◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
On a different note.

SOUND ISSUE

PD are aware of the issue, and believe it to be related to the introduction of additional gauges.
A fix is expected, but in the mean time please disable your additional gauges.

On a different note.

SOUND ISSUE

PD are aware of the issue, and believe it to be related to the introduction of additional gauges.
Oh god... I put it on one car ,, good luck me knowing which one lol

I think you may be misinterpreting my meaning and/or taking somthing out of context. I take full responsibility for my actions, at the time I take those actions, on the track. There is no excuse for not doing so, in my book. I say I expect others, especially my friends, should tell me when I've done something wrong. If you can't count on your friends to point out when you're breaking the rules you've agreed to, then what's the point of having friends? My friends can count on me that I will point out when they did it against the rules. And I ain't shy about doing "the work" as you call it, at either end of the spectrum this discussion is about. If a person did what is proper, under the rules we race under, every time a bad decision or mistake was made, there would be no need for the IR&R system.

I'm going to have to say to you Wardenclyffe, calling my position, "wrong" really bugs me. First off, it's not a position, it's a decision. Secondly, you can disagree with what I think, or in this case, what I've decided, however, you are not qualified to decide what is wrong for me. Thirdly, I hold nothing against those who do self report. Think about this though, when a driver self reports, he, or she, is basically admitting they commited an infraction. Is that self report backed up by the driver taking corrective action on the track? What does it mean to have the one without the other? A driver doesn't get penalty points reduced for both a self report and an on track concession. Which do you do see as being better in relation to sportsmanship? The immediate reaction and action taken, or the after the fact action taken?
No, you aren't taking full responsibility for your actions if you're only participating in half of the process. Don't get me wrong - on-track concessions are good and just but they're also required. Self-filing an Incident Report is the next step in the personal responsibility process, wherein you'll receive additional penalties beyond track position during the race. Whether or not the victimized driver is your friend or not has nothing to do with it.

Also, it is indeed a "position", as used in my post. I'm not going to argue over that, nor will I argue over what every evolved person on this planet knows, which is that characterizing failure to take personal responsibility as wrong is an indisputable fact.

To answer your question, I don't separate the two as being in competition given one is a hard SNAIL law but if you really want to split hairs I'll go there and say I believe the IR process has the greater influence over SNAIL being as clean as it is. On-track concessions are a good and just requirement but they do not produce the lasting penalty the IR process does. Having and using both is the only way to cultivate an environment where there is a compelling sense of fair play, focused solely on clean racing.

I was hesitant to post this follow-up because I don't wish to fan any further drama flames but I have strong feelings about seeing SNAILs discouraging the use of the IR system, especially coming from senior members, and super-especially coming from the Chief Steward. The directly visible effect it has on the racing is the reason I have stayed and I selfishly want the racing to stay as clean as it has been for me so far.

On a different note.

SOUND ISSUE

LMAO!!! I never installed any!

The Scirroco doesn't act like a front wheel drive per say. It is no where near the understeer of a typical FF.

Love it or hate it Sunday we will be racing the ...
Volkswagon Scirocco R '10 @ Motegi RC
Dealership 435pp/252hp
Oil 442pp/265hp
tmQMcVj.jpg

You go my Brother, great pick.. We'll drive it.. and like it..:cheers:

Getting rid of the Adjusted Point total would be a more accurate way to determine prize winners. After looking thru history links it seems no matter who has a better night it falls on what ever division has the most on track which in my opinion is a load of crap.

Its more difficult to be consistently well when there's more on track. The adjusted totals make complete sense. If youre rscing against 4 people all night, youre guaranteed at least 78 points even if you don't race well and finish last. If someone races against 14 others, and averages a 4th in each race, it makes complete sense to reward them with more adjusted points.

What youre saying is the number of cars on track shouldnt be factored in? Winning from the back of 16 cars is way tougher than from the back of a pack of 4.....

Page1 before oil change

Oh you know I don't care Shocky!! Lol. Throw rain tires on it! I was just throwing a TC out there that would make it really hard to drive! I think it would really make everyone real cautious and be a true test of patience! Like @JLBowler said.. You just have to learn how to drive it and I agree! I know I'm the minority on that but it would be a different experience!!

So... Practice tonight?

VW Scirocco R '10 at Motegi Road Course (442 PP / 265 hp - Sport Hard)

Spoon S2000 Race Car '00 at Autumn Ring (490 PP / 326 hp - Race Hard)

Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 at Silverstone Gran Prix (659 PP / 858 hp - Race Medium)

(Thanks! @sprintr64 )

Last edited:
So... Practice tonight?

Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 (659 PP / 858 hp - Race Medium) at Nurburgring GP/F
......Silverstone.....​

So... Practice tonight?

Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car '09 at Silverstone Gran Prix (659 PP / 858 hp - Race Medium)

(Thanks! @sprintr64 )
Yay! 2 new cars I already own!!! I'll be on around 830 est

Oh you know I don't care Shocky!! Lol. Throw rain tires on it! I was just throwing a TC out there that would make it really hard to drive! I think it would really make everyone real cautious and be a true test of patience! Like @JLBowler said.. You just have to learn how to drive it and I agree! I know I'm the minority on that but it would be a different experience!!

Snow tires with chains...Ice Road Trucker style...

I keep checking back but the line up for Sunday is not posted yet. Does any know what it is? I'm asking in case I am missing something.

I keep checking back but the line up for Sunday is not posted yet. Does any know what it is? I'm asking in case I am missing something.

I just opened a friends only room if anyone wants to practice their slide recovery skills in the Corvette.....Just kidding Ogg!

Back