◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,803 comments
It's nice having the credit limit raised so we can use these DTM cars. The Merc was a lot of fun and this promises to be more of the same. I was always curious how this drove what with the 4WD. Practice room tonight anyone?

Thursday/Friday is sounding exciting, unfortunately I will be away form home, but should be back for Sunday. My only suggestion regarding how many rooms to run etc. is to keep it flexible, maybe go with the best option for how many show and the divisional breakdown of those who do.

I will be heading out of town on Friday afternoon and will not be back until Sunday evening. Visiting some family in the Reno area for the weekend.

This means that any new or returning drivers need to have their ducks in a row by Thursday night this week if they want to race on Sunday. I will be placing new drivers and setting divisions for the August season on Thursday night.

Hey @zer05ive and @JLBowler and all of S.N.A.I.L. how have you and the whole league been, I'm back into Tuning now from where I started and I have to say that if it weren't for S.N.A.I.L. I wouldn't even have a clue how to race, however because of all I learned in S.N.A.I.L., I'm able to say that I've improved in many respects and would like to share;

1) know where you are and where your competitor's are "at all time's" and what they are doing or can do! and what they may attempt to do in that corner ahead, also what they did in the last corner, if he/she has shown speed, "caught you" give room let em by and follow. (chances are, if you ran laps with them then your speed is close, stay on em and you'll be rewarded!), (especially if you've seen them go off in the past) Can't change a duck!

2) know where your faster then your competitor is and use that to your advantage, (keep your eye on em!)

3) POINTS RACE! (YOU DON'T need to be the first horse out of the gate and win turn one! "that was me"
it never/seldom worked! (1 -10)

4) Let em go and POINTS RACE, Focus on both the car ahead and the car behind for two reasons (you don't want to hit the one in front and you don't want the one behind to hit you), you can control everything by not hitting the car in front and as I said above, know where you are "at all time's" Let the car behind go by. (chances are if he/she is going so fast, ether the tire's will go off or he/she will go off and you have lost nothing!

Thank You All;
and I leave you with a clip of my first practice lap in the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10.

Wow! get that drivetrain set! :embarrassed:
pert near turned her over, check it out; :crazy:

Seriously, is this much fun Legal? :cool:

Wish you all keep the rubber side down and the shinny side up!:cheers:

Last edited:
Hey @zer05ive and @JLBowler and all of S.N.A.I.L. how have you and the whole league been, I'm back into Tuning now from where I started and I have to say that if it weren't for S.N.A.I.L. I wouldn't even have a clue however because of all I learned in S.N.A.I.L., I'm able to say that I've improved in many respects and would like to share;

1) know where you are and where your competitor's are "at all time's" and what they are doing or can do! and what they may attempt to do in that corner ahead, also what they did in the last corner, if he/she has shown speed, "caught you" give room let em by and follow. (chances are, if you ran laps with them then your speed is close, stay on em and you'll be rewarded! (especially if you've seen them go off in the past) Can't change a duck!

2) know where your faster then your competitor is and use that to your advantage, (keep your eye on em!)

3) POINTS RACE! (YOU DON'T need to be the first horse out of the gate and win turn one! "that was me"

4) Let em go and POINTS RACE, Focus on both the car ahead and the car behind for two reasons (you don't want to hit the one in front and you don't want the one behind to hit you), you can control everything by not hitting the car in front and as I said above, know where you are "at all time's" Let the car behind go by. (chances are if he/she is going so fast, ether the tire's will go off or he/she will and you have lost nothing!

Thank You All;
and I leave you with a clip of my first practice lap in the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model '10.

Hey Thor, good to hear from ya, and good pointers. I agree with everything you mentioned except the part about letting a faster guy around you. Defensive driving using a strategically defensive line could be a racing art in and of itself. My advice is read the OLR, read it again, and then again, regarding a defensive driving line and know what you can and can't do and the difference between blocking and defensive racing. Place the car in a manner that puts the pursuing driver at a disadvantage. Then its a matter of steeling your nerves to not get rattled. If done right and the position held, you get the reward of knowing you outraced the other driver even though he may have been faster. On the flip side, if he made it past you cleanly with both drivers respecting each others space and lines, his patience and racecraft was on full display, and he rightfully earned the position. Thats racing imo. I'm not as fast as quite a few drivers here, but when I'm being pursued by a faster driver, I have hinged my racing style on strategic defensive racing with decent results. There's my 2 cents:cheers:. Hope to catch you online sometime, and take care.

