◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
Still not showing up in a search. The tag should be 20171210d3r1r1. Can anyone else search in game and find D3's replays using the search feature?

I like the KISS concept.. that whole idea of the naming convention is just a mess.

you can find them by discover - replays - snailracingorg (that is what RAw added for search 1)

if you agree to make this a lot more simpler..... Search 1 Snail Search 2 Dx search 3 Wk1

it is a lot easier and faster to find things.... beside the activity feed that I jsut reposted from OMG @Raw10_2u but you have to be in the CKC to see it.. :dopey:

without a joke.... if we do not use the Search boxes which are not mandatory... the search feature is a hit or miss. most likely a miss.

I personally been adding 'snail' to everything I search.. then D4 or sometimes the racer for picttures or liveries like Tex36 like the ones I did a few days ago. I was having a hard time finding my own stuff without the search boxes.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have 30 hours on GTS using a controller and would like to start back if that's okay.

@Oshawa-Joe

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I like the KISS concept.. that whole idea of the naming convention is just a mess.

you can find them by discover - replays - snailracingorg (that is what RAw added for search 1)

if you agree to make this a lot more simpler..... Search 1 Snail Search 2 Dx search 3 Wk1

it is a lot easier and faster to find things.... beside the activity feed that I jsut reposted from OMG @Raw10_2u but you have to be in the CKC to see it.. :dopey:

without a joke.... if we do not use the Search boxes which are not mandatory... the search feature is a hit or miss. most likely a miss.

Date, Division, Round, and Race is not difficult. It makes it a whole lot easier on the stewards to get to a specific race when it's time to review as each race is identified uniquely.

It doesn't get much simpler than that for both sides that have to use it. The search boxes may not be mandatory to share a replay in game but they are mandatory to share a replay for SNAIL and keep you division eligible for prizes.

The tags and search, when done correctly, is an absolute success and like I said date, division, round, and race is not difficult or complicated. It takes less than 30 seconds to add it which is a whole lot quicker than the old way of doing things.

That is the end of the portion of this post directed at wolfsatz.

@Raw10_2u could you please go back and retag your replays with the correct SNAIL naming convention.

Still not showing up in a search. The tag should be 20171210d3r1r1. Can anyone else search in game and find D3's replays using the search feature?

Only by searching snailracing.org or searching for specific track and car was I able to find them.

@Raw10_2u in the tag feature is where you need to document the searchable text @JLBowler is looking for (20171210r3r1r1) it looks like you tagged snailracing.org. I made the same mistake a few times myself as you will see if you search snailracing.org under replays

The interesting part is that the SNAIL mandatory convention was done to the T. The new rule should state to use the search boxes. But again.. why makes things simple when we can make them interesting.

The interesting part is that the SNAIL mandatory convention was done to the T. The new rule should state to use the search boxes. But again.. why makes things simple when we can make them interesting.

All replays must be shared in game and be "tagged" under the first tag using the following naming convention: YYYYMMDDdxrxrx To break that down YYYY = year of race, MM = month of race, DD = date of race, dx = division#, rx = round#, rx = race#. An example of this would be 20171203d1r3r2 = 2017 Dec. 3 Division 1, Round 3, Race 1.

No, it wasn't. Those are the instructions in the SNAIL OLR P&G.

Just a few pictures of last night racing for D4.

The one and only @TEX36 Love your Livery!
20171211221043 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Snail Train
20171211221020 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Snail Train II
20171211220835 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Tower.. Permission to Land in Moon Bay Airport.. Emergency Landing
20171211220718 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Lead Pack
20171211220703 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Three 2 Tango
20171211220959 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

And this is the Best Snail Livery @Machinist Case Closed :@::gtpflag::@:
20171211220813 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on December 10, 2017

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 2 - 86 (103.79 for Prize A)
  2. SAMHAIN85 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. QwietStorm03 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. MSgtGunny --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. vovik05 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. FREEREVN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  7. Wardez ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. SnakeEater2017 ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. z06fun ------------ did not submit a vote
Division 2
  1. Locke-y ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 86 (103.79 for Prize B)
  2. Whitey093 --------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Harry_Rowley_10 --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Ice_Warden -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  8. Userid_77a23 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  9. nmcp1 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  10. DesertPenguin09 --- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. Ghost_of_Fury41 --- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 84 (76.04 for prize purposes only)
  2. MajorBlixem ------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. II-NOVA-II -------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  4. Raw10_2u ---------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Grandpas_Money ---- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Engmatic1 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
Division 4
  1. Wolfsatz ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 83 (85.86 for Prize C)
  2. AMAMachinist ------ voted to eliminate Round 2
  3. vsfit ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. soundtiger95 ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. DUB-L-DEE --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. whatbadgerseat --- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. BradESPN ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
Division 5
  1. TBongX ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88.1 (56.97 for prize purposes only)
  2. gulfvet67 --------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  3. TVV0_ ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. o8jedi ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1
  5. Tec1347 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 3 - FERRARI 458 ITALIA GT3 2013 (RH) at Suzuka Circuit - 16:30 Cloudy (5 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Nicktune wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.4 (SS) at Blue Moon Bay Speedway - 08:30 Clear (13 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @xLockex gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Wolfsatz so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select should not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in the draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to select the Amuse Superlegara for your car, post "Amuse Nismo 380 RS Superlagara". If you want to select Monza for a track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". This makes it much easier for the lineup to be updated accurately and also prevents confusing other league members as to which car or track you are selecting. Also, please be sure to list the PP and HP (after oil change) of any car you select.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

So far it looks like you need:
TCP: 3478, 3479, 3480
UDP: 3478, 3479, 3480
For general PSN connectivity

TCP: 1935, 3074
UDP: 1935, 3074
For Gran Turismo Sport connectivity (so far)

I have those and after adding 1935 last night when Vovik was getting stuck, we didn't have any issues.

