◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,946 comments

did you mean to post pictures?

I have fond memories of Grand Valley Reverse.

it was quite a fun combo. Quite a few podiums on that one. I want to try:
Ascari Full Track

Red Bull Ring

Willow Springs

... maybe ?

i1wCEdV2fWpqt.jpg

or Stowe??
i1fI2OR0jlTWLz.jpg

Last edited:
D2 Party Night

Reverse Grid - @Dark_ZR1 leads the field at Laguna Seca
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_6 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@socalnatv leads turn 1 followed by @Wolfsatz, @pakicote @Jonesman59
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_4 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Combo 2 R1 - @pakicote with an impressive Pole - Chased by @Dark_ZR1
Nürburgring GP_F_2 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Nürburgring GP_F by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Reverse Grid - Combo 3
Mount Fuji
Fuji Speedway GT_6 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@Whitey093 One Handed Driving
Fuji Speedway GT_3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Start of the Night @socalnatv gets Pole and Wolfie attacks
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_2 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Miss Elise has a nice bootie.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@turnupdaheat signature colours at the corkscrew
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Reverse grid - @WSK96 puts the pressure on Wolf. Getting a bit loose.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_5 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Note to self. Add another 10 feet of asphalt.
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_9 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

The Corkscrew
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca_7 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Combo 2 R1 - @pakicote leads the field
Nürburgring GP_F_1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@WSK96 under pressure from @MSgtGunny
Nürburgring GP_F_3 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@Dark_ZR1 at Schumaher
Nürburgring GP_F_4 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Breaking Hard before the chicane. @WSK96 and @MSgtGunny
Nürburgring GP_F_5 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@socalnatv on the background with @turnupdaheat in the foreground
Nürburgring GP_F_6 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@turnupdaheat followed by @WSK96 and @socalnatv at Schumaher
Nürburgring GP_F_7 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

2 wide at the chicane .. everyone behaves nicely
Nürburgring GP_F_8 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

@socalnatv tailgating @WSK96
Nürburgring GP_F_9 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Tricky last turn at Fuji
Fuji Speedway GT_1 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Beautifully executed pass on the inside from @Jonesman59 ??? on the last corrner
Fuji Speedway GT_2 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

These 3 had quite the battle for a few laps. @turnupdaheat chasing @MSgtGunny and @Dark_ZR1 awaiting to pounce
Fuji Speedway GT_4 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Not giving an inch and fighting for position. But also not the fastest way around
Fuji Speedway GT_5 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

3 laps working to set up a pass and finally @pakicote is able to pass @socalnatv with draft help
Fuji Speedway GT_7 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

... but @socalnatv fights hard ...
Fuji Speedway GT_8 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

... 4 tires on rumble strip ...

Fuji Speedway GT_10 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

... but @pakicote gets way to loose to recover
Fuji Speedway GT_9 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

... giving the win to @socalnatv
Fuji Speedway GT_11 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

A few seconds back one handed @Whitey093 survices the alate attack from @MSgtGunny
Fuji Speedway GT_12 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

upload_2016-3-10_1-23-40-png.523998

Just a reminder tomorrow GT1 will be holding an open practice and we will be using these.
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A(FD) '02 400hp

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 400hp

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) ’04 400hp

BMW 135i Coupe '07 400hp

Nissan Silvia Spec-R AREO (S15) '02 415hp

Honda S2000 '06 420hp

Acura NSX ’91 420hp

At 1260Kg for D4- D6 and 1300Kg for D1-D3 If you would like to try out tuning please don't hesitate to join us.

Hey guys I though that I would share a couple of photos one of which that resembles most of you in 30 or so years, one represents our favorite food, and the last my favorite car and driver.

This is moi after flying to St. Pete on last Thursday, attending the St. Pete GP (Indy Car and PWC) for three days and then flying home on Monday. That's a Woodchuck Hard Cider.
SP16 PWC Home  again.JPG

Of course I thought about you guys not because of the awesome SNAIL racing but BECAUSE OF BACON.
My friend DAVE got us Cadillac VIP tix for the weekend which included Breakfast and lunch....

IMG_1619.JPG

Needless to say I also thought about you because of this.....Brian HAS ARRIVED.
IMG_1691.JPG

Ok. Let's see... Stay on the track.

Next please!
Yes, that's all well and good, but when in bumper view sometimes you think you are clear and you might not be. Every car is a little different in bumper view. The thing to do is let off the gas, assuming you hit the grass. But if you do that every time you're not sure, you may be giving up positions you don't need to give up.

