike-through their name up there. Thanks for your time folks.

Thanks @martin20az

Forgot to mention, with martin20az's GT6 TT entry, we've had 350 TT times entered since SNAIL started GT6.

Nabbed another TOPP. Wasn't even playing either.:odd:

Last edited:
After submitting all you information doing the test and the time trial how long does it take to find out your placement?

JLBowler will be updating the driver's list and sending PMs again, for drivers not already placed, probably tomorrow or Wednesday, then possibly again on Saturday.

This is the first cut on the SNAIL MAZADASPEED MIATA series. It is a cut and paste of the UK Sister Series currently run by @coxbox at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mazdaspeed-miata-spec-racing-sh-limited-tuning.314212/

This will give you the specs which are being adopted so that the SNAIL winners each season MAY be eligible to race in the WORLD MAZADASPEED championship which is yet to be organized. (too many races...so little time.) This series will start in October which is the soonest that our hosts can be available and quite frankly we need the time to get our SIERRA together. This organizing stuff is MUCH more difficult than the racing.

Current thinking is Monday nights @ 10:00 PM Eastern with either three races of varied lengths (a 15 min a 20 min and one 30 min)or two races..(one sprint of 20 minutes and and one requiring a pit stop with a caution period....say 40 minutes.)

Cheers and check 6

@joe_diben
@miata13B
@coxbox

mazdaspeed_redandblackontransparent.png

Spec Miata is a class of racing car used in Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), National Auto Sport Association (NASA), and Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC)road racing events.

The Spec Miata (SM) class is intended to provide the opportunity to compete in low-cost cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition. It is intended to encourage low cost, entry level, production car based competition. Spec Miata currently races both sprints and enduros where available.

The Car
Eunos Roadster (NA Special Package) 89'

Max Power:123
Weight:900kg

Tyres: SH
Suspension: Racing Hard
Pit Service: Improve Body Rigidity
Racing Breaks:Break Balance Your Choice
Drivetrain: Stock
Diff: Stock
Clutch/Prop: Stock
Engine: Stock
Exhaust: Stock
Intake: Stock
Pit Service: Oil Change
Power Limiter:100%
Ballast Weight: Your Choice As Long As Your Car Is 900kg
Ballast Position: Your Choice, See Above
Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Windows: Window Weight Reduction
Bonnet: Carbon Bonnet/Body Colour
Aero: Front Allowed, No Wing

Paint: Your SNAIL approved paint colors
Racing Gear: Please Match Your Paint Scheme
Wheels:Standard Size
Wheel Paint:SNAIL approved paint colors
Driver Number: Type E (check to see if in use), SNAILS feel free to be creative....

The Tracks ..we will mimic the UK series
Willow Springs- Big Willow 10 Laps Rounds 1-2
Indy Road 8 Laps Rounds 3-4
Laguna Seca 10 Laps Rounds 5-6
Willow Springs- Streets of Willow 11 Laps Rounds 7-8
Daytona Road 60 Minute Endurance/ Weather/Time/1 Stop Round 9

Race Settings...this is UK...we will lengthen our races
Qualifier Settings: Race Together
Qualifier Start: Pit Start
Qualifier Time:10 Min(s)

Start : Grid Start with False Start Check
Grid Oder: Fastest First
Boost: Off
Penalty: Week
Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Fast
Grip Reduction : Real
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream: Real
Driving Line: Available (this will help new drivers learn tracks faster)
ABS: Available ( set to 1)
Other Aids: Off

Minimum Number Of Pit Stops: 1 For Endurance Race At Daytona Road
Require Tyre Change: Yes For Endurance At Daytona

This is the first cut on the SNAIL MAZADASPEED MIATA series. It is a cut and paste of the UK Sister Series currently run by @coxbox at https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mazdaspeed-miata-spec-racing-sh-limited-tuning.314212/

This will give you the specs which are being adopted so that the SNAIL winners each season MAY be eligible to race in the WORLD MAZADASPEED championship which is yet to be organized. (too many races...so little time.) This series will start in October which is the soonest that our hosts can be available and quite frankly we need the time to get our SIERRA together. This organizing stuff is MUCH more difficult than the racing.

Current thinking is Monday nights @ 10:00 PM Eastern with either three races of varied lengths (a 15 min a 20 min and one 30 min)or two races..(one sprint of 20 minutes and and one requiring a pit stop with a caution period....say 40 minutes.)

Cheers and check 6

@joe_diben
@miata13B
@coxbox

Spec Miata
is a class of racing car used in Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), National Auto Sport Association (NASA), and Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC)road racing events.

The Spec Miata (SM) class is intended to provide the opportunity to compete in low-cost cars with limited modifications, suitable for racing competition. It is intended to encourage low cost, entry level, production car based competition. Spec Miata currently races both sprints and enduros where available.