I have those and after adding 1935 last night when Vovik was getting stuck, we didn't have any issues.

Thank you for listing these! Somewhere (don't recall where), I learned about 1935 being used for GT Sport and added it to my router. But this is the first I've heard of port 3074.

RksVSV0.jpg

:cheers:

For those of us, truthfully in the Wooden Pencil Generation - who have no clue what those numbers mean, or what to do with them (careful, this is a family show).

Please provide some instructions about installing those numbers.

For those of us, truthfully in the Wooden Pencil Generation - who have no clue what those numbers mean, or what to do with them (careful, this is a family show).

These are router settings for your home router. Unfortunately there is no “easy” place to plug the numbers in. You have to go into your router settings to change them which usually entails plugging it into your PC, entering the password and going through several menus to get it to the area you want.

I don’t touch mine but I build my own PCs so go figure. Just never bothered to learn networky stuff.

I am going to base this off the notion that, since you are using the internet, you know how to log into your router. If not, google is your friend.

Port forward! You will want to connect your computer to your router using its IP in your browser. Log in then head to the appropriate tab to get to your port forwarding setting. This process will be different between the makes and models, so again, here google can be a big help. From here you will need to enter the IP address of your PS4, a starting port and an end port. For each if the ports you will need to add a new entry. It should look something like:
Server Name: Playstation 4 Start Port: 1935 End Port: 1935 IP Address:192.168.1.X
X denotes whatever value the router assigned to the PS4. Thus can either be found in the PS4s network setting or by looking at the connected devices log on your router.

BTW. If you have never logged into your router, I highly, highly suggest it. You will definitely want to change the password to get into it. All routers are sent out with defaulted login info. Usually user name: Admin password: password. (This info, along with the default address to connect to it is generally located on the bottom of the router) If you have not changed your password, your network and everything on it is extremely vulnerable.

Edit: has anyone with problems tried moving their ps4 into the DMZ?

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
After 2 years and a lot of life changes (from Brazil to Portugal and now Germany), I've finally established my new home so I want to come back to racing.
Setup is PS4 - PCars 2 with T300RS

How should I proceed from here, I wish to run Sunday night again

Thank you all.

Hello everyone.
After 2 years and a lot of life changes (from Brazil to Portugal and now Germany), I've finally established my new home so I want to come back to racing.

Thank you all.

hello Daniel.. Sunday racing is only in GTS.. I know there is a series on PC2 on Mondays???

How is the Autobahn? ;)

Hello everyone.

Thank you all.

Are you a night owl???? 9:30 EST start is 3:30AM local Germany time??? Still interested in joining for GT Sport?

Hey guys, I'm interested in the Buttkicker for my Obutto rig and would like to ask if anyone has a rig similar to mine with the Gamer 2 connected? How easy is it to set up? Is it worth it? Do you feel the rumble enough to justify it? Thanks in advance.

Hey guys, I'm interested in the Buttkicker for my Obutto rig and would like to ask if anyone has a rig similar to mine with the Gamer 2 connected? How easy is it to set up? Is it worth it? Do you feel the rumble enough to justify it? Thanks in advance.

I've got a home built wooden rig with a seat out of a Mustang (the rig and seat probably weight about 150 lbs). Connecting the Buttkicker to the wooden frame that the seat is bolted to provides plenty of thump. If you're interested, I can take some photos tonight and post them. If you have anything in particular you'd like to see, let me know and I can make sure to get pics of it.

Do you have it set up on left and right channels? Is your rig on hardwood, carpet, tile?

I'll have to check how it's wired. I set it up two years ago and haven't messed with it since. I believe its connected from an additional output on my Logitech surround sound system. The rig is on carpet. I don't use any type of rubber isolators anywhere in the rig.

Thank you for listing these! Somewhere (don't recall where), I learned about 1935 being used for GT Sport and added it to my router. But this is the first I've heard of port 3074.
One day I hope to understand just what the heck you guys are talking abouit,
TCP:,UDP:, Ports, Lol. Here's my technical skills in a nutshell:

Purchase PS, TV and high speed internet
Plug it all in as per instructions
Call wife because the damn thing don't work
Calm down for 5 mins while she sets it up
Turn on and play.
:D

View media item 2540This week's prize winners are clear to make their selections. Good racing!
The IR Submission Form is now closed.
We have 4 incidents on file. Target deadline for reviews is NLT 10PM Eastern on Friday, Dec. 15, 2017.
Banner by @GamingPete

@Nicktune @xLockex @Wolfsatz will all be included in a conversation with instructions and deadlines in the next few minutes.

Back