If everyone is okay with that (and they should be because this is all just for fun), then we can use Ascari. But there will always be people who will assume they were clear, and there-in lies all the IRs. The person behind will see the dirt and almost always file an IR.

There are two sides from here on out. You can either 1) just let it go and continue racing. It's not like they gained a substantial advantage. They have to brake immediately for Turn 1 so any few mph faster they have going into T1 will be negated under braking anyway. OR 2) everybody has to be 100% away of the regulations. I fear newer members and those that aren't familiar with the "letting off" section of the OLR will have the most trouble remembering to let off. There will always be some. Hopefully in time we can get everybody educated and minimize the amount of IRs on Ascari, making it a viable track for racing.

Does any of the above make sense or am I doing stream of consciousness?

Yes, that's all well and good, but when in bumper view sometimes you think you are clear and you might not be. Every car is a little different in bumper view. The thing to do is let off the gas, assuming you hit the grass. But if you do that every time you're not sure, you may be giving up positions you don't need to give up.

If everyone is okay with that (and they should be because this is all just for fun), then we can use Ascari. But there will always be people who will assume they were clear, and there-in lies all the IRs. The person behind will see the dirt and almost always file an IR.

There are two sides from here on out. You can either 1) just let it go and continue racing. It's not like they gained a substantial advantage. They have to brake immediately for Turn 1 so any few mph faster they have going into T1 will be negated under braking anyway. OR 2) everybody has to be 100% away of the regulations. I fear newer members and those that aren't familiar with the "letting off" section of the OLR will have the most trouble remembering to let off. There will always be some. Hopefully in time we can get everybody educated and minimize the amount of IRs on Ascari, making it a viable track for racing.

Does any of the above make sense or am I doing stream of consciousness?

the thing is ,you can gain one whole hell of a lot of time if you short those chicanes compared to the ones who race within the boundaries. then half the people that see drivers shorting feel thats the only way for them to keep up (if hes doing it then im going to ) next thing you know we have 85 90 % short cutting like last time.
dont get me wrong i really do like the track but.....

I'm talking about if you barely get one wheel on the dirt, then you don't gain a huge advantage. Of course if you completely cut the chicanes you will gain time. But that's an obvious move that anyone can see as illegal.

I'm talking about if you barely get one wheel on the dirt, then you don't gain a huge advantage. Of course if you completely cut the chicanes you will gain time. But that's an obvious move that anyone can see as illegal.
rules need to be black and white. what your asking for is a big grey area where how do you determine what is barely a gain vs what is a significant gain

I'll admit it's a grey area but it's not impossible to be kept in check. It's just something that the stewards would have to look at for every driver, each lap. Sure, it's an extra step but to separate a full off from just a single wheel (and by inches at that) is a huge difference. One is a blatant disregard for rules while the other is a minor slip-up from someone trying their best to follow the rules.

I'll admit it's a grey area but it's not impossible to be kept in check. It's just something that the stewards would have to look at for every driver, each lap. Sure, it's an extra step but to separate a full off from just a single wheel (and by inches at that) is a huge difference. One is a blatant disregard for rules while the other is a minor slip-up from someone trying their best to follow the rules.

To put everything you've said in your last three or four posts into a nutshell.

1. Stay on the track. I feel like I just read that somewhere. @Lessen
2. If you don't know where your car is in bumper view, quit using bumper view.
3. No grey area. Off is off. I'll repeat it again. Stay on the track.

To put everything you've said in your last three or four posts into a nutshell.

1. Stay on the track. I feel like I just read that somewhere. @Lessen
2. If you don't know where your car is in bumper view, quit using bumper view.
3. No grey area. Off is off. I'll repeat it again. Stay on the track.
Thank you. Everyone needs to do this. Can we go to Ascari now?

Thank you. Everyone needs to do this. Can we go to Ascari now?

First off. Thank you for not taking my post personally. It really was directed at everyone.

Secondly. What everyone needs to do and should do is not exactly the same thing that they will do on race night. Pick the track and prove me wrong but be aware that the stewards will check all races just as we did last time. Some drivers lost more points in that combo than they scored in that combo so be careful what you wish for.

Again, this is directed at everyone as a general statement.

I got 8 IRs last time at Ascari, most were for touching 1-2" of dirt at the chicanes, (one was for the tire overhanging the pavement less than 1" even though it didn't puff smoke!) one was for a wiggle where I didn't even come within a foot of the white line (replay discrepancy probably, didn't worry too much about fighting it due to the workload for the stewards), and one was from when I turned in too early for a sweeper and went over the white line xD

Little mistakes are really punishing at Ascari in terms of boundaries when you're used to pushing them, but I really enjoy the racing.

Back