◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Having adjusted my wheel force up (10 in game and 130 on when currently), I actually really like it now. I think I've reduced my deadzone somewhat and have better feel of the car using the sensitivity setting at 8.

Luckily for me, a big part of finding that happy place that was boosting the FFB on my wheel itself, but I'm happy with what I've got now. Ready for Grim's RaceCar series tomorrow... although I may not have practiced enough to clear KOQ this week! :nervous:

I agree, the deadzone is completely gone from my G27. Also, the biggest thing that I noticed is you can actually throttle steer better now with more feedback. I'm gonna try it out on some of my old saved best lap replays for a better comparison and maybe set-up the old SNAIL qualifier at Streets of Willow.

At the end of the day I think it's just individual preference.

Apparently a hot fix was released around 6am, changing the FFB "due to it not behaving as intended."

Shizzz back to the drawing board. I was devastated at first yesterday, then elated once I found a workaround... Now... Who knows?!

It wasn't clear if they removed the torque/sensitivity split setting, or if they just boosted the torque strength from what I read. But some comments seemed to indicate that the increased "feel" / sensitivity was gone, with weight back. Good for some, but also bad for all... :dunce:

Apparently a hot fix was released around 6am, changing the FFB "due to it not behaving as intended."

Shizzz back to the drawing board. I was devastated at first yesterday, then elated once I found a workaround... Now... Who knows?!

It wasn't clear if they removed the torque/sensitivity split setting, or if they just boosted the torque strength from what I read. But some comments seemed to indicate that the increased "feel" / sensitivity was gone, with weight back. Good for some, but also bad for all... :dunce:

It doesn't matter, tune it and drive the wheels off the thing:gtpflag:

To the D
So looking at some forums around GTPlanet, it seems like the FFB has been made more "realistic" and it changes between road cars and race cars.

For DFGT users, try 9/9 and controller sensitivity to -2. I've not tested it, but I've heard it's the closest to pre update FFB
I have a Driving force pro and so far my sweet spot is
-2 controller sensitivity
7 torque
6 sensitivity
I overall like the feel. More engaging, and overall more sensation as to what is going on at the wheels. I had mine set heavy before update and is was strange at first, but with some time, I can't believe what I was missing.

Link to GT6 site describing what they did (or didn't do). It's all too complicated for me. All I know it feels different. Heavier when I go fast, lighter when I go slow. It now actually feels similar to the Formula 1 game (I have 2011 version). Also, I don't know if I am imagining things, but it is almost if I can feel the ABS jitter, causing a minute amount of understeer when I turn in.

Link to GT6 site describing what they did (or didn't do). It's all too complicated for me. All I know it feels different. Heavier when I go fast, lighter when I go slow. It now actually feels similar to the Formula 1 game (I have 2011 version). Also, I don't know if I am imagining things, but it is almost if I can feel the ABS jitter, causing a minute amount of understeer when I turn in.

Maybe that's why I feel like I can blip the throttle a little more now prior to apex to settle the car..I'm gonna try this later. I know the brake has a firmer feel in the FT-1 VGT. I just like the fact that I can brake and throttle steer a little better now. I always hear the upper division guys talk about it but could never get the feel for it. Now it just begs for more.

Just an observation as I'm reviewing replays right now. If you are in a division that is running with penalties on, you need to quit counting on the ghosting feature to save your bacon and drive within your abilities. The time is coming when penalties will be turned off for all divisions and the ghosting feature will go away. Save yourself the painful adjustment period and start learning to drive without contact now.

I'm liking 0 on controller sensitivity, 9 on torque and 7 on sensitivity.. Feels almost like it did before.
I am still trying to find a setting I like, haven't tried it since the quick patch this morning yet though. I've seen a couple people note their controller sensitivity, but if you are using a wheel then it doesn't matter what it is set at, as it only works if you are steering with the DS3.

That pass was going to end one of two ways Matt lol nice move, and great racing all around!
Luckily I had your door before the entry or I would have backed off. Too bad noseknows followed me and took second. It was and epic race. I think I lost a pound In Sweat. The nice thing about boost is that it is almost non existent up front. Keeping the pack together but the front runners competing for position using strategy and craft over fast laps.

Another observation while reviewing replays. If you're going to fill out an IR, read the instructions that go with it. The time stamp for the incident you enter should come from the total race time which is in the upper right corner of your screen. You do not enter the individual lap time. You do not enter the time from the replay controls. You do not enter your best lap time (don't laugh, I've seen it happen). You enter the total time from the upper right corner of your screen. The stewards have enough work without trying to figure out where you got your time stamp from.

I am still trying to find a setting I like, haven't tried it since the quick patch this morning yet though. I've seen a couple people note their controller sensitivity, but if you are using a wheel then it doesn't matter what it is set at, as it only works if you are steering with the DS3.

It does effect the feeling of the wheel. On 7 it feels lighter than on -2

I disagree, the description reads for Controller Steering Sensitivity "Adjust the movement speed and sensitivity of the front wheels in response to steering input from the directional buttons or left/right stick."

All I know is I tried 0, -2, and 7 for that setting with my G27 plugged in and there was no difference at all.

Last edited:
Ran some laps with @Dragonwhisky last night. First time behind the wheel in nearly 6 months. Had a good time.

Def was rusty as I really haven't ran online in GT6 for nearly 10 months. None the less was fun and will join again.
There you :censored:in' go again, gettin' my hopes up for a return of my Gran Turismo mentor and Wheel Rig Designer/Builder.

Who are both of these guys??!?!?! ;)
This. @dabneyd

I disagree, the description reads for Controller Steering Sensitivity "Adjust the movement speed and sensitivity of the front wheels in response to steering input from the directional buttons or left/right stick."

All I know is I tried 0, -2, and 7 for that setting with my G27 plugged in and there was no difference at all.
Have you tested since the hot fix? I have an it can feel a difference..

Have you tested since the hot fix? I have an it can feel a difference..
Never underestimate the placebo effect. Sometimes just the ability to change something will make the user think that something has actually changed. The fact that there is or isn't an actual change will not matter to someone under the influence of the placebo effect.

Last edited:
No. Exhaustion an lack of sleep clouded my judgrment. Just test pre hot fix, and after. Feels the same. Just have more adjustments to make.:(

I think maybe sensitivity was working and torque was always at one for some cars idk I need to test. PD is not clear about anything did it go back or did they fix it? And also controller sensitivity? :confused: It's time to bust out the Gt white coats

Update the btr is drivable now. Feels like before I could not test understeer in this car. Also FFs feel different it seems like there is undeersteer feedback and my Integra drop lap times by a half sec in autumn ring. I feel like there is a better sensation of no longer turning and just plowing on. The bumps do feel out of sync though.

Last edited:
Back