◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,670 comments
I’m sure these have already been answered/discussed somewhere but I’m a little late to the party.

1.) Headsets? I’m not hearing any conversation in lobbies. Is it me or the game?

2.) Changing cars in the lobby? I couldn’t find a way to switch cars without going all the way out of the lobby.

Top left corner is where you can change your vehicle.

Last night while playing cat and mouse, we discovered some glitches and solutions I figured I'd share as they may prove useful.

Car stuck on grid. This occurred because the stuck driver could not see another driver. Even when both drivers left and came back, the problem remained. Same result when the stuck driver only left. It wasn't until the driver who could not be seen was the only one who left and returned that the problem was resolved.

Occationally, the host would experience traction control settings which he had not chosen prior to race. I experienced this too during practice, where my TCS was on and flashing even though I had set it to off and room was set for it to be off.

Dealership tires vs. chosen tires. Regardless of which tires you had chosen for the car, it would revert back to the dealership tires when race was started. The solution was to 'enter the track'. Simply entering the event but remaining in the lobby is where the problem occurred. One had to actually enter the track (where you are in your car in the pit), then you could exit back to the lobby and the tires would remain correct. I don't recall if the host had the room set for a specific tire or if he left it open, but figured this is something worth noting. Especially for the host who sometimes remains in pits to coordinate the room.

I am curious if both the traction control and tire issue (and any other weirdness) can be eliminated using the same solution. When I hosted pracice, I didn't bother entering the track since I was too busy typing instructions in the chat box. Which brings up an idea. Perhaps each division can have a dedicated typist to type messages to randoms who pop into the room.

No more time trials for this week. I just saw two pop in as I am trying to build divisions. Those two are OK but anything after this message will be ignored until next week.

I was aware I would miss the deadline, I will run my time tomorrow morning and follow directions to line up for next season.

One more two day track event next weekend, and then the final Autocross to run the following weekend. Then I will be in off-season mode.

--- as for the Tire change noted two to three posts above, I saw an interesting comment in a lobby. If you stay in the pits and do not come out during that 90 or so seconds before the race begins, the commenter said that you would be stuck with a different tire compound. This was with the Atenza in the circle track, and I believe he claimed it came out as 1-2 compounds harder than otherwise.

I haven't tried or verified. Commenter did sound like he knew his stuff, but... who knows.

--- Any hints on making $$$ reasonably quickly in game? I have been awarded most of my cars by running the 3 online races or so each day, but I am relatively poor in game funds. I have only run the 3 races in the first category thus far.

Last edited:
I was aware I would miss the deadline, I will run my time tomorrow morning and follow directions to line up for next season.

One more two day track event next weekend, and then the final Autocross to run the following weekend. Then I will be in off-season mode.

--- as for the Tire change noted two to three posts above, I saw an interesting comment in a lobby. If you stay in the pits and do not come out during that 90 or so seconds before the race begins, the commenter said that you would be stuck with a different tire compound. This was with the Atenza in the circle track, and I believe he claimed it came out as 1-2 compounds harder than otherwise.

I haven't tried or verified. Commenter did sound like he knew his stuff, but... who knows.

--- Any hints on making $$$ reasonably quickly in game? I have been awarded most of my cars by running the 3 online races or so each day, but I am relatively poor in game funds. I have only run the 3 races in the first category thus far.
The Circuit Experience Section payout is pretty generous

Hey BoD....
regarding settings... and for everyone else that for that matter. I could not get in to the 1st race combo.. all because I change the wheels; and somehow it affected the HP output by lowering to 99.

Someone say to change it back to 100 and then I was able to get in.

Welcome back @IceWarden

We will run with BOP "ON" and that should take care of it all. The HP and weights will be different from stock, but that's the only way to keep it tight on the weight reduction glitch.

Latest Lobby Settings are in my signature below.

I noticed that divisions are setup for 9 max. I assume to allow 8 people to join a party chat to communicate
So if only 3-4 show up might be lack luster evening ... I'm guessing this is for season 1 and will be adjusted accordingly for future seasons .. not everyone uses the chat , it totally does help though.

Not sure if I should post this here or elsewhere so I decided to go with asking for forgiveness instead of permission. I'm curious about any other racers using the ds4 having success with easing into the throttle. I have serious issues with the sensitivity of the throttle. Can anyone help me sort this, is there a setting I can adjust? I do plan to get a wheel, just don't have a timeline for that yet.

Not sure if I should post this here or elsewhere so I decided to go with asking for forgiveness instead of permission. I'm curious about any other racers using the ds4 having success with easing into the throttle. I have serious issues with the sensitivity of the throttle. Can anyone help me sort this, is there a setting I can adjust? I do plan to get a wheel, just don't have a timeline for that yet.

I’m not sure what your button setup is but I think using the triggers (R2 and L2) for gas and brake gives you the most control.

Hey Peeps...

