◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
upload_2020-7-5_22-43-35.png

Scores for July 5 have been copied to Data - Summary

D1 Data for July 5 entered

@JLBowler @JamCar0ne I were only able to upload Round 1 Race 1, Round 1 Race 2 and Round 2 Race 1. Right before Round 2 Race 2 the electricity in the area went completely out and did not come back on till 2 hours later. Whoever in D2 were able to save all the replays need to upload the last 3 races for Round 2 Race 2, Round 3 Race 1 and Round 3 Race 2. I am voting Combo 1 as the race i would like to vote off if i can vote.

I uploaded replays for r2r2, r3r1 and r3r2

D2 Texting completed

To the Snail BOD, Division 3, and all interested persons (living, dead or indifferent) - I am guilty of Not Checking the lobby settings COMPLETELY prior to setting up our D-3 Lobby

Indeed, the “very occasional” Fixed Host setting was carried over to my presets. Consequently R1R1 started with Fixed Host which carried through to R2. Therein caused the entire difficulty for us last night.

Please accept my apology and commitment to fully check the pre-sets prior to opening the lobby in the future.

Here are the unofficial results from our league night on July 5, 2020

Click here for this season's points standings and click a tab at the bottom for more detail.

Click here if the data linked above has already been archived and you would like to view it.

Division 1
  1. Timlour ----------- voted to eliminate Round 2 - 92 (102.70 for Prize A)
  2. Nic-KL ------------ voted to eliminate Round 1 - 88 (98.23 for Prize C)
  3. MikeGrove --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. Duce_LST ---------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Kgffty ------------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  6. Bologna_Duc ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  7. Rednose58 --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  8. no1needs2perish --- voted to eliminate Round 1
Division 2
  1. Phlano_099 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1 - 85 (90.93 for Prize B)
  2. Sand__68 ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. OMG_mang ---------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  4. heated_seats ------ voted to eliminate Round 3
  5. andypereyra01 ----- did not submit a vote
  6. JamCar0ne --------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  7. Fudman420 --------- did not submit a vote
  8. Yugofan ----------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  9. RacingChamp30 ----- did not submit a vote
Division 3
  1. basswerks1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 3 - 74 (Ineligible for Prize)
  2. TEX36 ------------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  3. Akzl298 ----------- voted to eliminate Round 3
  4. Bud__Greene ------- voted to eliminate Round 2
  5. Canoworms1 -------- voted to eliminate Round 1
  6. BPeacock27 -------- did not submit a vote
  7. Skills_19657 ------ did not submit a vote
  8. Drummmer1979 ----- did not submit a vote
  9. McTrucker000 ------ did not submit a vote
  10. LittleFella406er -- did not submit a vote
The round that received the most elimination votes was:
Round 1 - MAZDA ROADSTER TOURING CAR (SH) at WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - 07:30 Clear (9 laps)
Therefore the entire combo has been dropped from next week's line-up. Since @Timlour wins Prize A, he gets to choose an entirely new car and track combo to replace it.

The round that received the second most elimination votes was:
Round 2 - LEXUS PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 2008 (RH) at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya Grand Prix - 10:30 Fine Weather (9 laps)
This means either the car or the track will be replaced for next week's line-up. Since @Phlano099 gets Prize B, he has the option to freeze the car or the track, or he can give that option to the Prize C winner. If he gives the freeze away, then he gets to decide what car or track replaces the part of the combo that is left unfrozen by the Prize C winner.

Prize C goes to @Nicktune so he gets whichever option the Prize B winner does not select.

Preliminary prize winners, please don't announce your prize selection until all incident reports have been filed and it has been confirmed that you don't have any penalties. It's also recommended that you review the SNAIL combo history and other data on our car and track history so that you can get an idea how many times we've raced each car and track. Please remember that originality is always appreciated, so picking cars and/or tracks that we've never raced is a plus (but not required). What's more important is that you thoroughly test any combo that you are considering before making it your official selection. For example, any car you select must not hit its rev limiter at any point during a race (even in a draft).

IMPORTANT: When posting your Prize A or Prize B selection, please list the complete in-game name of the car and/or track you are selecting. For example, if you want to choose the Integra Type R as your car selection, post "Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '98". If you want to select Monza for your track, post "Autodromo Nazionale Monza". Being specific helps us to update the lineup accurately and also helps avoid any confusion among the drivers. Also, please be sure to list the HP and Weight (LBS) of any car you select. For track selections, include the time of day (e.g: 09:00 Clear) or else it will be left to default.

Car Selection Guidelines
See Section 3 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines.

