◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,792 comments
I'm not in front of my PS3 to test, so apologies in advance if this is off-base, but did you test to see if the 'vette hits its rev limit in top gear there? That's a common problem we've had with the older cars on faster tracks.

That's up to the winner.

Sure, it's a common complaint, but that usually arose out of D1.

In this case, and I would hope in most of them...

Winner picks it = We run it.

(Trainwreckage 'what were you thinking!! A Samba Bus on Eiger Reverse!???' allowed).

How many seconds were you running at the limiter when you ran it, DrKronin?

That's up to the winner.

Sure, it's a common complaint, but that usually arose out of D1.

In this case, and I would hope in most of them...

Winner picks it = We run it.

(Trainwreckage 'what were you thinking!! A Samba Bus on Eiger Reverse!???' allowed).

How many seconds were you running at the limiter when you ran it, DrKronin?

I didn't run it. I just asked if the possibility of hitting the rev limit had been considered, in case that wasn't what he intended. If it doesn't hit the limiter, great. 👍 If it does, and that's what he intends, so be it.

Last edited:
The '69 Corvette has a longer transmission than most of those old girls, and Suzuka isn't exactly a high speed course, but I haven't run it, either, so I can't say.

I'm not exactly looking forward to another Suzuka run, though.

I'm all for the occasional custom track on Sunday. There are some really good ones out there. It's true that you would have to share them from the divisional accounts, though. Since that's something that you're solely in charge of, zer0, it's all yours.

I don't think the difference between not knowing the course and never running a combo before qualifying is all that extreme. Either way it's ten minutes of figuring out what in hades you're doing.

The '69 Corvette has a longer transmission than most of those old girls, and Suzuka isn't exactly a high speed course, but I haven't run it, either, so I can't say.

I'm not exactly looking forward to another Suzuka run, though.

I love Suzuka, but it's an acquired taste (acquired, in my case, during the 1000 laps I ran on it in the Vettel challenge...). I'll try to convince the girlfriend to let me test it out in a few minutes, because if the transmission is long enough, I would love the combo.

Between Suzuka, Fuji (and to some extent Tsukuba) I'm convinced that the Japanese don't know how to make a corner that doesn't tighten as it progresses.

hahah I'll be honest with you guys...I think variety is very important too, so if suzuka has been a frequent track I would have no objections to something different. in fact, I'd be happy if we went with a track that hasn't been ran yet in the series. :)

Between Suzuka, Fuji (and to some extent Tsukuba) I'm convinced that the Japanese don't know how to make a corner that doesn't tighten as it progresses.

Fuji was designed by a German, and he's really the worst offender. He also designed something like 1/3 of the current F1 calendar (including the new COTA in Austin), and most of them have a at least one decreasing radius corner. None are quite as annoying to me as Fuji though.

BTW, I tried out the 'vette and Suzuka, and it should be a lot of fun. Sorry if I jumped the gun a bit there :)

I say yes to Custom Tracks, they add variety and all you have to do is put them up for share on the divisional accounts, it's up for the drivers to be prepared for the race if the materials are available for them to do so.

hahah I'll be honest with you guys...I think variety is very important too, so if suzuka has been a frequent track I would have no objections to something different. in fact, I'd be happy if we went with a track that hasn't been ran yet in the series. :)

No worries, your pick is all good. Aside from one single Sunday night in August, we hadn't run at Suzuka since April. So it's definitely not a frequent track. Spa on the other hand.. :P

I say if it isn't broke don't fix it for the time being. As much as I'd love to run an awd car on Tarmac in SNAIL.

Also I think that the vette would be incredibly fun on any of the classic gt tracks. The sooner a decision is made the better though because I may practice tonight a bit. What's going on tonight in snail? The tuner races?

FF, AWD are more pariahs than Suzuka, etc, imho.