Last edited:
Hey Thor, good to hear from ya, and good pointers. I agree with everything you mentioned except the part about letting a faster guy around you. Defensive driving using a strategically defensive line could be a racing art in and of itself. My advice is read the OLR, read it again, and then again, regarding a defensive driving line and know what you can and can't do and the difference between blocking and defensive racing. Place the car in a manner that puts the pursuing driver at a disadvantage. Then its a matter of steeling your nerves to not get rattled. If done right and the position held, you get the reward of knowing you outraced the other driver even though he may have been faster. On the flip side, if he made it past you cleanly with both drivers respecting each others space and lines, his patience and racecraft was on full display, and he rightfully earned the position. Thats racing imo. I'm not as fast as quite a few drivers here, but when I'm being pursued by a faster driver, I have hinged my racing style on strategic defensive racing with decent results. There's my 2 cents:cheers:. Hope to catch you online sometime, and take care.
Your Sprint Racing and I'm endurance racing, 15 minutes vs 60 minutes but the same principle applies, know who you are racing and what you are both capable of.

That's why we all race in League's.

we'll catch up and race sometime!

Last edited:
HELLO SNAILiens FAR AND NEAR,

I finally managed to legitimately win a race night and what a tough, fun night it was thanks to my practice buddies.

so my choice for Prize A is...

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 @ MID-FIELD RACEWAY [REVERSE]
maxresdefault.jpg

Cr 1.250'000
SPECS
pre-oil
PP 524
HP 413
DRIVE
4WD
TIRES
softs:sport [SS]

MID DIV TIME AVG
{+-}00.01.14.000

Now that i have that out of the way here is a recap slideshow of d3s mountain run. i have been in d4 for so long i forget to change my titles or keep typing d4 but it was fun to make and this time we are in the heart of the Caribbean islands for some soca . hahahah stamp yuh name

One word @Engmatic1,,,,,AWESOME!

HELLO SNAILiens FAR AND NEAR,

I finally managed to legitimately win a race night and what a tough, fun night it was thanks to my practice buddies.

so my choice for Prize A is...

Alfa Romeo 155 2.5 V6 TI '93 @ MID-FIELD RACEWAY [REVERSE]
maxresdefault.jpg

Nice choice Eng! There'll always be a place in my heart for the Busso V6. I owned an Alfa 156 2.5 V6 before I switched over to the Diesel Dark Side and it has to be one of the most beautiful standard production engines ever........

alfa-romeo-156-2.5-v6-24v-06.jpg

It sounded every bit as good as it looked. Yummmm!

Hey @zer05ive and @JLBowler and all of S.N.A.I.L. how have you and the whole league been, I'm back into Tuning now from where I started and I have to say that if it weren't for S.N.A.I.L. I wouldn't even have a clue how to race, however because of all I learned in S.N.A.I.L., I'm able to say that I've improved in many respects and would like to share;

1) know where you are and where your competitor's are "at all time's" and what they are doing or can do! and what they may attempt to do in that corner ahead, also what they did in the last corner, if he/she has shown speed, "caught you" give room let em by and follow. (chances are, if you ran laps with them then your speed is close, stay on em and you'll be rewarded!), (especially if you've seen them go off in the past) Can't change a duck!

4) Let em go and POINTS RACE, Focus on both the car ahead and the car behind for two reasons (you don't want to hit the one in front and you don't want the one behind to hit you), you can control everything by not hitting the car in front and as I said above, know where you are "at all time's" Let the car behind go by. (chances are if he/she is going so fast, ether the tire's will go off or he/she will go off and you have lost nothing!

Thank You All;

I like the way you handled that tunnel entrance :D:boggled::dopey::crazy:

Thank You All;

Hey Chris, nice vid. I sure don't miss those annoying tire squeal sounds.

Looking at those old posts is pretty crazy. 8 divisions? @Adramike was talking about SNAILS past and how many more particpants there were the other night. It sounds like membership dropped for a number of reasons. It'd be great to see numbers increase once GT sport/7 arrives

Last edited:
Looking at those old posts is pretty crazy. 8 divisions? @Adramike and was talking about SNAILS past and how many more particpants there were the other night. It sounds like membership dropped for a number of reasons. It'd be great to see numbers increase once GT sport/7 arrives
It was really tight racing back then, Hopefully the new GT's will be just a good and we get back to those types of numbers.

It was really tight racing back then, Hopefully the new GT's will be just a good and we get back to those types of numbers.
And there was a West coast division as well. I am really hoping GTSport one ups either PCars or Asseto Corsa. I'm hoping we can all get back together again and see numbers like there used to be!
Cheers from the dark side!

And there was a West coast division as well. I am really hoping GTSport one ups either PCars or Asseto Corsa. I'm hoping we can all get back together again and see numbers like there used to be!
Cheers from the dark side!
I thought there were 9 total divisions. But by the time I showed up it was only 8.

My biggest wish is that snail expands into Europe with their own dedicated sunday night divisions. We get so many europeans wanting to join but never at the same time.

*sighs* here's to hoping PD steps up their game

Thank You All;

1: Tuning was great and fun. I do miss it sometimes.

2: You aren't in this league anymore. Who said you could post here bub? I'll cut you! LoL, j/k man.

I hope so too. Sunday essentially paid the price for PD's lack of preparedness for the PS4. Drivers like myself want to play racing games that are up to date. All the options took down the Sunday count which is a shame because the close racing that we had at 8 divisions was Absolutely fantastic.

Back