◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
Trial by fire, it's the only way.
It's not about the racing it's about the work load. Staying on track at Ascari is extremely hard especially since for that track in specific turns the rules are different then any other track we race at.

Also hay look we got another volunteer to steward when Ascari is used!

Edit: did you get your wheel fixed?

Last edited:
It's not about the racing it's about the work load. Staying on track at Ascari is extremely hard especially since for that track in specific turns the rules are different then any other track we race at.

Also hay look we got another volunteer to steward when Ascari is used!

Edit: did you get your wheel fixed?

Different yes .. more lenient actually. Could go with the standard white line boundary.

For most situations you' re allowed over the line when there is a rumble strip in a turn. If you look closely, those are not rumbles they are paved run off areas. Where there are no rumbles the rules for most tracks holds the white line as the boundary.

For most situations you' re allowed over the line when there is a rumble strip in a turn. If you look closely, those are not rumbles they are paved run off areas. Where there are no rumbles the rules for most tracks holds the white line as the boundary.
AH. yeah just took a real close look at the pics.

We all know those are meant to be strips though, right? Just a different type of strip, it just doesn't rumble but meant to serve the same purpose.

@Die_Birdy_Die Nope, I think it's broken. I'm basically retired GT6 until I get a new wheel. Hopefully I can afford to next paycheck and just be poor for two weeks. Also, I should be getting my tax refund soon and that will help a lot.

We have a winner in explaining the boundaries at Ascari.

The boundaries are what they are. It's the driver's responsibility to learn them and stay within them. It's not like we're telling anyone to go race it and then after the race is over, telling them where the boundaries are. Everyone knows ahead of time so the only reason it would be hard to stay in bounds is if the driver just wants to push to the absolute edge of the rules. When a driver pushes to the edge of the rules, there is more of a chance of going over that edge.

We all know those are meant to be strips though, right? Just a different type of strip, it just doesn't rumble but meant to serve the same purpose.
Snail classifies them as run off their for they are run offs. So avoid Ascari or stay in the white line. Either way I may just avoid ascari could probally win the night (aslong as coach isn't racing:))

If it were meant to be a rumble it would be a rumble the same as what is on the rest of the track. If you look at the 80s version of monza those chicanes are roughly just as tight , they didn't pave that.

@Nail-27 Saw this last weekend, not as cool as Bryan's car but reminded me of you.

Lid7YHDl.jpg

a954fvfl.jpg
Hey Da Wol..if how are ya. It matters not what it is...but cars just float my boat.The owner must have been in or supported the Flying Tigers.. Probably a long nose Foxtrot four....the E model because of the tiger teeth, I think the 47 is the squadron, the flying tiger is their symbol and the yellow checker board is their tail flash .I'll google 'em. Bet his significant other hates dropping their kid off for school in it when her mommy mobile is down for parts.

upload_2016-3-10_1-23-40-png.523998

Just a reminder Tonight GT1 will be holding an open practice and we will be using these.
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A(FD) '02 400hp

Mazda RX-8 Type S '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z33) '07 400hp

Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08 400hp

Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) ’04 400hp

BMW 135i Coupe '07 400hp

Nissan Silvia Spec-R AREO (S15) '02 415hp

Honda S2000 '06 420hp

Acura NSX ’91 420hp

At 1260Kg for D4- D6 and 1300Kg for D1-D3 If you would like to try out tuning please don't hesitate to join us.

Rough lap times are 1:48's around R246 and our fastest driver is a 1:45 best lap

GOT THE THE NEW G29 WHEEL MOUNTED....AIN'T IT PURRDY???

image.jpeg

Impressions....This is a much nicer wheel than my old DFGT, as it should be for the price I paid. The wheel itself pretty much looks the same as my old one, save for a few extra buttons and its leather wrapped as opposed to vinyl. It's also much quieter because of helical cut gears where as the DFGT had straight cut gears.
The pedals are a major upgrade over the old. Nice polished metal as opposed to plastic..
They definitely feel more realistic. Also has a clutch pedal witch of course I can't use at the moment.
Overall For now I'm very satisfied with the build quality, but time will tell.

I did race it for the first time last Sunday and had mixed results. The Elise combo I did terrible at but ive never been good with MR cars and I find Laguna Seca a tough track for me. The other two combos I managed to salvage some decent finishes.
The wheel and brakes feel much more precise... So I'm hoping with more time and practice I can get up to speed and be competitive.

Actually haven't claimed a shell for 1 of them :) I just want more people to come out. We have a grand time in GT1 and want more people. We had 8 full time racers last season.
Plus this is the last one... well maybe 1 more before room open at 8:30 EDT.
I started my online play with a tuning league and it was a ton of fun. The problem is I put a ton of time into that I don't have at the moment. I would like to next season.

GOT THE THE NEW G29 WHEEL MOUNTED....AIN'T IT PURRDY???

View attachment 526805

Impressions....This is a much nicer wheel than my old DFGT, as it should be for the price I paid. The wheel itself pretty much looks the same as my old one, save for a few extra buttons and its leather wrapped as opposed to vinyl. It's also much quieter because of helical cut gears where as the DFGT had straight cut gears.
The pedals are a major upgrade over the old. Nice polished metal as opposed to plastic..
They definitely feel more realistic. Also has a clutch pedal witch of course I can't use at the moment.
Overall For now I'm very satisfied with the build quality, but time will tell.

I did race it for the first time last Sunday and had mixed results. The Elise combo I did terrible at but ive never been good with MR cars and I find Laguna Seca a tough track for me. The other two combos I managed to salvage some decent finishes.
The wheel and brakes feel much more precise... So I'm hoping with more time and practice I can get up to speed and be competitive.
Don't forget to adjust the sensitivities to get the feel you are looking for.

@CoachMK21

It seems you have an aversion to the BMW brand. Is that an aesthetic thing or simply the "image" generally associated with BMW drivers given by "haters"? I know a guy who drives a 3-series as a DD and I think does track days with it. I can ask him his thoughts if you'd like. Also, he's not a deuche...

Also, take this for what it's worth, but the BMW brand has been by far the most successful brand in the short SNAIL WRC history. New or old, they always seem to be quite popular and stick around for several weeks.

Last edited:
Back