◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
I'll throw a couple of numbers out there from the December season. We had 43 drivers race. The number that needs to race to go to four divisions for the next season is 48. There were 10 drivers on the active list that did not race at all in December. If half of them would have raced, we would be going to four divisions for January. On top of that, we have two drivers who are currently in the registration process that have raced with us in the past and represent very high quality racers.

The bottom line is that if you want to see more divisions and the closer skill gaps that come with that, guys have to race to get the numbers up. When guys don't race, they generally stay in the division they are in. Guys that race get evaluated and their potential to get to the correct division is higher than those that don't race.

This really highlights the need for each snail member to recruit. If 40ish people are out there recruiting we are bound to see numbers improve to a point where an increase in divisions is possible

Prize A announcement

Let’s take the
Renault Sport RS01 GT3 ‘16 - MR - 534 hp - 2790 lbs - RH tires
to
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, 14:30

Mid division time ~1:24

@JLBowler @Rednose58
1. Can someone please double check the weight on the car. Did @stelephant make a typo or is my data base incorrect. Data base says 2690 lbs
2. What is the weather description for 14:30? Clear? Fine Weather? Cloudy?

Thanks. (I can't check for myself)

I have read the first post and would like to rejoin, Goodness it has been a while since I have been on here. Finally got out of military training and my sundays are once again free, looking to get back into racing, i've missed it... was last involved late 2018 before I went to Basic Training

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to rejoin, Goodness it has been a while since I have been on here. Finally got out of military training and my sundays are once again free, looking to get back into racing, i've missed it... was last involved late 2018 before I went to Basic Training

@Deal24

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

I would personally like to thank you for your service to our country! @Deal24

Wow!! 2020 is kicking off with a bang!!

Sunday, January 5, 2020 Lineup

January 2020 Season - League Night #1
1. RENAULT SPORT R.S.01 GT3 2016 on RH Tires @ WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 14:30 Clear - (9 Laps)
2. MCLAREN F1 GTR-BMW KOKUSAI KAIHATSU UK RACING 1995 on RH Tires @ Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 17:00 Clear - (7 Laps)
3. FITTIPALDI MOTORS FITTIPALDI EF7 VISION GRAN TURISMO BY PININFARINA on RH Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa+Miyabi - 11:30 Fine Weather - (5 Laps)

Details

I think it’s up to the drivers to close those gaps. Personally, I came here to improve my race craft. Sandbagging the faster drivers would be an injustice across the board in my opinion.
Sorta like when my squash partner played with his non-dominant hand because I was so poor, I felt it was an insult.

Thank you for your service from an Army Vet. May I be the first to welcome you back.

giphy.gif

Races not fun when the competition are not even close
The drivers list has been updated to reflect the removal of those drivers that have not raced for the last two seasons. Promotion and relegation along with new driver placement will be done Saturday night after the deadline for new drivers to submit a time trial.
Hope im changed Saturday

Did a couple of the Manufacturer races today. Got pole and then taken out on the Suzuka hairpin. That race went down hill from there . . .
Got pole a second time in next race. Lead the whole race and had a 4.5 second lead going into the last lap. Then I get PS messages “headset disconnected”, then “headset reconnected“. It didn’t cut out, but I’m still freakin’. Then it says “keyboard disconnected”. I’m thinking, please hold out for 2 more minutes, pretty please. Nope, I get a lag, wake up 1/2 second later going off track. Salvage second place because second place had even larger gap than I had on him. The joy of GTS!
Edit: Entered again, didn’t get good qualifier, finished way down. Looked up the rules:”If players enter more than once in the single round only the points earned in the last race of the day will count towards their online ranking for that round”. SMH

Last edited:
2019 SNAIL Total Points

inspired by @CoachMK21 's 2014 Edition
Click here for last year's post

Like I had mentioned back in July - The top 3 scorers in SNAIL during 2019 would each receive an Amazon card as well as 1 Random winner:

1st
@Nicktune 2,942 points $50 Amazon Card

2nd

@Neutty 2,855 points $25 Amazon Card

3rd

@Timlour 2845.1 points $10 Amazon Card

Random Giveaway Winner:
@Marius789 $10 Amazon Card

Congratulations winners! PM me with your email address and I will ship those cards over asap

Another year in the books! Thanks to all 119 of you who participated this year in SNAIL.

Happy New Year!

2019 SNAIL Total Points

inspired by @CoachMK21 's 2014 Edition
Click here for last year's post

Like I had mentioned back in July - The top 3 scorers in SNAIL during 2019 would each receive an Amazon card as well as 1 Random winner:

1st
@Nicktune 2,942 points $50 Amazon Card

2nd

@Neutty 2,855 points $25 Amazon Card

3rd

@Timlour 2845.1 points $10 Amazon Card

Random Giveaway Winner:
@Marius789 $10 Amazon Card

Congratulations winners! PM me with your email address and I will ship those cards over asap

Another year in the books! Thanks to all 119 of you who participated this year in SNAIL.

Happy New Year!

Congrats winners!
On a personal note, I finished in the top 20 among this awesome group of drivers, and that was with missing a month (November).
I consider that a personal win and a pretty good achievement among this talent.
Granted, all of my time was in the lowest divisions, but still happy with the outcome.

Last edited:
Our regular hosts that signed up for Thursday night practice are:
@man69800 @Nick Cannella @Phlano099 @Timlour

Let's confirm if you are still available for 2020. Let's get more volunteers. I will create a new convo once we have the team signed up. In there will be the guidelines and procedures.

In the mean time, do we have a host for tonight?
I will let you know a little later today. I may have something going on after work today

Let's confirm if you are still available for 2020. Let's get more volunteers. I will create a new convo once we have the team signed up. In there will be the guidelines and procedures.

I can host tonight.

Congrats winners!
On a personal note, I finished in the top 20 among this awesome group of drivers, and that was with missing a month (November).
I consider that a personal win and a pretty good achievement among this talent.
Granted, all of my time was in the lowest divisions, but still happy with the outcome.
Great job, Nick! You worked hard for those points.

I was happy to finish one spot behind you. Top 20 is amazing. With all my life distractions this past year (in a great way), I was just shooting for the best I could do. I enjoy the camaraderie and fun racing.

Looking forward to 2020!

I will be available tonight.

Back