◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,795 comments
Ok, the Supra and the Amuse lap times have to be confirmed. I made "educated" guesses. One is at the bottom end of the transition time and the other is at the top end. Lemmie know.

Sunday, December 13, 2020 Lineup
December 2020 Season - League Night #3
See update below

Details

Last edited:
Thanks for looking that up. I think back then I was dabbling between ‘bumper’ & ‘hood view’ but when this Sept 2018 car/track combination came up, the only way I could control the yaw was to drive in cockpit view. (Had always been using cockpit view in Project Cars 2). And I’ve been driving in cockpit view in GTS ever since.

Updated Amuse laps

Sunday, December 13, 2020 Lineup
December 2020 Season - League Night #3
1. TOYOTA GR SUPRA RZ 2020 on SS Tires @ Dragon Trail - Gardens II - 16:30 Clear - (9 Laps)
2. AMUSE S2000 GT1 TURBO on RH Tires @ Alsace - Village - 17:15 Fine Weather - (8 Laps)
3. PEUGEOT 908 HDI FAP TEAM PEUGEOT TOTAL 2010 on RM Tires @ Circuit de Sainte-Croix - B - 13:20 Clear - (9 Laps)

Details

Last edited:
upload_2020-12-13_10-43-2.png

The Snail Sunday Scoring Sheets for Dec 13 have been prepared.

All hosts should start tonight's racing at the scheduled time. The only reason to hold the start is to give someone who was already in the lobby their three minutes to return from the time they left, provided they are believed to have been disconnected, or to sort invisible driver issues.

Last edited:
I have read the first post and would like to join, I heard about SNAIL from a friend.

@Neovre

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!
Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, Rednose58, MajorBlixem, SAMHAIN85 & llNovall as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL :cheers:

Last edited:
Watched a little bit of this today. The gloves crack me up :)
You ain't messing around my good sir.
Without the gloves it is really tough to hold on to that rim :lol:.

I tried using it with bare hands at first and it was no good; it would get away from me & was uncomfortable. Those grips aren’t very ergonomic. I actually get calluses on my hands & fingers through the gloves. My podium wheel has been a truly great tool and a pleasure to use, until some very recent issues last week. I got it in Jan, finished my setup in May, but today I opened up a support ticket for “internal cracking noises” & external cracks in the plastic of the formula rim itself.

C4613D8C-E16C-4446-9AF3-3666BBE64EFF.jpeg
I have been meaning to post a big FIA season update for everyone in the thread. When I look back on my sim racing journey, it is always clear that joining SNAIL & meeting you guys was the moment things changed.

2020 has been a special year in sim racing for me. It began with me getting back to my snail roots, racing every Thursday & every weekend again. That great start has kept me in-form, confident and faster than ever all year long. I will make another post with more details, links & images (with spoilers) soon.

Last edited:
Back