Track Selection Guidelines
See Section 3.1 of the SNAIL OLR, Policies and Guidelines

Sunday, July 12, 2020 Lineup
July 2020 Season - League Night #2
1. NISSAN SILVIA K's DIA SELECTION (S13) 1990 on SH Tires @ Sardegna - Road Track - C II - 13:10 Clear - (13 Laps)
2. LEXUS PETRONAS TOM'S SC430 2008 on RH Tires @ Dragon Trail - Seaside - 10:00 Fine Weather - (10 Laps)
3. PEUGEOT RCZ GR.B RALLY CAR on RH Tires @ Kyoto Driving Park - Yamagiwa II - 15:30 Clear - (9 Laps)

Details

Host for Thursday night practice

We need a volunteer to run the Thursday night practice sessions, please. Here are some guidelines that seems to work well:

Title: www.snailracing.org - Recruiting New Members

Run 3 shortened races (approx 1/3 to 1/2 distance) for each combo.
First races in each combo "fastest first", then reverse grid for the next 2 races
9:00 - 9:30 PM serves as warmup/qually for the first race
Do a 5 minute warmup/qually before each first race of Combos 2 and 3

Ask for someone to help with texting

Party chat room is preferable, but not a requirement

If you can't make it on a specific Thursday, please post in the thread so that someone else can help out for the night.

Much appreciated. (If we get more than one volunteer, then we create a Private Convo and you can organize a schedule of sorts)

Host for Thursday night practice
We need a volunteer to run the Thursday night practice sessions, please.

I'm available to host practice again tonight. I thought my schedule wouldnt allow for it for awhile, but it's mainly Sundays I'll probably be missing for the near future. When I can host practice I'll post the day of. But I'm happy to step aside for a more consistent host that wants to take the reigns.

Some other things to consider as host (I've learned a thing or two by now):

• Stuck drivers. If people are stuck on the grid, find out who it is and have everyone exit to restart. As host set the grid manually and put the stuck driver(s) in the very back of the grid and start the race. This way if they are stuck again they are not impeding other drivers behind them. Tell them before starting that we wont be restarting again, and to reset their modem/ps4 while the race is being run. They should be back in time before the next race. If this happens during a R1 where the grid was set by "fastest first", you'll just have to guesstimate where to slot everyone in based on their qualifier. If drivers get stuck on R2/R3 reverse grids, its simple. Set the drivers based on Driver Ratings. E drivers up front, then D, C, etc.
  • Stick to a rough schedule. The goal is to finish the night by 11:20/30 EST just like on Sundays. Start the races semi promptly, but give newcomers a chance to grab the right car and enter the track before starting the next race. With our abbreviated 3 race format for practice, there should be plenty of wiggle room. I usually give everyone 5+ mins to set a qually lap for R1's, and I start R2 and R3 within a minute or two of completing the previous race. By the time C2R2 ends I'll usually call for a 5 min intermission since were at the half way point. By the time you get to C3R3, if it's only 11:10 EST, think about adding an extra lap or two since it's the last race of the night. Conversely, if it's already 11:30 and you still have yet to run C3R3, shorten the laps by a lap or two.
  • Thursdays are a great recruitment tool. Be friendly and welcoming. All drivers should be setting an example of the clean racing and we offer here at SNAIL.

If the lobby is full refer to this post. I expect the lobby to be full all night, this weeks combos are great

Practice room open
0475- CLOSED - Honey Do request

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I'm going to be running another 2 hour open lapping practice tomorrow from 3:00 - 5:00 pm EST.

40 minutes per combo, open lapping, but I will run a few races if enough people join. Hope to see you all there.

I'm hoping to do this on as many Saturdays as I can, and I know Saturdays tend to be busier for most people. So if afternoon practice isn't working for you, let me know what time of day works better(morning, afternoon, evening) and I will adjust as much as I can to fit as many people as I can.

A little SNAIL Trivia

1. Top 10 most popular cars by number of appearances
upload_2020-7-11_11-0-18.png

2. Top 10 most popular cars by distance driven
upload_2020-7-11_10-52-44.png

3. Top 10 Cars by fastest average speed (some oval tracks in here....) (Not the fastest overall top speed)
upload_2020-7-11_10-57-22.png

4. Top 10 Tracks by number of appearances
upload_2020-7-11_11-2-23.png

5. Which Groups are we driving most (not sorted by total)
upload_2020-7-11_11-6-23.png

6. Our preferred Drive Trains (not sorted by total)
upload_2020-7-11_11-4-33.png

7. Our preferred tires (not sorted by total)
upload_2020-7-11_11-8-4.png

2 Hour Practice lobby is up. I'm away from the PS4 for a few minutes, but will be back. Any problems, let me know.

Room ID: Closed

Stream:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back