I plan on running all 3 races for practice tonight trying to replicate the Sunday settings.. if there is enough interest; the goal is to have Snail only in the room... but sometimes is hard to do since a few of you (yes you know who you are) prefer to do the practice secret rooms.

Like to show interest. I'll plan on opening room around 20:30 EST and hopefully 1st race by 21:00.

I cycle through the races very quickly so come prepared. I'll have Party Room also open to make comms easier.. My old bluetooth keyboard has not been connecting to the PS4 for some reason.

BTW... I did 15 laps for the TT.. and I thought that I did fairly good... however I placed on D5 ... WT*&^%$# ... Ok.. should be fun. Mr. Tex has been setting some quick times on most of my driver experience... so I guess I have a lot of rust to take off. GT Sport punishes a lot harder than GT6; it pays to be smooth and consistent.. not necessarily my best traits.

I’ve bought the game and downloaded it to take my shot at the livery... probably what I’ll be doing most of the TIME on GTSport anyway lol
Time, oh yes, you will spend some time on liveries. An hour can pass in a flash, but the payoff when you race review the replay is nice. Enjoy.

@Wolfsatz
I'll be in tonight for some practice around the 8:30pm est start time.

Last edited:
Until we get a better procedure to upload replays, here is the proposal for the official replay uploader:
1. Save every Race
2. Go to your replay library and press the triangle button while hovering over your selected replay
3. Select "Share"
4. Check "Open to All"
5. Fill in the info as per the attachment, where Search Tag#1
20171029d2r1r2 represents the date (2017 Oct 29) the Division (d2) the Round (r1) and the Race (r1)
Title: SNAILRACING.ORG D2R1R2

upload_2017-10-28_17-9-24.png

If you have time during race night, you could do the share step as you save the replay, but you will have to be quick and accurate.

Never delete replays where you have been the official replay uploader...​

Until we get a better procedure to upload replays, here is the proposal for the official replay uploader:
1. Save every Race
2. Go to your replay library and press the triangle button while hovering over your selected replay
3. Select "Share"
4. Check "Open to All"
5. Fill in the info as per the attachment, where Search Tag#1
20171029d2r1r2 represents the date (2017 Oct 29) the Division (d2) the Round (r1) and the Race (r1)
Title: SNAILRACING.ORG D2R1R2

View attachment 684776

If you have time during race night, you could do the share step as you save the replay, but you will have to be quick and accurate.

Never delete replays where you have been the official replay uploader...​
Can you think of a way to make the tag a little more simple

Since the Ferrari only comes in red and Toyota in white, there'e a good chance many will paint theirs a different color and may not understand the paint chip weirdness (I didn't). After customizing your car in the livery editor and you go to save it, the save screen gives you the option to "customize color chip". By default, it is set to "keep as is" which will not change it. So you could paint the car blue, the chip will still be red. So you need to create a custom color chip for the car to represent the new color/design. The customize color chip has three types: single-color, two-color & three-color. The first color is the main color of the paint chip while the second and third colors are shown in the upper right hand corner of the paint chip to signify additional colors. Save and apply to car so chip will stay with car.

I noticed that divisions are setup for 9 max. I assume to allow 8 people to join a party chat to communicate

Divisions are set to the number they are set at to allow for growth without creating new division during the season. We will not expand to 6 divisions during the first season. Those of you that were around for the migration to GT6 should understand why. I couldn't care less if you can talk in the lobby or not. In fact, all official communication by the host should be done via typing messages as not everyone will have access to any party chat that may be opened. For those of us that don't want to hear what is going on in someone's house, this is a good thing.

Anyone who submits a time trial this week will be placed for next week. After that, the normal full time, part time, inactive status will take effect.

So no racing tonight right? It’s Sunday?

Yep. That was a mistake on my part. Racing is on Sunday. I'm just used to posting the drivers list on Sunday morning and my fingers typed tonight.

Were still listed under GT6 Clubs & Leagues FYI

Our founder will get on that getting moved as soon as he can. It's not like were busy this week or anything.

Can you think of a way to make the tag a little more simple

That's just as simple as naming the room was in GT6. Date, Division, Round, and Race. Those are required elements in naming a replay so it's easy to find.

A reminder to everyone. Division 1 - 4 will run with traction control off. Division 5 will have the option to turn it on along with the driving line. Any driver who uses those aids is eligible for promotion at any time and will not be able to use them once they are not in our lowest division. Alternatively, if we expand to 6 divisions next month, only D6 will be allowed the use of these features.

Last edited:
Many will probably continue to use their GT-6 colors and numbers. I'll keep the same number but the color(s) will change. Maybe the color coordinator can modify the spreadsheet to include primary and secondary colors. @TomMang_68

Unlike GT6 , in GTSport there are not specific names for colors that I've found other than the specialty colors. If you are keeping your primary number, rim color and body color there is nothing you need to do. If you are a new member or want to record your colors, then do so by following the instructions found by clicking "Color Coordinator" in my signature. Use primary color name and one of 3 categories. Dark , Mid, or Light.

Back