◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,804 comments
?? I don't know. I live in the US and I bought it at a local US store.

@GTLehman Try looking at your Transaction history on the PS4 system. I entered my code online on the Sony Online Entertainment website and showed the content so i redeemed it. I got the email thanking me for my purchase and then when i looked under transaction history and services list, GT Sport is listed for the Gamestop 2 car pack and 3 car pack even though i checked on the PS3 in my account. I wanted to check the pre-order code i gotten in the gamestop receipt since you said you had problems with yours. Mine does say it is invalid after redeeming the code for the DLC content.

I'm In! Need to buy it still..

Anyone know of any good deals ?

Has anyone attempted to download? how big is it.... I dont want to wait 3 days for it to download.

Quick trip to Best Buy ... they have them locked up... as if there were many attempting to buy it.. LOL

Installing Sport. Just the update file is taking right now 75 minutes to download a 12.325 GB file (wired).

20171017_201748 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171017_202050 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

?? I don't know. I live in the US and I bought it at a local US store.

I only ask as I had an issue myself as I use my old PSN which is out of country. I had to enter the codes on a different PSN(US origin) on the same machine to redeem them. All the content, save the $1m in credits applied to the other accounts on the same machine.

Quick trip to Best Buy ... they have them locked up... as if there were many attempting to buy it.. LOL

Installing Sport. Just the update file is taking right now 75 minutes to download a 12.325 GB file (wired).

20171017_201748 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

20171017_202050 by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

So if 8 cars, game credits and other misc. game items are worth $60, do we get a rebate for all the features we can't utilize even though they've been paid for?

Where's my Calvin pee-on meme????

/rant

All this buzz has certainly got me a bit more interesting rested in this game and I had almost talked myself into getting it along with a PSVR.... then realized how limited that option is in game. Jeebus PD is killing this franchise for me. Arghh!

Last edited:
All right Maties....
so I started the game while the update still downloading. It is not recognizing the G29 at all. it goes through the normal test function spins the wheel around... but no response from the game.

Any tips ?

All right Maties....
so I started the game while the update still downloading. It is not recognizing the G29 at all. it goes through the normal test function spins the wheel around... but no response from the game.

Any tips ?
@Wolfsatz

Shut the PS4 off completely.
Make sure the wheel is plugged in.
Make sure the button on the G29 is set to PS4.
Turn the PS4 on without using the controller.
Enter using the PS button on the wheel.

Saw this:
Being able to use the motion function of the DualShock 4 for steering is awesome I have to say.

Benefits are that it enables you to have more finesse with your steering and you always have full access to the whole range of steering motion regardless of your speed while driving, countersteering is arguably a lot easier and instant too! It just feels a lot more ‘direct’, hard to explain.

Lastly, it frees up your left analog stick for any extra button assignments you may want to map to that.

Feels weird for a while but all I’m saying is that it’s worth giving a try for a few hours until you start to get a feel for it. Personally I’m loving it.

Saw this:

Personally I've never been a fan of this. Certainly it could be more refined with the DS4, but in my experience it feels quite the opposite that the OP is experiencing. The problem for me is that you're essentially using a steering wheel that is not grounded or stable in any way. This leads to a lack of control and finesse in my opinion. However, I am willing to accept that in some ways I am a black sheep of controller users. Not because I am particularly fast or great by any stretch of the imagination, but because I've generally become comfortable with more linear settings than a majority of pad racers. Basically, this means I drive with a pad more similar to how one would actually drive a real car. I am pretty confident I would not be able to drive my real car very accurately if the steering wheel was just floating in my hands. At the same time I am fully confident that I could drive it fairly well [in anger] with thumbsticks.

I been trying to look up videos on youtube for setting up an online lobby in GT Sport on how others are setting it up and it looks like their isn't a tuning prohibited option. I figure that their will be a way to work around to put the settings right and has anyone noticed if their is a community feature in GT Sport like their is in GT6. If PD did take out the community feature, not a deal breaker for me considering i will be playing in a couple months and helping to host a race room but would not make sense to take out the community feature. I guess with either room to be set in GT Sport as public or through friends only from what i seen on youtube so far, that we all will need to add one another to our friends list in order for the league to continue in GT Sport like having to be a member of the league in GT6. Looks like so much fun, Christmas cannot come over fast enough :lol::lol::lol: Hope everyone else in Snail is having fun playing GT Sport. I do have a question though for how GT Sport identifies each player on the track. Is it by the real name that is put into the PS4 system profile or still would be our PSN ID. Mine would still be RacingChamp30.