The Car

Driver Number: Type E (check to see if in use), SNAILS feel free to be creative....

I'm in on this....

Cheers and check 6

@joe_diben
@miata13B
@coxbox

Spec Miata
is a class of racing car used in Sports Car Club of America (SCCA), National Auto Sport Association (NASA), and Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs (MCSCC)road racing events.

The Car

My good sir, I am so hyped for this!

Cheers and check 6

@joe_diben
@miata13B
@coxbox

Spec Miata

The Car

I really like this as well, looking forward to trying this format tomorrow night with some fellow snails.
Just a couple of questions, are you planning on a Monday night so it doesn't interfere with any SNAIL events, and why the later start time?
After being up till well past midnight on Sundays it is tough to have another later night on Monday, but if it is on a Monday why could we not start at say 8 pm or so. The great thing about the UK series is the 8pm start on a Tuesday night. I realize it is alot of work to start anything and there will always be different opinions, just curious.
:cheers:

I really like this as well, looking forward to trying this format tomorrow night with some fellow snails.
Just a couple of questions, are you planning on a Monday night so it doesn't interfere with any SNAIL events, and why the later start time?
After being up till well past midnight on Sundays it is tough to have another later night on Monday, but if it is on a Monday why could we not start at say 8 pm or so. The great thing about the UK series is the 8pm start on a Tuesday night. I realize it is alot of work to start anything and there will always be different opinions, just curious.
:cheers:
The later start is so SWMBO won't kill me for driving on Monday(this is after her beddy bye time) night and because one of the hosts is a bar tender whose hours are..shall we say...bizarre . Monday is in fact a SNAIL opening and most of us do not have any other races even in other leagues that night. There may be consideration of an afternoon race after work east coast time. Time will... in effect...tell. Also this will be a shorter night than SNAIL SUNDAY by its very nature. Same track no constant resetting etc.

The later start is so SWMBO won't kill me for driving on Monday(this is after her beddy bye time) night and because one of the hosts is a bar tender whose hours are..shall we say...bizarre . Monday is in fact a SNAIL opening and most of us do not have any other races even in other leagues that night. There may be consideration of an afternoon race after work east coast time. Time will... in effect...tell. Also this will be a shorter night than SNAIL SUNDAY by its very nature. Same track no constant resetting etc.
Thanks for the explanation, I'm still game, though by 10 Monday night I'm ready for bed. Maybe being more relaxed might help:D

Okay thanks, just been waiting for 5days day as of now

Between doing promotion and relegation for the new season, running the one off oval event, the holiday weekend, and the other stuff that I do on a daily and nightly basis that's not related to SNAIL I've been a little busy. We had a week off from racing so you haven't missed a thing. I will be getting welcome messages out tomorrow in the AM (Pacific time).

Okay thanks, just been waiting for 5days day as of now
Sorry for the delay. With the expansion to 8 divisions, the holiday weekend and getting ready for another season, he's fairly busy. I'm certain you'll be all set for the 7th.

Bloody effin ninja tree'd by the man himself.

I just nominated @Dragonwhisky .

Think I've been nominated for president in this thread, maybe it was another thread, once already Joe. Had to turn it down then and nothing's changed since. Thanks for the thought though.

Sorry for the delay. With the expansion to 8 divisions, the holiday weekend and getting ready for another season, he's fairly busy. I'm certain you'll be all set for the 7th.

Bloody effin ninja tree'd by the man himself.
Between doing promotion and relegation for the new season, running the one off oval event, the holiday weekend, and the other stuff that I do on a daily and nightly basis that's not related to SNAIL I've been a little busy. We had a week off from racing so you haven't missed a thing. I will be getting welcome messages out tomorrow in the AM (Pacific time).
Don't leave my family/brother hanging. :P

It's from Edmonton and it's in that condition?! Wow, nice one!

Makes me wonder what everyone else drives here. Post em up!

'14 STi here, picked up one of the last ones available in Feb earlier this year. Was tough to find without special order, but found the color and spec I always wanted. Such a joy to drive!

