◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Now... Harvey Mushman is my hands down favorite, Mr James Garner is a very pretty much in second by about 0.1...

garner-20-7.jpg

Grand-Prix-Movie.jpg

Thursday image....my favorite all time actor who happened to be a top rank race car driver with a burning urge to portray the essence of racing. He used mostly his own money and actually had no script or screen play when he started filming the most classic racing movie ever made. I believe David Piper lost both his legs in the filming which used real Porsche 917s and Ferrari 512s. To Steve...actor, race car driver, and producer director. Salut.

View attachment 233656
Now... Harvey Mushman is my hands down favorite, Mr James Garner is a very pretty much in second by about 0.1...

Indeed..Garner, Newman, and McQueen...good grid there...

This is the week in between monthly seasons and that means that I have to evaluate every driver in every division along with any new drivers that are coming in at this time. I have already started the task and I am hoping to have all promotion and relegation for existing drivers and all new drivers placed and messages sent tomorrow morning (morning pacific time).
That reminds me.. Doing P&R and updating the driver list are both ways to earn $hells now. 👍

There are also a couple of new ways for @CoachMK21 to earn $hells as well (for GM and Social Media Director duties) :)

We're still working on adding and updating a few more options. If anyone is ever wondering if they can earn $hells for anything, all you have to do is click on the 'earn $hells' link in my sig and look at the drop-down list under 'How you helped S.N.A.I.L."

That reminds me.. Doing P&R and updating the driver list are both ways to earn $hells now. 👍

There are also a couple of new ways for @CoachMK21 to earn $hells as well (for GM and Social Media Director duties) :)

We're still working on adding and updating a few more options. If anyone is ever wondering if they can earn $hells for anything, all you have to do is click on the 'earn $hells' link in my sig and look at the drop-down list under 'How you helped S.N.A.I.L."

That is very much appreciated. Now I just have to remember to collect those $hells.

This is the week in between monthly seasons and that means that I have to evaluate every driver in every division along with any new drivers that are coming in at this time. I have already started the task and I am hoping to have all promotion and relegation for existing drivers and all new drivers placed and messages sent tomorrow morning (morning pacific time).
Thanks for all your hard work you put in to keep this league running smoothly. This was my first month and hands down the best online racing I've experienced. Your efforts are not in vein.

Hi I'm new and would like to join!

@RedLine73

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Race of Champions
September Season
October 3, 2014

9:30 pm ET

If you are listed below, you have been selected to participate in the September S.N.A.I.L. Race of Champions. Please reply to this post with your intentions to race as soon as possible - this includes the alternates as well.

There is at least 1 automatic qualifier who has an Incident Report filed against them. Once the stewards have reviewed the incidents in question, the list below may be adjusted.

Format:

3 x 20 minute races
Race 1-
Starting position determined by division in reverse order (D8, D7, D6, etc).
Race 2 & 3- Reverse grid

15 drivers + 1 host (TBD)

Division 1
1- @LLOYDZELITE69 (265)
2- @martin20az (245)
alt4- @Matt Sierras (238) -> Taking place of @Falango

Division 2
3- @XR_RACER_11 (242)
4- @Rednose58 (237)
alt5- @ConnorWolf (235.1) -> Taking place of @LLOYDZELITE69

Division 3
5- @Falango (249.1)
6- @turnupdaheat (240.1)
alt6- @nmcp1 (234) -> Taking place of @Jayc2k

Division 4
7- @FloptaStr8 (243) - tentatively accepted
8- @fzappa (239)
alt7- @SGETI (226)

Division 5
9- @kadrek (266.1)
10- @Wardenclyffe (222)
alt8- @reigninblood (221) -> Taking place of @nmcp1

Division 6
11- @euclid58 (230.2)
alt3- @ExoSphere64 (220) -> Taking place of @Rednose58
alt11- @Rockhound18 (215)

Division 7
12- @Jayc2k (253)
alt2- @BayouSimDrifter (237) -> Taking place of @martin20az
alt10- @singlepaddy (230)

