◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,797 comments
Had one many moons ago. Decent quality but built more for the man that is built a little on the smaller size.

It'll be 3 years this Black Friday since I upgraded from controller to wheel thanks to @MSgtGunny sharing a link for a deal on the T300RS. I also bought the Playseat Alcantara which is what I still have today. I'll admit it felt a bit cramped at first, but with everything being adjustable on it it's not so bad. I thought the crossbar that sits between your legs that holds the wheel would be pretty uncomfortable but I got used to it. I'm 6'3 and the trickiest part about it is getting in and out.

0616181815.jpg

I actually had an older model playseat that had that bar come up in front of the pedals and over the top. My issue was with the width of the seat. I'm 6'2" and a little over 300 lbs. (can still run a sub 5 second 40 yd. dash) so I'm not exactly out of shape. I'm just not the right shape for a playseat.

It'll be 3 years this Black Friday since I upgraded from controller to wheel thanks to @MSgtGunny sharing a link for a deal on the T300RS. I also bought the Playseat Alcantara which is what I still have today. I'll admit it felt a bit cramped at first, but with everything being adjustable on it it's not so bad. I thought the crossbar that sits between your legs that holds the wheel would be pretty uncomfortable but I got used to it. I'm 6'3 and the trickiest part about it is getting in and out.

View attachment 974452
“trickiest part about it is getting in and out.”
Had a Playseat for many moon. Built a box out of 1x6 to facilitate easy exiting. Definitely worth it!
Buy some flamboyantly friendly fantastic Fanatec gear at 20% off and get your big bad butt back in here!

Last edited:
Snailers,

Another fall request to come back to Sunday Spec part time. I have read the 1st post rules and introduction.

@Harry Rowley

Here's your official SNAIL 4x Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

With the final season of 2020 approaching, don't forget there's $100 worth of Amazon gift cards up for grabs

Winners won't be determined until all outstanding IR's are finalized for the season and after @Akzl298 inputs the final points tally.

1st place: $50 Amazon Gift Card
2nd place: $25 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place: $15 Amazon Gift Card

Finish 4th-13th: Entered into a drawing for (1) $10 Amazon Gift Card

The drawing used for determining the $10 winner for 4th-13th will be based on the fastest lap, of the final combo and final race (C3R2) of 2020, in Division 1.

4th-13th will each be given a number in numeric order based off the thousandths digit.

4th: 1
5th: 2
6th: 3
7th: 4
8th: 5
9th: 6
10th: 7
11th: 8
12th: 9
13th: 0

Let's say the fastest lap of the final week (D1R3R2) is 1:32.075

The 8th place finisher would win the $10 card.

Here's the current standings:

Good luck!

Last edited:
All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

D2 Replays Uploaded.

GT Sport fully works on Playstation 5. Loading time much faster from start up of game to main screen. Load time much faster for loading up lobby and switching to the next combo. Didn't do as well as i thought i would have but the Dualsense feel so much different than the Dualshock 4. I am using the headset i bought for my PS4 and the sound works perfectly just by plugging the headset into the Dualsense's 3.5 MM jack and that button under the PS button is to unmute/mute mic since the controller does have a built in microphone. No fan noise coming from the Playstation 5 at all. It's going to be so much fun when GT7 rolls out next year. Being a PS Plus member all you have to do is upload the GT Sport save data from PS4 to the cloud and then download it from the cloud in the PS5. Save data will load after putting GT Sport into the disc drive.

Last edited:
Back