◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,791 comments
First i want to thank @JamCar0ne @Nick Cannella @Phlano099 @Bud__Greene @Bologna_Duc @gulfvet67 for your suggestions for Prize A. I tested out each car/track combo and liked them all. In the end i chose the combo suggested by @JamCar0ne.

Car: Mini Cooper 's' '65
50,000 Credits
N100
Snail Regulations puts it on CS tires.
64HP/1,334lbs

Track is Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II set at 18:40 clear. My best time was 1:11.508 which i uploaded the TT Replay from my best time on that track. Having concentration, slow and steady is the name for this car/track combo. With all the combo's we have run with fast cars and tracks, it was time to pick a car/track combo that perfectly fits the car and track to match. Good Luck All and have fun.

Prize Update

We have an absentee prize winner this week. This means that @Grandpa Money is locked into prize C and is now on the clock to freeze the car or track. Please do this ASAP for the below reason.

If you raced in D3 this week, you will get to nominate a car or track (depending upon what is frozen). Please watch the thread for the freeze announcement. If @Grandpa Money could tag the same people I tag here when he makes his choice, it would be very helpful.

Please list the full name of the car or track that you are suggesting. If it's a track, make sure to include time of day or you get default time. You only get one suggestion and you are not allowed to edit your post to change your selection. The suggestion period will close at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday. Once that deadline passes, if you raced in any other division on Sunday, you get a vote from those suggestions.

@Bologna_Duc @Lozano1 @Mully465 @TomMang_68 @basswerks1 @o8_jedi @Raw10_2u @Turdburgerlar

Remember, the drivers of D3 are not voting. Use this chance to make a suggestion that you want to use.

Thanks @Lozano1 for your suggestion. Just tagging the rest of the D3 guys to let them know they are up to suggest a car.

If you raced in D3 this week, you will get to nominate a car or track (depending upon what is frozen). Please watch the thread for the freeze announcement. If @Grandpa Money could tag the same people I tag here when he makes his choice, it would be very helpful.

Please list the full name of the car or track that you are suggesting. If it's a track, make sure to include time of day or you get default time. You only get one suggestion and you are not allowed to edit your post to change your selection. The suggestion period will close at 11:59 PM ET on Wednesday. Once that deadline passes, if you raced in any other division on Sunday, you get a vote from those suggestions.

@Bologna_Duc @Mully465 @TomMang_68 @basswerks1 @o8_jedi @Raw10_2u @Turdburgerlar

This week's time trial finds us at Brands Hatch Indy Circuit driving the Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster '56.

RA0515.png

Visit the SNAIL Time Trials thread on how to join in on the fun!

Thanks Champ/Jam. My rust bucket ‘65 Mini will be there! I put the money under the hood and chassis.
88DB18EA-9C2A-4BD9-B629-2BDD675B36DD.jpeg

View attachment 821257
First i want to thank @JamCar0ne @Nick Cannella @Phlano099 @Bud__Greene @Bologna_Duc @gulfvet67 for your suggestions for Prize A. I tested out each car/track combo and liked them all. In the end i chose the combo suggested by @JamCar0ne.

50,000 Credits
N100
64HP/1,334lbs

Track is Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II set at 18:40 clear. My best time was 1:11.508 which i uploaded the TT Replay from my best time on that track. Having concentration, slow and steady is the name for this car/track combo. With all the combo's we have run with fast cars and tracks, it was time to pick a car/track combo that perfectly fits the car and track to match. Good Luck All and have fun.

Last edited:
There are sooo many cars not yet driven. Why not pick a real “wicked pissa” N100-N300? There are even tracks that go unused that are a hoot! St.Croix variations, horsethief, . . .

Boom! See what I mean? A little ingenuity goes a long way. Spread those wings. You can soar. Be the wind beneath our wings Champ! We already know you da man.

50,000 Credits
N100
64HP/1,334lbs

Wow. This combo is fresh. Lying under our noses since GTS debut. Thanks for seeing it @JamCar0ne and trying/picking it @racingchamp30

This car seems like it is gliding along on a sheet of ice for me. Any tips to improve my time?
I can try to help. I would need to see a replay. It's a very stable, high grip car, so I'd have to guess too much brake and steering input at the wrong time, too much speed into corner entry, stuff like that.

