◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I'll host practice later

We were wondering where you were last week!

We are still right on the cusp of needing 2 practice lobbies open on Thursdays. Last week I hosted and we only needed 1 lobby. 2 weeks before that we were full-full and had 2 lobbies.

I suggest we do this; if you have an "unofficial" practice lobby open, shut it down at 6pst/9est (if you want to run Official Practice) which is when Champ opens his. Then everyone join Champs "official" lobby. The sooner we know what our player pool is for the night, the better.

If we fill up to 16 before the start of Race 1 knowing some late-comers will probably join, myself or someone else will start a new lobby. While I like the idea of splitting lobbies at that point into "D1/D2" and "D3/D4", the problem we faced in the past is there might be 13 D1/D2 drivers looking to practice, and only 6 D3/D4 drivers. 1 big lobby and 1 small lobby isnt really fair. So instead of splitting up by divisions, lets just concentrate on making sure both lobbies are split evenly no matter what division you're in. (actually I just realized D4 is no more, lets use tonight as a tool to recruit!)

As the night goes on and as people start retiring, we can consolidate down to 1 lobby. Communication is key, and what has helped in the past is when you're in a party chat with someone in the other lobby; they can keep you updated on the driver count and if its a good time to consolidate down to 1 lobby based on the numbers.

It may seem like a lot of work to make Thursday Practice go right, but we have to consider some nights more people are on than usual. We want to make sure everyone can enjoy a fun practice night like the rest of us and not feel left out.

I won't be around for the official practice this evening. I do plan on running for an hour prior. So hopefully I can see a few of us snails on and get some laps in before I gotta call it a night.

I missed out on last night as well. Bummed about that. I need to learn as much tonight as possible to hope to be competitive Sunday. I've been getting less practice lately and I'm having a hard time being consistent come Sunday night.

I've been wanting to start an endurance series for a while now, and I think the time has come... would any of you be interested? Here's what I'm thinking (pretty much everything below is negotiable):

- 1.5 hours (with 30 minutes of practice/qualifying beforehand)
- Fuel/Tires: Aiming for whatever would lead to some drivers taking 2 pit stops, some taking 3
- We'd use the "winning" combo from the previous week (i.e. the one that received the fewest votes)
- Damage on full/heavy

Instead of potentially clogging this thread with reply's, simply "like" this post to show interest - if we get enough likes, I'll start a new thread.

I've been wanting to start an endurance series for a while now, and I think the time has come... would any of you be interested? Here's what I'm thinking (pretty much everything below is negotiable):

- Fuel/Tires: Aiming for whatever would lead to some drivers taking 2 pit stops, some taking 3
- We'd use the "winning" combo from the previous week (i.e. the one that received the fewest votes)
- Damage on full/heavy

Instead of potentially clogging this thread with reply's, simply "like" this post to show interest - if we get enough likes, I'll start a new thread.

If you're looking for ideas, etc, some additional info;

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/◆-s-n-a-i-l-stamina-series-wednesday-night.287315/

Damn that is going back. Remember the SNAIL Race Car Series that GGGMotorsport set up? It's pretty much what PITS is now but back on GT5 and GT6.

Would love to join an endurance series, but for me I would rather it be a totally separate car(s) from the Snail Spec combos. While we are at, I think tuning would build to different strategies. Some may set up their suspensions for tire wear, where others may go for all out speed and performance. Same with messing with transmission gears etc. Anyway, I'm just one person, and it's only my opinion and a suggestion.
Regardless of how it all goes down, I'm in!

If we were to do a endurance would the 24 hour nurb track be open especially at night. If it were possible for time progression that to. I have 0 experience in such long races with people not AI so this would be a fun learning experience.

There are a select few Sundays that we don't hold league races due to holidays but we do have special holiday events. These are usually longer races and would be a good opportunity to see how you do in such an event. The next holiday event date is May 27th for Memorial Day and there is a holiday event thread if you want to bring up some ideas for races so best start thinking of things soon so we can flesh it out to a full event by then.

I’m guessing Sunday’s combos are not yet set. I should also point out that because of my work schedule, I’m unable to be in any weeknight event. Good news is my weekends are mostly free so I should be there.

- Damage on full/heavy

Thanks everyone, looks like we have enough interest to warrant a new thread - it's been created now, so let's move the discussion there.

I’m guessing Sunday’s combos are not yet set. I should also point out that because of my work schedule, I’m unable to be in any weeknight event. Good news is my weekends are mostly free so I should be there.

I completely spaced on announcing Prize A this morning. Thanks for reminding me.

PRIZE A (8 votes)

@JLBowler @SAMHAIN85
My pick for Prize A is:
Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track 2013 (on SM tires) at Tsukuba Circuit (18:00 Clear). Approximate lap times are 1:07.

The other 2 combos are:

HONDA RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT GT 2016 (GT500) on RH Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 18:45 Clear - (6 Laps)

and

CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.3 on RHTires @ Streets of Willow

Bookmark this page, it has the current combos (not updated as of yet)

And like it was mentioned earlier, our official practice nights are Thursdays @ 6pm pst/9pm est where we do a mock run of official league night (if you're ever available)

Last edited:
Sunday, April 22, 2018 Lineup

April 2018 Season - League Night #3

1. HYUNDAI GENESIS COUPE 3.8 TRACK 2013 on SM Tires @ Tsukuba Circuit - 18:00 Clear - (10 Laps)
2. CHEVROLET CORVETTE C7 GR.3 on RH Tires @ Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs - 10:00 Cloudy - (10 Laps)
3. HONDA RAYBRIG NSX CONCEPT GT 2016 (GT500) on RH Tires @ Suzuka Circuit - 18:45 Clear - (6 Laps)

Follow the link in my signature to get the details.

Last edited:
May be a problem with streets or willow springs... if you slightly go off track you get sucked off. That’s not the problem. The problem is you slide forever and then the game will quit scoring your lap....

Yea I found the same last night, even took the time to drive back to where I exited the track to re-enter and still didn't count.

I have read the first post and would like to join

@rprphoto

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add @CoachMK21, @JLBowler, @nmcp1,@zer05ive ,@Rednose58 &, @MajorBlixem as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread. If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

May be a problem with streets or willow springs... if you slightly go off track you get sucked off. That’s not the problem. The problem is you slide forever and then the game will quit scoring your lap....
Yep, that happened to me a few times..

Pretty much. If you go back into track to finish your lap the start finish line won’t score your lap. And your lap time will double.
@JLBowler
Perhaps something we haven’t encountered previously. Would be SIMILAR TIMEWISE to having damage and having to pit to repair. Unintended consequence (the failure of counting the lap) for sure. Maybe we have to deal with it with IR per normal operating procedure.

Last edited:
Obviously I didn't make practice last night, and it's a 50/50 whether I'll make Sunday nights festivities. Now that the weather is finally coming around, I will be very much a part timer. Summer is usually very busy for me.....Explanation below.
C5 Favourite (large).JPG

@JLBowler
Perhaps something we haven’t encountered previously. Would be similar to having damage and having to pit to repair (timewise). Unintended consequence for sure.
It’s not damage. It will just quit scoring you for that lap. So if normal lap time is 1:10 then you go off track and go back to the point you went off at, and finish your lap the start finish line won’t score it so if you make a clean lap after that your lap time (including the time to get back on track) will show 2:33.

@TVV0_ I believe it will have a say in scoring especially if you go off track there will be no point in finishing the race you will be a lap down at that point.

Back