◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,840 comments
PAPA MANGO'S REPORT

HEy hey hey every one all right? Well it has been quite a while since I posted Papa Mango's report or highlights so here is something to wet your appetite SNAILiens.

I chose the FGT combo as they was a very interesting combo which grew on me by the end of the night and on hind sight it is sad to go even though I voted it off lol.
It brought a new and challenging dynamic to the race. It was all about conserving your tires . In race 1 of round 3 I did just that but ended up being swamped by T1 and dropped to the back but managed to drive consistently to finish 3rd by the end of the race. In race 2 I tried doing the same but found myself caught up in a racing incident and new the race would be much more difficult than race 1 as i had scrubbed my tires so earl and it showed in the race when I spun out in lap 5 i think and from then on it no longer felt lie driving on ice but ice with an oil spill. This time the music is from the British genre called Garage and some cinematic music . i tried to make it as short as possible but with all the excitement on track it is slightly longer than usual so thank you for giving me your attention for the next Hope you enjoy as always .
minutes or so lol
So welcome to all new drivers, welcome to the best league on gtplanet hands down and a smack down if you disagree:mad::mad:

SO WITH NO FURTHER DUES DRUM ROLL PLEASE BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....
[PS PARENTAL GUIDANCE ADVISED IF YOU DO NOT LET YOU KIDS LISTEN TO RAP]

Wow! That video is incredible, how the music builds as the race unfolds. Well done! :bowdown:

PAPA MANGO'S REPORT

HEy hey hey every one all right? Well it has been quite a while since I posted Papa Mango's report or highlights so here is something to wet your appetite SNAILiens.

I chose the FGT combo as they was a very interesting combo which grew on me by the end of the night and on hind sight it is sad to go even though I voted it off lol.
It brought a new and challenging dynamic to the race. It was all about conserving your tires . In race 1 of round 3 I did just that but ended up being swamped by T1 and dropped to the back but managed to drive consistently to finish 3rd by the end of the race. In race 2 I tried doing the same but found myself caught up in a racing incident and new the race would be much more difficult than race 1 as i had scrubbed my tires so earl and it showed in the race when I spun out in lap 5 i think and from then on it no longer felt lie driving on ice but ice with an oil spill. This time the music is from the British genre called Garage and some cinematic music . i tried to make it as short as possible but with all the excitement on track it is slightly longer than usual so thank you for giving me your attention for the next Hope you enjoy as always .
minutes or so lol
So welcome to all new drivers, welcome to the best league on gtplanet hands down and a smack down if you disagree:mad::mad:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:!@Engmatic1,I love the way you told this story! It made me wish I was there to race it with you guys.I agree with @JamCar0ne,you built up the story with the music,and included everyone in the highlights,I especially like the way you did the "split mirror"with @JamCar0ne when he drifted around the corner!That looked very intense,and I was biting my nails watching to see how tire management was going to play into the last 2 laps,,,,,then I seen you,,,,,,2 laps left and you spunn it in the last turn,,,,you are driving like @Raw10_2u now.HAHAHAHAHA,move up through the field,drop to the back,then to the middle,then the front ,,,then wreck!BEAUTIFUL STUFF MATE!:cheers:

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:!@Engmatic1,I love the way you told this story! It made me wish I was there to race it with you guys.I agree with @JamCar0ne,you built up the story with the music,and included everyone in the highlights,I especially like the way you did the "split mirror"with @JamCar0ne when he drifted around the corner!That looked very intense,and I was biting my nails watching to see how tire management was going to play into the last 2 laps,,,,,then I seen you,,,,,,2 laps left and you spunn it in the last turn,,,,you are driving like @Raw10_2u now.HAHAHAHAHA,move up through the field,drop to the back,then to the middle,then the front ,,,then wreck!BEAUTIFUL STUFF MATE!:cheers:
HAHA Thanks mate. Yes seems like I always catch the 10_2U jinx whene ever you don't race lol. Iam glad the video made you wish you were there, which was the whole idea hehehe. It was tough for controller guys and i understand them not wanting to race but it was hell o' fun.
I am saving for capture device for clearer vids but you know how it is. baby mangoes and mama mango come first when it comes to allocating my funds lol. see you on track soon buddy

PAPA MANGO'S REPORT

minutes or so lol

Brilliant job, Papa. One of your best.

Today @ Red Bull Ring..

Slow marshall work there. Double waved yellows should have been deployed immediately, dude was sitting in the racing line...
Apparently they are all OK, although Mr. High Flyer was sent to the hospital for observation.

Had a great time racing with everyone tonight. Sorry if I held up anyone in the races, I'm rusty and just learned apricot and willow this week. Really looking forward to this series!

You don't have to apologize when racing with others Samhain (unless you take someone out or drive "dirty")... Practice is with everyone from d1-d5. We are all responsible for trying to drive clean and without crashing into others. Although in practice you do tend to see a few more incidents (after all we practice to get better to improve and to be able to make less mistakes come race day). The point I'm trying to make here is don't worry about how fast you are just have fun enjoy the competition and know that everyone has the same interests at heart which is to race clean and try to avoid incidents with other drivers. :) FYI

whats up guys, as the video above says Gamestop is best place to pre order he's rite! Here's link for preorder

http://m.gamestop.com/product/ps4/games/gran-turismo-sport-limited-edition/130947

image.png

oh btw they ate still having deals on trading in PS3 and get 100$ towards ps4. I've seen them sell used ps4 for as low as 239$!

The drivers list has been updated and is ready to go for this week's racing. All new and returning drivers that submitted a time trial have been notified of their division placement.