Last edited:
No tuning prohibited. No way to regulate setting adjustment. No community/clubs that I've seen. Players are identified by PSN.

"Show Only Rooms with Friends" was not working last night, however it was on Monday night.

There are some bugs. Overall a great game, just not finished yet.

@Vegasracer and @TomMang_68, congrats on being Prize B and Prize C winners in the final GT6 races! I already know the Prize A winner @JLBowler has purchased GT Sport, but can you two please confirm that you've purchased GT Sport (or will be doing so very soon) as well? That we can determine if we need to modify the car and track selection process for the very first combos of the GT Sport era. :)

Confirming that I own GT Sport ! (I know @Vegasracer does too)

Last edited:
I been trying to look up videos on youtube for setting up an online lobby in GT Sport on how others are setting it up and it looks like their isn't a tuning prohibited option. I figure that their will be a way to work around to put the settings right and has anyone noticed if their is a community feature in GT Sport like their is in GT6. If PD did take out the community feature, not a deal breaker for me considering i will be playing in a couple months and helping to host a race room but would not make sense to take out the community feature. I guess with either room to be set in GT Sport as public or through friends only from what i seen on youtube so far, that we all will need to add one another to our friends list in order for the league to continue in GT Sport like having to be a member of the league in GT6. Looks like so much fun, Christmas cannot come over fast enough :lol::lol::lol: Hope everyone else in Snail is having fun playing GT Sport. I do have a question though for how GT Sport identifies each player on the track. Is it by the real name that is put into the PS4 system profile or still would be our PSN ID. Mine would still be RacingChamp30.

Rest assure..the BoD is actively discussing the options. We will communicate our decisions soon.

Played for a few hours last night with some SNAILs. Had a lot of fun and the graphics are amazing. Theres also a really cool feature Tom had pointed out. When a car is in your blind spot, your TV screen on the side they're on will begin to darken to let you know. Nice touch! I thought my TV was on the fritz when it first happened.

One thing I'm bummed about is there is no lobby voice chat. The only way you can communicate is by lobby texts or party chat. Why they would make it harder to communicate is beyond me, hopefully it gets changed. Also the pre race timer is only like 5 seconds. I think it was 60 seconds in GT6.

Overall I can see this being a good game, but theres a few things that can be changed to make it great.

And "www.snailracing.org" fits perfectly as a lobby name. Its 19 characters out of the 20 character limit.

Played for a few hours last night with some SNAILs. Had a lot of fun and the graphics are amazing. Theres also a really cool feature Tom had pointed out. When a car is in your blind spot, your TV screen on the side they're on will begin to darken to let you know. Nice touch! I thought my TV was on the fritz when it first happened.

One thing I'm bummed about is there is no lobby voice chat. The only way you can communicate is by lobby texts or party chat. Why they would make it harder to communicate is beyond me, hopefully it gets changed. Also the pre race timer is only like 5 seconds. I think it was 60 seconds in GT6.

Overall I can see this being a good game, but theres a few things that can be changed to make it great.

And "www.snailracing.org" fits perfectly as a lobby name. Its 19 characters out of the 20 character limit.
I hope they see the criticism and work on it all. Can you turn off that blind spot indicator though?

You can save four characters by taking off the "www." part. Snailracing.org still works and leaves room if you want to put something else in like "Spec" or "Fun".

I hope they see the criticism and work on it all. Can you turn off that blind spot indicator though?

You can save four characters by taking off the "www." part. Snailracing.org still works and leaves room if you want to put something else in like "Spec" or "Fun".
The blind spot indicator is just awesome,it sure beats the old GT6 "Flashing Arrows".Do you have the game?

The blind spot indicator is just awesome,it sure beats the old GT6 "Flashing Arrows".Do you have the game?
Not yet, that's why I asked about the options. I plan on getting it before the 29th but otherwise I've been watching some gameplay videos and skipping to the on-track action

Back