Open ◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Presented by ButtKicker: Feel What You've Been Missing

Discussion in 'SNAIL Racing League' started by zer05ive, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Rednose58

Rednose58

upload_2020-2-15_23-15-49.png
    The Snail Sunday Scoring sheets for Feb 16 have been prepared ad is ready to go

Akzl298 likes this.
  2. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Race day cars ready for tonight...

[​IMG]

Gr8_Lakes, JamCar0ne, Akzl298 and 6 others like this.
  3. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

Prac lobby open

0475-4120-0368-9818-4260

Phlano099 likes this.
  4. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Ready to go tonight!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Phlano099 and TEX36 like this.
  5. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

Hosts. Remember with the warm up sessions. Get all of the duties (replays and score keeping tasks) out of the way before you change the track. Once the track is changed, drivers may enter and the warm up session starts. Remember that the 90 seconds is a firm limit and you must start the race after 90 seconds. If a driver disconnects or leaves during the warm up, you do not wait. Once the 90 seconds is up, you start the race and they are treated as a disconnect during the race.

6. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

D2 lobby up 0475-4119-9884-4558-2404

Phlano099 likes this.
  7. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

D3 Lobby Open
    0475-4119-9978-7437-7796

stelephant and Phlano099 like this.
  8. HyperTwinz

HyperTwinz

I have read the first post and would like to join. I joined a lobby on gt-sport that was promoting SNAIL and I'm hoping to join to improve my racing skills.

9. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

D1 lobby open

0475-4119-9976-7305-1204

stelephant likes this.
  10. nmcp1

nmcp1

@HyperTwinz

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

llNovall likes this.
  11. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

D1 stream

12. JLBowler

JLBowler Premium

All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

stelephant likes this.
  13. IDreamInGT3

IDreamInGT3

I wont be competing in this league any more thanks for the fun.

14. Skills

Skills Premium

D3 scores and votes are recorded.

stelephant, Phlano099 and Rednose58 like this.
  15. Akzl298

Akzl298

16. NASCARNATE91

NASCARNATE91

Replays done

stelephant and Rednose58 like this.
  17. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

Welcome, glad to see you signup...:cheers:

18. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

D2 Texting completed...killed it

19. Akzl298

Akzl298

Like a boss!!

20. Phlano099

Phlano099 Premium

[​IMG]

21. racingchamp30

racingchamp30

D3 Replays Uploaded.

22. Rednose58

Rednose58

upload_2020-2-16_23-13-24.png
    Scores for Feb 16 have been copied to Data

Summary

23. stelephant

stelephant

Sorry to see you go, but thanks for the clean fun racing. Maybe catch you in ARL. Best of luck. Come back any time.

24. PrivateSmiles

PrivateSmiles

I have read the first post and would like to join. I first heard of SNAIL on the Gran Turismo subreddit. Hoping to improve my race craft and develop my driving.​

25. SAMHAIN85

SAMHAIN85

@PrivateSmiles

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
    Thanks for your interest!
    Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
    4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :tup:

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
    Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

26. Rob Brown

Rob Brown

Decided to put another table out for the latest race time target.

16.5 minutes races.jpg

I'm looking forward to changing it again when the longer tracks become allowed!
    16.5 minutes races1.jpg

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  27. CANOWORMS1

CANOWORMS1

You can't go. I feel I was finally starting to keep up to you.

28. CANOWORMS1

CANOWORMS1

I would like to start by apologizing to the following drivers for my part in your loss of positions during last nights racing: stelephant (-2 positions), tab1chevy (-3), skills (-2), Gulfvet (-4) and JLBowler (-3). And a HUGE apology to everybody in the league who is fighting at the top for what I did to TEX36...+8!!! positions in one corner. Who said that starting at the back was a disadvantage? I just filed the IRs on myself. Let me know if I missed any.

And another thing; where does it say in the SNAIL users manual that the STi has a torque diverter? and what am I supposed to do with it? I was trying to change my brake bias and looked down to find I was adjusting said torque thingy. Anyway, I had fun and I thank the occasional front runner for dropping back to play with me every now and then.

29. stelephant

stelephant

As with said brake bias, it is adjustable, but unable to be monitored.

As a spec league, you technically shouldn’t adjust either, but as mentioned, it can’t be checked.

fine print: management doesn’t support or endorse this message- these are my thoughts and should be viewed as such.

as you get more comfortable with SNAIL pack racing, you’ll get the hang of it - as you are plenty quick

30. Neutty

Neutty Premium

Brake bias is now allowed in SNAIL

the “torque thingy” is not allowed.

CANOWORMS1 and gulfvet67 like this.