Division 8
13- @jamilla (260)
alt1- @McTrucker (247) -> Taking place of @Wardenclyffe
alt9- @QEDXY (240)

Confirmed drivers will be in bold
Scratched drivers will be crossed out

Driver Selection Process:
1- (10) Top 2 in divisions 1-5
2- (03) Winner in divisions 6-8
3- (02) Two At-Large Bids (AL) - Highest season point total of a non-automatic driver (can not be from same division)

Alternate ranking determined by:
1- First non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month
2- Second non-automatic or at-large place finishers in order of points scored for the month

COMBO Selection
For the first time in Race of Champions history, there will not be a vote for combos. Each of the combos were raced twice in the month of September.

1- Spoon S2000 '00 at Autumn Ring (2 weeks)
--- 326HP / PP 490 / RH tires

2- Chevrolet Camaro SS Touring Car '10 at Indianapolis Road Course (2 weeks)
--- 604HP / PP 602 / RH tires

3- Volkswagen GTI Roadster VGT '14 @ Nurburgring GP/F (2 weeks)
--- 578HP / PP 616 / SS tires

I will continue to update this post. Bookmark it to find it easily.

If I "Like" your post, I have recorded your decision.
It doesn't seem right that @GTP_Vertigo wasn't selected to compete in this. He was leading D5 until he was moved to D4 mid-month.

Promotion and relegation is complete for this month. The driver's list has been updated. All drivers should make sure to take a look at the new list. If there are any mistakes, such as name changes or other clerical errors, please let me know and I will get it fixed asap. Drivers were moved to level the numbers in each division and it was done just like last month, strictly by the numbers. @CoachMK21 can go ahead and update the team SNAIL page @Dragonwhisky can go ahead and archive what needs to be archived.

NOTE: For some reason, the driver's list is no longer at the top of the page. It's a few posts down on the page now.

It doesn't seem right that @GTP_Vertigo wasn't selected to compete in this. He was leading D5 until he was moved to D4 mid-month.

He was moved to D4 because he was outperforming his time trial by a great deal. New drivers can't win prizes until they go through a full round of promotion and relegation and the ROC should probably be the same way. It's not my race so it's not my place to make their rules but that one would make sense to me.

1v1: IMMORTALPILOT vs LLOYDZ_ELITE69 sometime this weekend :) view my profile if we have a time later when we do it, or if we get around to doing it anytime soon :) thanks @Oshawa-Joe

Darn it. Immortal is still around??? He is my most favorite sim racer! I have watched his replays and man this guy drives all the corners perfectly right at the car limit. This will be epic race! Where can we watch? Is the lobby open to public to watch? I would bet the winning margin is in the 0.001 foe sureeeee :D

@JLBowler
How come my name doesn't show on the last update of the drivers list? I don't remember quitting snail!!!

This post by you states otherwise:

Hi everyone,
Due to the fact that I'm placed in the wrong division and without any prespective to see that little detail fixed by management, I decided to step back from the Sunday event until I feel I'm placed with the correct crowd.
So from now, I'll dedicate my snail time exclusively to the drivetrain challenge (DTC) hoping to see some more of you guys giving it a try.

You've been moved to the inactive driver list.

I guess I was clear enough that from the moment "I feel I'm placed with the correct crowd" I would be back in the track.
Besides that, how many people you have on that list that don't show up to race for several months?
So, until you read from me "I quit snail" my name has to be on that list, correct?
Thanks Coach.

Last edited:
I guess I was clear enough that from the moment "I feel I'm placed with the correct crowd" I would be back in the track.
Besides that, how many people you have on that list that don't show up to race for several months?
So, until you read from me "I quit snail" my name has to be on that list, OK?
Thanks Coach.

Pardon my interruption, I think the polices/managers/admins interpret "I'll dedicate my snail time exclusively to the drivetrain challenge (DTC)" as if you currently ONLY want to race in DTC and nothing else and hence put you in the inactive list. I think they would put you back as active for SPEC racing when you have clarified it now.

I also see that many of the guys who never showed up for a month or more are still being in the part time drivers list in my division.

Back