◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,799 comments

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 15, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. A7XMaverick ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 96 (102.91 for Prize C) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  6. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
  9. Decambre95 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 97 (92.43 for prize purposes only)
  2. WestRoadZ --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GTP_Compton3 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. gmraces ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. RipTheJackerrr ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ATinyPanda -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3
  1. ConnorWolf -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 91 (104.77 for Prize B) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. drb1269247 -------- did not submit a vote
Division 4
  1. kickenit4evr ------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (73.37 for prize purposes only)
  2. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5
  1. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 81.1 (85.33 for prize purposes only)
  2. whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 6
  1. aLmk_69 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 93 (108.92 for Prize A) SEE NOTE BELOW
  2. lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. Tangled_Up -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. SALTIRE_RCN_03 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
  10. oharagbr19 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 7
  1. syntorz ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (76.82 for prize purposes only)
  2. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Oog_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 8
  1. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 90 (78.61 for prize purposes only)
  2. Helkresh ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  8. cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Shelby GT350R '65 (Sports: Medium) at Twin Ring Motegi East Course (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @aLmk wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @aLmk has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 6 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D6 drivers from Sunday night start thinking about combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post it when the prize winners are declared to be official. Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @aLmk is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 (Sports: Soft) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @ConnorWolf gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @ConnorWolf has already won Prize B this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he would be locked into the Prize C "freeze" if the prize winners are confirmed. If this happens, @A7XMaverick would be the Prize B winner.

Prize C goes to @A7XMaverick so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Last edited:
Here is a Time Attack from 2009 at Atlantic Motorsports Park near Halifax.....

Starts with a warmup lap, then 3 fliers, then a cool down.....didn't have the Go-pro then...and the car was new to me...

Last edited:
I'm waiting to place my order, should be around December for spring/summer delivery.

Still keeping my fingers crossed for Individual options, it shall be Techno Violet

x6K3z9e.png

My future M2...when used, will be painted Green for the envy I am feeling right now.....

Last edited:
I too love the E30 M3....the first owner of my e46 traded the e46 for the e30 M3 (he was my race instructor).....then the prices went up for the e30...now he is laughing however, it is very high-strung and lower "miles-of-smiles" than the e46....

But still E30 M3 is the one...with the 2.5 L stroker motor NA

I wonder how the review of the racing at Mount Panorama is going? Is there a chance it might be thrown in the mix for possible track choice this week, or will the winners wait till after the scheduled maintenance to see what might be available?
Hmmmm....:confused:

I wonder how the review of the racing at Mount Panorama is going? Is there a chance it might be thrown in the mix for possible track choice this week, or will the winners wait till after the scheduled maintenance to see what might be available?
Hmmmm....:confused:

It will not be this week. As I said earlier, once the track is reviewed, it would be made available the following week for selection. I am in the process of reviewing this week so the earliest it could be made available would be for next week.

results2-jpg.253922
Here are the unofficial results from our league night on March 15, 2015

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1

• AcidTestKids ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dgafaboutany1420 -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • msgt-sd ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • beatin_the_odds --- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • MM-leadfoot ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • SLC_VR6_V-Dub ----- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Decambre95 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2

• WestRoadZ --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GTP_Compton3 ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • gmraces ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • GTP_Falango ------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • RipTheJackerrr ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ATinyPanda -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • turnupdaheat ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 3

• nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Xrad-11 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • pakicote ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • FloptaStr8 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • CAPECOD104 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • drb1269247 -------- did not submit a vote
Division 4

• AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • GOTDIRT410sp ------ voted to eliminate Round 1
    • USERID_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • dragonwhisky ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • jlbowler ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • JJLopez_427 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5

• whatbadgerseat ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • chatva ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2
    • nobbymcnobberson -- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • CoachMK21 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TomMang_68 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • pkenuelo ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • WIDEeyedDRIVER ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TEX-36 ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 6

• lobbanmike -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Die_Birdy_Die ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • Tangled_Up -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • singlepaddy ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • ExoSphere64 ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • RacingChamp30 ----- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • SALTIRE_RCN_03 ---- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • oharagbr19 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 7

• Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • DesertPenguin09 --- voted to eliminate Round 1
    • McTrucker000 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • blueninjacivic ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • Oog_42 ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 8

• Helkresh ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • DCschWinn --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
    • sinna123sinna123 -- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • pubason ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • D1_driver_83 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
    • BustedFoSho ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
    • cmbeal317 --------- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - Shelby GT350R '65 (Sports: Medium) at Twin Ring Motegi East Course (7 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @aLmk wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @aLmk has already won Prize A this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he loses Prize A due to incident reviews, any driver who competed in Division 6 on Sunday night will have the opportunity to suggest an entirely new car and track combo. I recommend that all D6 drivers from Sunday night start thinking about combos they would like to suggest. That way, you will be ready to post it when the prize winners are declared to be official. Also, please be sure to only suggest one combo. Any driver who suggests more than one combo will automatically be ineligible to suggest any combos at all. Please don't let that happen to you. Only suggest ONE combo (but not until @aLmk is confirmed as the Prize A winner).

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package '12 (Sports: Soft) at Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s (8 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @ConnorWolf gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.
PLEASE NOTE: Since @ConnorWolf has already won Prize B this season, he is ineligible to win it again until next season. This means that unless he would be locked into the Prize C "freeze" if the prize winners are confirmed. If this happens, @A7XMaverick would be the Prize B winner.