SNAIL - Super Formula Race 1 starts in 8 minutes @ Suzuka and in about 45 minutes Race will Be Fuji! Had to time to advertise today so if you’re doing nothing come on out tonight.

On another note, I am very pleased for getting fast lap honors in the Focus in round 2 race 2. Why? Because I ran my 2nd Sunday without the use of ABS. I am trying to start a ABS-free following. Free yourself from the chains! I won't tell you that it's easy or that it will improve your finishes. However, it does give you the feeling that it's you and only you controlling every iota of the car. Like this post if you would ever consider leaving all the aids behind. I'm wanting to know how many are on a similar wave length.
@JamCar0ne @WildOne1976 @Raw10_2u @TEX36 @DublDee @thracerviewr @Noob01_ImDead
This upcoming Sunday is a great opportunity with the Mini to go ABS free and join the revolution. There’s only a few places on Horsethief that require breathing on the brakes. Why not start where you have nothing to lose?

This car seems like it is gliding along on a sheet of ice for me. Any tips to improve my time?

This car does have "some" grip if you drive it right. You have to be super smooth on steering input. Try braking in a straight line to get the car slowed before corner entry. It even helps to down shift to the proper gear during braking (may have to sort of rev match to keep stability). Since it is a RR car, you want to keep the weight as neutral a possible for stability. Brake too hard too late and all the weight will want to be in the front, and since the engine is in the rear, the rear end will try and beat you to the apex when the rear axle is unloaded at turn in, resulting in a slide/spin.

I can try to help. I would need to see a replay. It's a very stable, high grip car, so I'd have to guess too much brake and steering input at the wrong time, too much speed into corner entry, stuff like that.

Are you talking about the same car we are?

@JamCar0ne @WildOne1976 @Raw10_2u @TEX36 @DublDee @thracerviewr @Noob01_ImDead
This upcoming Sunday is a great opportunity with the Mini to go ABS free and join the revolution. There’s only a few places on Horsethief that require breathing on the brakes. Why not start where you have nothing to lose?

Sounds a good idea
I will practice and check out this racing mode
I am afraid because i am in the last chance list and dont want to punt anybody.

Can u give some advise on your experience what should we take care of?

This car does have "some" grip if you drive it right. You have to be super smooth on steering input. Try braking in a straight line to get the car slowed before corner entry. It even helps to down shift to the proper gear during braking (may have to sort of rev match to keep stability). Since it is a RR car, you want to keep the weight as neutral a possible for stability. Brake too hard too late and all the weight will want to be in the front, and since the engine is in the rear, the rear end will try and beat you to the apex when the rear axle is unloaded at turn in, resulting in a slide/spin.

Within its limit it is very stable. What you said is 100 % what I meant. Its faster driven much slower. Trying to make huge corrections into or out of corners slows you down, probably .5 or more each corner.

If you raced this Sunday you have until 5:00 PM ET on Thursday to vote for one of these cars as prize B. You only get one vote and you must post your vote here. You only get to vote if you raced. I'm not tagging everyone so if you didn't race, don't vote. In the event of a tie, the first vote cast will break the tie.

Do not post a running total of the votes. If you want to know, count it up and keep it to yourself to limit the influence on other voters.

@JLBowler @Grandpa Money

Here’s my suggestion for the car

Car: Lancia Stratos
Year: 1973
Cost: 600,000 cr
Group: N200
Power: 185 HP
Weight: 2,161 lbs
Drivetrain: MR
Tire: Sport Hard

@JLBowler prize B nomination

Audi TT Coupe 3.2 Quattro 2003, N200
239hp, 3351lb
SH tires
Cr: 57,800

Prize B nomination

Toyota S-FR Racing Concept '16
SS 1:35 ish times

@JLBowler @Grandpa Money

Last edited:

Thank you @JamCar0ne and @Oshawa-Joe . Will try these suggestions

Last edited:
Back