◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,898 comments
proxy.php
The SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series has just wrapped up our 4th season with @JoeW taking the Individual Drivers Championship. Congrats once again JoeW on a well deserved championship!

As part of our preparation for Season 5, our Active Driver list currently stands at 25 which allows room for 2 new drivers on a first come first serve basis. If anyone is interested in joining the Wed Night Race Car Series, please head over to the SNAIL RCS Thread and follow the COMPLETE application procedure instructions.

Thanks to @brntguy for the video

We are currently in the voting process for Season 5 which will feature one of the following Race Cars

proxy.php

If you have questions about the SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series, please let me know

Thanks

Last edited:
The SNAIL Wed Night Race Car Series has just wrapped up our 4th season with @JoeW taking the Individual Drivers Championship. Congrats once again JoeW on a well deserved championship!

Congrats Joe!! Takes alot with the talent that races in this series!! @brntguy your videos are the icing on the cake in this as good as it gets racing series.. Grim just when I think it has peeked out and no more organization could possibly go any further or get better.... you go do something else with the series... and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!! lol (Dumb&Dumber is on) Other S.N.A.I.L leagues def. should follow your lead if they want to be successful!! My hats off to ya!! Cheers!! :cheers:

Monza should be 5 laps. When you consider the first lap is going to be well north of 2 minutes and you have the average lap time already at 2 minutes, six laps is going to be over 12 minutes.
I'm d7 and I'm below 2 minutes was practicing with @vsfit and he is just over 2 minutes and getting faster as he gets more confidence so i disagree! lol

Hi. A friend recommended i join, so here i am officially requesting a sign up

@Engmatic1

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

@STEAMER62

Here's your official S.N.A.I.L. Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by 23:59 EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. Send a PSN friend request to the Race Director or Primary Host from your assigned SNAIL Division. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below. Now if you've actually read this, post a :dunce: in this thread.

6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.
If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

Done and done! Looking forward to....:nervous::cheers:

Using a median time target 10-12 minute, with the priority being going closer to 12 rather than less than 10, for our races, 660 seconds are divided by a lap time, in seconds, to get race laps.

This raises another question. In my first full race with the "fast Datsun" at Monza I won the race with a total race time of 9:57 with a best lap time of 1:57 and change. Later in the night and with more practice I, and others, improved and were running 1:56s. I appreciate I am in D2 but in this earlier post:

I'm d7 and I'm below 2 minutes was practicing with @vsfit and he is just over 2 minutes and getting faster as he gets more confidence so i disagree! lol

we can see that the average lap is likely to be less than 2 minutes. Using the above algorithm does that mean the number of laps at Monza should be 6 rather than 5?

Last edited:
What if snail was on saturday nights instead of sunday nights?...this way if a room takes all night..most of us wont have to go to work the next morning all tired :eek:

Many of us have plans or go out on Saturday nights; dates, parties, out of town, etc. If the rooms operate efficiently and on time, Sunday nights tend to finish by 11:45pm. I know myself, I would miss at least 2-3 events per season if it were Saturdays.

For all those folks with questions about how we figure out race laps and qualifying session times, it all hinges on getting a decently accurate median lap time to base calculations on. Ideally, since we're using the middle of the time period target, which is no less than 10 minute and nor more than 12, we need accurate time values from one of the middle divisions. At present, that would be Divisions 4 & 5. When Rednose gets lap times from higher or lower division drivers he has to guesstimately compensate to hit that middle division time.

Also of note, if a sacrifice must be made to stay as close as possible to the 10-12 minute range, the sacrifice is made so that we don't go under ten.

For all those folks with questions about how we figure out race laps and qualifying session times, it all hinges on getting a decently accurate median lap time to base calculations on. Ideally, since we're using the middle of the time period target, which is no less than 10 minute and nor more than 12, we need accurate time values from one of the middle divisions. At present, that would be Divisions 4 & 5. When Rednose gets lap times from higher or lower division drivers he has to guesstimately compensate to hit that middle division time.

Also of note, if a sacrifice must be made to stay as close as possible to the 10-12 minute range, the sacrifice is made so that we don't go under ten.
i'm not questioning i'm implying that the race laps should not be set in stone until after Thursday practice

D3 here. Ran 8 laps at Monza and my best was 1:59.9. Might as well call it 2:00. Based on some of the times being thrown around I'm either in the wrong division or I'm the only one that stays on the track in practice and practices online.

D3 here. Ran 8 laps at Monza and my best was 1:59.9. Might as well call it 2:00. Based on some of the times being thrown around I'm either in the wrong division or I'm the only one that stays on the track in practice and practices online.

Apparently we're not keeping you busy! No practice for @JLBowler! :D

i'm not questioning i'm implying that the race laps should not be set in stone until after Thursday practice
The whole point is to get them set in stone, so practice can simulate Sunday racing. It's why we run the deadlines the way we do.

lol go with the later bowler i'm consistantly 1:59.5 and yes I only practice online was in with @faciar today aLmk and Volcoman3 yesterday

Back