Not looking at the data - that's dangerous, I understand - I'd expect the FR crowd to 'highly represent' what is going on for choices. It doesn't have to represent all of SNAIL - it's only representing what the winners enjoy. That's the point of the winning. I think... right? (I will admit to conflicting ideas on this, but the current system is the fairest way to spread to wealth I've heard of).

It is what it is.

Win (on the right week), and change it.

Pull the lever, do your best, and cross your fingers.

If we don't like it, vote it off the island.

The SNAIL Speaks "Begone!" and it was... fer now.

;-)

I'm not in front of my PS3 to test, so apologies in advance if this is off-base, but did you test to see if the 'vette hits its rev limit in top gear there? That's a common problem we've had with the older cars on faster tracks.

Just tried it....you may hit the limiter drafting, but I can't see it happening by yourself.

have the penalties been assessed yet and I missed them? I tend to miss them every week

edit: in d1 messing with the new set ups. Suzuki is right around 2:30 with the unbroken in vette, and it almost hits rev limiter but nothing annoying at all. Actually a very fun drive.

I'll post the penalties eventually. I'm painting the house with the wife tonight. Hopefully I get it posted late tonight. Otherwise it'll be tomorrow morning. If one of the other stewards wants to run with it before then, more power to them.

Last edited:
Lambo Countach 25th Anniversary Edition donated to prize list!

Got it, thanks! Also thanks to ExoSphere64 for randomly donating a 1964 Birthday ticket!

Speaking of which..

Kendawg Prize C Sunday night, I'll take the class 5 ticket. Thanx...

kendawg, I just sent over your Level 5 ticket. Congrats on earning Prize C. Enjoy!

I'm not going to be able to host the next 2 Wed night practices as a couple of personnal things have come up.

dabneyd , can you take over for me for a couple of weeks?

Is anyone interested in becoming the statistician for D3? I've got enough other things on my plate that recording the stats is consistently being pushed to the end of the line.

It's an easy job that doesn't take more than 30 minutes per week. Just record the replays then record fastest laps and final gaps for each race as well as the starting position for the first of each combo on the results page.

Is anyone interested in becoming the statistician for D3? I've got enough other things on my plate that recording the stats is consistently being pushed to the end of the line.

It's an easy job that doesn't take more than 30 minutes per week. Just record the replays then record fastest laps and final gaps for each race as well as the starting position for the first of each combo on the results page.

I definitely would, but this will be my last racing weekend for 8 weeks..

Maybe once I get back I'd be interested. If I'm walked through how to do it the first night or on a practice night.

Manual Mondays:

I did a race with stock C6 ZR1 on Sport Softs banging gears. There just two of us both shifting. What a rush. We race tight with paddles and did so with shifters and clutch.

Really hoping this takes off. Even if just fun runs with a few wanting to race with their bangers. :)

Edit:

Was thinking about success ballast and ran across a situation I had my car turned 5pp down (untuned series practice races) and was able to get an idea of how it ran with people I've ran with for quite some time. Anyway. Figured I would share this with you guys. Some of you have your ken series and may find this usable to help mid field guys get a win here and there.

Also was thinking about a success balance.

What about a systems like this.

1st -5pp
2nd -4pp
3rd -3pp
4th -2pp
5th -1pp
——————from here down you can earn lost pp.
6th +1pp
7th +2pp
8th +3pp
9th +4pp
10th +5pp
------------------on down is 5pp

Last edited:
I'm not going to be able to host the next 2 Wed night practices as a couple of personnal things have come up.

dabneyd , can you take over for me for a couple of weeks?

Yes I can.

Manual Mondays:

I did a race with stock C6 ZR1 on Sport Softs banging gears. There just two of us both shifting. What a rush. We race tight with paddles and did so with shifters and clutch.

Really hoping this takes off. Even if just fun runs with a few wanting to race with their bangers. :)

I just got my shifter today. I need to figure out how to make it work. Every time I hit the clutch pedal, it selected 6th gear.

Latest Posts

Back