The steward summary may or may not be ready to go sometime tomorrow morning.

Wheel vs. controller

With the ds3, you get full turning angle at slow speeds, and reduced (reduced way too much) turning angle at high speeds.This is the reason why the ds3 can’t keep up on high speed track (fast/big radius turns) like ovals.

|||Trick I don't know whether to thank you or get pissed at you for bringing this up! I asked in our practice lobby tonight if there's any other ds3 users and trick mentioned there were a few, but there's some turns in the game where you're at a disadvantage due to limited steering lock on the ds3. I was like what?? I've been playing since GT3 and that's the first time I've heard that. So I went digging through gtplanet to see if there was more info about this and sure enough it led me back to this thread, a few hundred pages ago. It all makes sense now. I've been watching replays of the quicker guys looking to see where I'm losing time, and watching people take the fast long right hander on apricot for example had me confused. How are they taking it at 108mph while feathering the gas, as I'm taking it on the same line and having to completely lift and take it at 98-100mph? Now I know why!

|||Trick I don't know whether to thank you or get pissed at you for bringing this up! I asked in our practice lobby tonight if there's any other ds3 users and trick mentioned there were a few, but there's some turns in the game where you're at a disadvantage due to limited steering lock on the ds3. I was like what?? I've been playing since GT3 and that's the first time I've heard that. So I went digging through gtplanet to see if there was more info about this and sure enough it led me back to this thread, a few hundred pages ago. It all makes sense now. I've been watching replays of the quicker guys looking to see where I'm losing time, and watching people take the fast long right hander on apricot for example had me confused. How are they taking it at 108mph while feathering the gas, as I'm taking it on the same line and having to completely lift and take it at 98-100mph? Now I know why!

The single easiest way to find more time on a DS3 is to turn your steering sensitivity all the way up. I think it goes to 7.

Yes, the limited steering restriction on wide radius fast turns is a big issue for ds3 users and you will find it is particularly apparent on high grip, powerful race cars. I have come across this many times but last month we had a prime example of the isue when we ran the BMW M3 GT2 at Monza No Chicanes and those using a wheel could power through turn 1 (Curva Grande) without any hint of a lift while I had to brake and drop a gear. I had to warn guys of my pace through there as the speed differential was massive and it did catch out cars following me. The following week the LFA replaced the M3 and the playing field was level again as everyone had to lift considerably for the same turn.

It is within PD's grasp to fix the issue. Anyone remember when the SRT Tomahawk was launched and you could win it at a Seasonal on the High Speed Ring? There was uproar when it was found that the car simply wouldn't turn with the ds3 and, lo and behold, PD came up with a fix to increase the steering angle.

Anyway, you are going to have to accept the fact that there will be certain combos where you simply won't be able to match the pace of those using a wheel. The majority of SNAILs use a wheel so it is understandable that when a wheel using prize winner is choosing a combo they wouldn't be aware of the problem.

On the other hand, there are time when the quick steering of the controller can be an advantage and it is sometimes possible to catch certain slides which would be more of a struggle with a wheel. Last night we had an example when I caught a slide driving the WSR and one of my fellow racers shouted "Damn controllers"! He wasn't complaining a while later when he powered past me at that fast right hander at Apricot Hill you mentioned. :lol:

The single easiest way to find more time on a DS3 is to turn your steering sensitivity all the way up. I think it goes to 7.

Unfortunately, increasing steering sensitivity won't fix the steering restriction.

Last edited:
On the other hand, there are time when the quick steering of the controller can be an advantage and it is sometimes possible to catch certain slides which would be more of a struggle with a wheel. Last night we had an example when I caught a slide driving the WSR and one of my fellow racers shouted "Damn controllers"! He wasn't complaining a while later when he powered past me at that fast right hander at Apricot Hill you mentioned. :lol:

"Certain slides" . . . you were practically perpendicular to the road! :lol: 👍 👍 :cheers:

Unfortunately, increasing steering sensitivity won't fix the steering restriction.

Oh, I agree. It does help a bit though. I used to run mine at 0 until I was talking to another member and he suggested I turn it all they way up. I instantly got significantly faster at every combo. Of course there's a learning curve, but it helps alot although it still won't get one on par with wheels, especially high speed stuff. That stupid loop at Cape Ring is another good example.

I disagree with this statement. Steering sensitivity affects how fast the wheels turn for the first half of stick travel. A good way to see this in action (and compare sensitivity settings) is to choose an open wheel car and go on track. Switch to chase view and then rear view so you are viewing the front of the car. Move steering side to side to see how sensitivity affects movement. Sensitivity has no effect on turning range only how quickly the steering initially turns. My personal preference is -1.

I disagree with this statement. Steering sensitivity affects how fast the wheels turn for the first half of stick travel. A good way to see this in action (and compare sensitivity settings) is to choose an open wheel car and go on track. Switch to chase view and then rear view so you are viewing the front of the car. Move steering side to side to see how sensitivity affects movement. Sensitivity has no effect on turning range only how quickly the steering initially turns. My personal preference is -1.
I use -1 also. Makes turning a lot smoother.

Your opinion is valid. :) I distinctly remember the Corvette at Cape North quite some time ago. I was frustrated by my lack of speed through the loop and reached out to a faster DS3 user who suggested trying that adjustment. It helped me become faster through that loop because I could hold speed a bit tighter as well as scrubbing more speed quicker off throttle to set up for the exit. It made me a lot faster in many circumstances, but not all. I was still horribly slow in the Red Devil at Motegi.

Back