Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

DS4: ACTIVATED

Yeah I'll respond to it tonight

2. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

First i want to thank @JamCar0ne @Nick Cannella @Phlano099 @Bud__Greene @Bologna_Duc @gulfvet67 for your suggestions for Prize A. I tested out each car/track combo and liked them all. In the end i chose the combo suggested by @JamCar0ne.

Car: Mini Cooper 's' '65
    50,000 Credits
    N100
    Snail Regulations puts it on CS tires.
    64HP/1,334lbs

Track is Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II set at 18:40 clear. My best time was 1:11.508 which i uploaded the TT Replay from my best time on that track. Having concentration, slow and steady is the name for this car/track combo. With all the combo's we have run with fast cars and tracks, it was time to pick a car/track combo that perfectly fits the car and track to match. Good Luck All and have fun.

stelephant, Kgffy, N38824r and 9 others like this.
  3. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Prize Update

We have an absentee prize winner this week. This means that @Grandpa Money is locked into prize C and is now on the clock to freeze the car or track. Please do this ASAP for the below reason.

If you raced in D3 this week, you will get to nominate a car or track (depending upon what is frozen). Please watch the thread for the freeze announcement. If @Grandpa Money could tag the same people I tag here when he makes his choice, it would be very helpful.

Please list the full name of the car or track that you are suggesting. If it's a track, make sure to include time of day or you get default time. You only get one suggestion and you are not allowed to edit your post to change your selection. The suggestion period will close at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday. Once that deadline passes, if you raced in any other division on Sunday, you get a vote from those suggestions.

@Bologna_Duc @Lozano1 @Mully465 @TomMang_68 @basswerks1 @o8_jedi @Raw10_2u @Turdburgerlar

Remember, the drivers of D3 are not voting. Use this chance to make a suggestion that you want to use.

N38824r and Nick Cannella like this.
  4. Grandpa Money

Grandpa Money

Prize C : Freeze the track.

5. WildOne1976

WildOne1976

@racingchamp30
    How about toyota sprinter trueno apex at tsukuba any time of day.

N38824r likes this.
  6. Lozano1

Lozano1

@JLBowler @Grandpa Money

Here’s my suggestion for the car

Car: Lancia Stratos
    Year: 1973
    Cost: 600,000 cr
    Group: N200
    Power: 185 HP
    Weight: 2,161 lbs
    Drivetrain: MR
    Tire: Sport Hard

N38824r, gulfvet67 and nmcp1 like this.
  7. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Thanks @Lozano1 for your suggestion. Just tagging the rest of the D3 guys to let them know they are up to suggest a car.

If you raced in D3 this week, you will get to nominate a car or track (depending upon what is frozen). Please watch the thread for the freeze announcement. If @Grandpa Money could tag the same people I tag here when he makes his choice, it would be very helpful.

Please list the full name of the car or track that you are suggesting. If it's a track, make sure to include time of day or you get default time. You only get one suggestion and you are not allowed to edit your post to change your selection. The suggestion period will close at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday. Once that deadline passes, if you raced in any other division on Sunday, you get a vote from those suggestions.

@Bologna_Duc @Mully465 @TomMang_68 @basswerks1 @o8_jedi @Raw10_2u @Turdburgerlar

Raw10_2u and gulfvet67 like this.
  8. Bologna_Duc

Bologna_Duc

@JLBowler prize B nomination

Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro 2003, N200
    239hp, 3351lb
    SH tires
    Cr: 57,800

Kgffy and Phlano099 like this.
  9. Neutty

Neutty

The selection has already been made. A day late my friend.

WildOne1976 and Nick Cannella like this.
  10. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne

This week's time trial finds us at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit driving the Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56.

RA0515.png

Visit the SNAIL Time Trials thread on how to join in on the fun!

11. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Thanks Champ/Jam. My rust bucket ‘65 Mini will be there! I put the money under the hood and chassis.
    88DB18EA-9C2A-4BD9-B629-2BDD675B36DD.jpeg
    View attachment 821257

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Akzl298, Phlano099, JamCar0ne and 4 others like this.
  12. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

This car seems like it is gliding along on a sheet of ice for me. Any tips to improve my time?

13. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

I decided that the newest direct drives have barely enough torque to dislocate an elbow or shoulder joint. So I set out to get some real torque and spec my own arm ripping unit. Looking for a hub adapter for a steering wheel.
    IMG_E2086_.jpg

Phlano099, DesertPenguin and Mully465 like this.
  14. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Resulting in:

[​IMG]

Rob Brown, DesertPenguin and nmcp1 like this.
  15. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Wow. This combo is fresh. Lying under our noses since GTS debut. Thanks for seeing it @JamCar0ne and trying/picking it @racingchamp30

16. Mully465

Mully465

17. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

I can try to help. I would need to see a replay. It's a very stable, high grip car, so I'd have to guess too much brake and steering input at the wrong time, too much speed into corner entry, stuff like that.

Nick Cannella likes this.
  18. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

19. THRASH

THRASH

SNAIL - Super Formula Race 1 starts in 8 minutes @ Suzuka and in about 45 minutes Race will Be Fuji! Had to time to advertise today so if you’re doing nothing come on out tonight.

20. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

@JamCar0ne @WildOne1976 @Raw10_2u @TEX36 @DublDee @thracerviewr @Noob01_ImDead
    This upcoming Sunday is a great opportunity with the Mini to go ABS free and join the revolution. There’s only a few places on Horsethief that require breathing on the brakes. Why not start where you have nothing to lose?

21. JamCar0ne

JamCar0ne

This car does have "some" grip if you drive it right. You have to be super smooth on steering input. Try braking in a straight line to get the car slowed before corner entry. It even helps to down shift to the proper gear during braking (may have to sort of rev match to keep stability). Since it is a RR car, you want to keep the weight as neutral a possible for stability. Brake too hard too late and all the weight will want to be in the front, and since the engine is in the rear, the rear end will try and beat you to the apex when the rear axle is unloaded at turn in, resulting in a slide/spin.

Are you talking about the same car we are?

N38824r, Nick Cannella and Oshawa-Joe like this.
  22. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

Sounds a good idea
    I will practice and check out this racing mode
    I am afraid because i am in the last chance list and dont want to punt anybody.

Can u give some advise on your experience what should we take care of?

23. Oshawa-Joe

Oshawa-Joe

Within its limit it is very stable. What you said is 100 % what I meant. Its faster driven much slower. Trying to make huge corrections into or out of corners slows you down, probably .5 or more each corner.

JamCar0ne likes this.
  24. Noob01_lmdead

Noob01_lmdead

Ouchhhhhh

25. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

If you raced this Sunday you have until 5:00 PM ET on Thursday to vote for one of these cars as prize B. You only get one vote and you must post your vote here. You only get to vote if you raced. I'm not tagging everyone so if you didn't race, don't vote. In the event of a tie, the first vote cast will break the tie.

Do not post a running total of the votes. If you want to know, count it up and keep it to yourself to limit the influence on other voters.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  26. Nick Cannella

Nick Cannella Premium

Thank you @JamCar0ne and @Oshawa-Joe . Will try these suggestions

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    Oshawa-Joe and JamCar0ne like this.
  27. Fudman420

Fudman420

Audi tt coupe 3.2 quattro

28. Neutty

Neutty

Lancia Stratos