View attachment 215974
2001 Camaro Z28 (picture of it is my profile picture)

About a month ago I realized a part of our league is about to have an anniversary. I thought about it a bit and decided I wanted to write up, if not a celebratory post, at least something, acknowledging the passage of time. So, a couple of weeks ago I embarked on a little journey. In between doing my duty at my place of employment, making other posts and dealing with the rest of my everyday life, I went back a ways in the SNAIL thread and began some light research. This light research moved at (pun certainly intended) a snail’s pace. There’s been a lot of ground covered, over the course of the last 2 years and 8 months, but my intent was to highlight what has been with us for the last 12 seasons of racing. To that end, I give you;

The One Year Anniversary of
the

View attachment 215945
S.N.A.I.L. started out as the Sunday Night American Intermediate League on December 12 2011. In a few short months it went from a small group of friends to 3 divisions of Gran Turismo 5 players, dedicated to having the closest and cleanest racing possible. By the summer of 2012, the league had grown to five divisions and the acronym had been redefined as the Sunday Night American Interactive League. Over that time the league had collected many individuals that helped evolve the standards and methods the league operates under, and, guide the league out of its infancy. Some of those members are still active in the league today, to varying degrees. Some have moved on to other endeavors.

SNAIL enjoyed more than a year supplying a place for over 50+ drivers to enjoy clean racing on the GT5 platform. In GT5’s waning months, some changes to how clean racing was enforced were put in to practice. While it kept to the basic tenets the founders developed using the GT Planet OLR, it streamlined and automated much of the process. Prior to this system being developed and employed, drivers in SNAIL, when faced with reporting an OLR infraction, would use the GTP messaging system to alert their Division Steward, the Steward would then copy that information to what was then a group forum thread, the steward corps would then review the reported incident and each would make a ruling. One steward was tasked with collecting these rulings, collating the data and publishing those rulings to all league members.

In September of 2013, after a few weeks of testing, the SNAIL Incident Reporting and Review system was given the green light and became the only authorized way for members of SNAIL to report OLR infractions. The system consists of a Google Documents spreadsheet and an input form, which were used to collect the data, both from infraction submissions and Steward ruling scores. The system programmatically sends notifications to the appropriate Division Steward, the Driver the infraction was filed against and the driver filing the report. It also creates a Google document the stewards use to express their opinions and reasons for their rulings. There is also programming in place to assist that one steward, tasked with giving everyone the news regarding who was penalized and what the price paid for those infractions is. The system has been tweaked a few times and also provides some statistical records, for analysis by the Steward Corps and League Management. The league member who is, for all practical purposes, the one responsible for making this system work as it does, is @kcheeb. He’s one of those members that moved on to other endeavors. His presence in SNAIL is missed.

In the last 12 months SNAILIRR has been used to track 555 incident reports and 16 Stewards have amassed 1,832 rulings, which results in an average of 3 stewards reviewing each incident. At its peak level, from racing on 23 February 2014, 204 reviews were recorded, and, an incident reported from races on 12 January 2014, received 10 steward rulings, to include a guest steward’s opinion. Of the 16 stewards on record, the most prolific steward carries 21.8% of all reviews scored. The second most stands at 20.3%.
:cheers: to everyone in SNAIL for helping this system do what it's designed to do. When I mean everyone I mean everyone, not just Stewards and TEAM SNAIL members.

Does anyone remember the havoc Gran Turismo 6’s alpha release caused to the league as a whole? I can say there are several stewards who would like to forget the agony of relying on a practically broken and completely frustrating replay lottery that was played for at least the first 8 weeks SNAIL raced on the GT6 platform.

Many things have smoothed out since then, some things have not. Network fragility and incompatibility issues continue to plague our league, tools we could put to good use, have yet to materialize. What is astounding, really, is how, at the beginning of GT6 we had contracted to 3 divisions, but, the 1st league night using the new game, where points were awarded, a 4th division was stood up, that night. In the space of 3 short months, following the start of SNAIL on GT6, and considering the catastrophic issues we experienced on that first, for points night, attendance records were not just beaten, they were obliterated. The explosive growth brought us from 4 divisions to 9, which included the West Coast time slot, and one crazy night saw over 100 SNAILs vying for Prize candidacy and collecting Sponsor prize challenge points. We have since stabilized somewhat in divisional structure, with a contraction down to 6 divisions, and have enjoyed some steady growth back to 8 divisions, to start the September 2014 season.

A couple other nifty stats – The first two years saw this thread hit 40,726 posts, and that was with who knows how many excess drama posts removed by moderators. In the almost 8 months of the third year, and with this post, that number has hit 68,071, and again, with who knows how many of those excess drama posts being removed. My maths are a little rough here, but it stands to reason, with already eight thousand more than our previous two year average, and about 4 months until the SNAIL 3rd year anniversary is upon us, if we continue with our current monthly post count, we’ll easily hit 81,000 for a post count. That’s a tad less than double in one year what was posted in the first two. Whoda thunk it?

By the way, myself and @socalnatv will be celebrating 2 years in SNAIL on the 2nd of this month. Where is that post with all the stars and flags anyway?

reserved for incoming epic post. :dopey::crazy:

I won. Thanks for playing all!
Wow. You guys had your first race on my sevententh birthday. What are the odds... :dopey:

Back