◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
Practice lobby open. ID: 0475-4237-4105-7107-5556
Starting at Alsace - Village II.
Now at Autodromo de Interlagos.
Now at Fuji International Speedway (Short).
Done.

Last edited:
I noticed something while updating the drivers list and driver probation this week.

We currently have 64 active drivers that have raced in the last two seasons.
We currently have 32 active drivers on probation.

I don't ever remember a time when half the drivers were on probation. To top it off, I, and the other stewards have noticed an increased level of aggression pretty much across the board and have seen a lot of incidents that should have been reported that were not so this number could / should be quite a bit higher.

Now, if everyone would clean it up a little bit, respect the space of other drivers on track, and use a little common sense that number could / should be much lower moving forward.
Have you and the Stewards determined a root cause for this behavior? Surely something must be driving the increase you mention above.
I am shamed to admit, that after 11 months of no IR’s I have had 2 filed on me. (1 by a fellow driver and 1 self report). I am also very embarrassed to be on “the bad boy” list.
I take great pride as being recognized as a very clean driver, and feel that the reputation I have worked so hard for over the last 11 months is now tarnished.

057D5B47-AEDB-4A8F-96FB-1AEE13FECFEB.jpeg
Thought I’d try this out.

I noticed something while updating the drivers list and driver probation this week.

I don't ever remember a time when half the drivers were on probation. To top it off, I, and the other stewards have noticed an increased level of aggression pretty much across the board and have seen a lot of incidents that should have been reported that were not so this number could / should be quite a bit higher.

Now, if everyone would clean it up a little bit, respect the space of other drivers on track, and use a little common sense that number could / should be much lower moving forward.
I blame @Ryan Kirk someone needs to teach that guy a lesson!

Let me say it is an awesome to not be on that list anymore. I LIVED on that list for a solid 4-5 months. Poor @Raw10_2u i wrecked him like 4 weeks in a row months ago. Coming from someone who got suspended, clean up cause not racing on Sundays sucks.

I would say this; self policing is the best policy. Too many newcomers seem to have a “win at all cost” mentality and have very little respect for other drivers on the grid. I can think of several that I have encountered both in race and during practice. Back when I joined, it seemed drivers were more respectful of each other and their place on the track. Drivers were patient and it showed.
I for one am so tired of being banged and barged around, both in race and in practice. Sometimes an apology and an on track concession go’s a long way. I know for me it does. But drivers recently seem to think everyone is in “their” way and they think they don’t have to work to get around someone slower. I’ve got news for those guys....think again.
Perhaps this may be one of the root causes????

I’ve often wondered, when the stewards see unreported incidents, why not give the driver a penalty anyway?
Other than the fact that it would take more time for the individual, I think stewards should be able to give penalties on unreported incidents. Stewards, as a committee, could discuss and agree which offenses should be penalized. How many stewards do we have?

Stewards can file IRs after the deadline for things found while reviewing but they don't actively look for things. Actively looking would mean watching every replay of every race from every division and there just isn't enough time for that.

Incidents that occur within a reasonable amount of time from a reported incident can be filed and often are filed by the stewards.

This reminds me of an old saying I heard @Dragonwhisky tell long ago...

“Let’s survive this the corner so we can race to the next”

This reminds me of an old saying I heard @Dragonwhisky tell long ago...

“Let’s survive this the corner so we can race to the next”

I can't speak for anyone else but I've always found it easier to pass someone by beating them on corner exit as opposed to trying to beat them to the same spot (the apex) that they are going for. It only makes sense. The car in front is closer to the apex, why try and beat him to it when you can make a nice easy pass on the next straight by beating the guy coming out of the corner?

This does not apply to situations when you are side by side heading to the corner. Those situations probably mean that you beat the guy coming out of the last corner and now can finish the pass.

I would say this; self policing is the best policy. Too many newcomers seem to have a “win at all cost” mentality and have very little respect for other drivers on the grid. I can think of several that I have encountered both in race and during practice. Back when I joined, it seemed drivers were more respectful of each other and their place on the track. Drivers were patient and it showed.
I for one am so tired of being banged and barged around, both in race and in practice. Sometimes an apology and an on track concession go’s a long way. I know for me it does. But drivers recently seem to think everyone is in “their” way and they think they don’t have to work to get around someone slower. I’ve got news for those guys....think again.
Perhaps this may be one of the root causes????

Exactly, it is supposed to have fun, not bang each other around like drivers are playing in Sport Mode and if others going to join online racing league's then to be respectful on the track , not to bogart if that is the right word, through a turn. To be patient for the pass and if you do not have more than half of your vehicle in front of the other, then that person can wait to pass instead of causing an on track wreck that ends up involving other drivers who had nothing to do with it. Respect is gained on track more to wait to pass rather than rushing to do a pass just to get into first. We have seen in racing league's like Nascar or F1 where if a driver is way too aggressive, they lost respect on the track among other drivers. Yet when a driver is patient to pass no matter how much faster they are to the driver they trying to pass, respect is earned.

Latest Posts

Back