Prize C goes to @A7XMaverick so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated,so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more importantis that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, no car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
Dealership Cars - The maximum price for a selected car is now $1,000,000
DLC Cars - Only DLC cars that are FREE and currently still available in the PlayStation Store can be selected.

Track Selection Guidelines
Any non-DLC track can be selected as long as a single lap with the car combo'd with it would not take more than five minutes to complete. For example, don't select anything that includes the Nurburgring's Nordschleife.

Dragonwhisky is not feeling himself right now so without further ado and without fancy formatting and the like:

The prize winners as announced are free to make their selections. @aLmk is a repeat winner so anyone who raced in D6 needs to make ONE suggestion in the main thread for a prize A selection. This must be done before 9PM ET on Tuesday. almk will choose from those selections.

@ConnorWolf has already won Prize B so he is locked into prize C and must choose which part of the combo to freeze.

@A7XMaverick has prize B and must wait for the freeze to be chosen before replacing half of the combo.

Dragonwhisky is not feeling himself right now so without further ado and without fancy formatting and the like:

The prize winners as announced are free to make their selections. @aLmk is a repeat winner so anyone who raced in D6 needs to make ONE suggestion in the main thread for a prize A selection. This must be done before 9PM ET on Tuesday. almk will choose from those selections.

@ConnorWolf has already won Prize B so he is locked into prize C and must choose which part of the combo to freeze.

@A7XMaverick has prize B and must wait for the freeze to be chosen before replacing half of the combo.
But ain't the freeze the regular prize B? I don't see how he is locked into prize C...

@JLBowler

Car pick is Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88. Dealership specs is 422PP/229HP. After oil change, it goes too 429PP/240HP. Cost is 45,000 credits.
Track pick is High Speed Ring.

Edit: With the Tire specs to be SH tires according to dealership PP for the car, i was running lap times of 1:23's and 1:22's using a DS3 controller on High Speed Ring during testing. My time was 1:23.528 for my first lap and 1:22.563 for my 3rd lap.

Last edited:
Here is a Time Attack from 2009 at Atlantic Motorsports Park near Halifax.....

Starts with a warmup lap, then 3 fliers, then a cool down.....didn't have the Go-pro then...and the car was new to me...

Oh ya baby, the "Rollercoaster at Shubie" aka AMP ! Raced there a few times over the years (motorcycles). One of my favorite tracks ever, just glad I never crashed there!

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK DAY ALL , Just wanted all to have a safe and happy day to all .I am not the best picture taker so sorry for my bad attempts but here we go D8 in full force .
Only posted 5, . hope It is not to much Thanks guys great racing last night . D8 IS GREAT HA HA .
View attachment 331775 View attachment 331776 View attachment 331777 View attachment 331779 View attachment 331783

Great to see some action from D8 @pubason . Hey I see the usual suspects hehe. keep it up.
ps. Your angles are great i am not an expert on exposure so i will leave that for more competent critics , such as @TomMang_68 :bowdown:, but I would say start experimenting with the shutter speed. I usually set mine between 98 and 200. but maybe I am doing it all wrong and would welcome better settings.

Last edited:
I came across this clip and was wondering what you guys think. It's a compilation of the top ten DTM overtakes and since we have recently been discussing overtaking and the right approach. So here you go. Hopefully this will start a lively debate that I can read when i get home later and let's keep it light but informative. would be nice to see what members vote as their favourite.

my favourite is number 2. Number 1 for me was just too rough and had too much body contact plus a cut across a corner. yes it wasn't much but if we are going by principles of racing with regulations then it had to be max 3rd for me or arguably lower.

@JLBowler

Car pick is Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88. Dealership specs is 422PP/229HP. After oil change, it goes too 429PP/240HP. Cost is 45,000 credits.
Track pick is High Speed Ring.

Edit: With the Tire specs to be SH tires according to dealership PP for the car, i was running lap times of 1:23's and 1:22's using a DS3 controller on High Speed Ring during testing. My time was 1:23.528 for my first lap and 1:22.563 for my 3rd lap.
Replace "thread" with "combo":
3bSJD.gif

I came across this clip and was wondering what you guys think. It's a compilation of the top ten DTM overtakes and since we have recently been discussing overtaking and the right approach. So here you go. Hopefully this will start a lively debate that I can read when i get home later and let's keep it light but informative. would be nice to see what members vote as their favourite.

my favourite is number 2. Number 1 for me was just too rough and had too much body contact plus a cut across a corner. yes it wasn't much but if we are going by principles of racing with regulations then it had to be max 3rd for me or arguably lower.

Number 7 great pass by black car. all managed the first part of this battle well. the 2 car battle after the black car cleared was poor bully bs.

number 6 pretty standard multi turn passing attack. nothing brilliant about it.

number 5 pit bully bs.

number 4 was a brilliant assault on a defensive line.

NUmber 3 this looks good and all and the idiot announcers think it's great but it was just using the outside car for a rail.

Number 2 was almost an off that got saved and turned into a nice outside pass. Accidentally brilliant. A fine example of the inside car giving some room on exit.

Number 1 yellow car outbullied by the black. Pitiful.

is anybody aware that kansas city has one of the largest St. Patricks' day parade in the u.s.? going on right now, and of course, i'm not there!!!

and a suburb of k.c. claims the shortest st.pats day parade, some 66 feet.

Back