◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,817 comments
We're always looking for more "immersion" in our sim racing and gaming experiences. One of the easiest, most effective, and affordable ways to do that is with a ButtKicker! They are the world's foremost brand of low frequency audio transducers and of course the title sponsor of the ButtKicker Challenge V! On top of all the obvious reasons to get a ButtKicker, I'd like to announce four additional reasons why there's never been a better time to buy one:

REASON #1 - BIG DISCOUNT! All Snails get 25% of their order. Simply go to TheButtKicker.com and enter the Coupon Code SNAIL25 to get your 25% discount off any order!

REASON #2 - FREE SHIPPING! Get free shipping on any order (in addition to your 25% discount)

REASON #3 - PURCHASE INSURANCE! If you win the ButtKicker Challenge V, you will get a FULL REFUND on your ButtKicker purchase!

REASON #4 - COOL SWAG! Post a picture of your new ButtKicker on this thread, and I'll send you a you a 6-inch die-cut SNAIL decal in your choice of white or black (as shown below):

niegztO.png

Anyone figured out how the Driver Rating works on GTS? I have pushed my Sportsman Rating all the way up to an "S" but my DR is still a "D".. Is it time to abandon my Snail tactics of avoiding all contact and start pushing for positions in the Sport races?

Anyone figured out how the Driver Rating works on GTS? I have pushed my Sportsman Rating all the way up to an "S" but my DR is still a "D".. Is it time to abandon my Snail tactics of avoiding all contact and start pushing for positions in the Sport races?

I dont know.. but something has not changed at all.. Public Lobby Racing is Jungle racing. Game punishes very little those bumping cars ahead and punishes the one being thrown off course. Don't like that at all.

BTW.. Those photographers. Is the only way to export pictures from the game is via USB ?
gotta be kidding me.. should I also search for my 3.5 or 5 inch Floppies?

BTW.. Those photographers. Is the only way to export pictures from the game is via USB ?
gotta be kidding me.. should I also search for my 3.5 or 5 inch Floppies?

They didn't have time to do anything else since they spent it all mucking up the camera controls. :irked:

However, elsewhere on this site is a thread about exporting photos and you can also 'share' them. But, the quality is not as good as exporting to USB.

I honestly can't understand why there is no in-game chat feature. That just seems silly for a console. Maybe they were having trouble with quality (project cars 1 issue) and just decided to dump it altogether?

That might be why PD scrapped the voice chat feature in lobbies i was thinking because of the issues players were having with online connectivity in GT6. I don't see how voice chat would effect online connectivity in any way but i don't understand network coding or what makes the connection more or less stable even if the user has high speed internet.

Well, color me miffed. I host a team speak server. I was going to suggest that, since I can host everyone, separated by division and still have plenty of bandwidth to spare, on one instance. But those fool's charge 2 bucks for their mobile app! Needless to say, if PD doesnt hook it up with voice chat in their lobbies, i guess discord it is.

I asked this question on the GTS General Discussion thread:

"I'm seeing Driver designations that have not been mentioned.
What are they, and are there more?"

An Administrator replied:
It's just another way of expressing levels.

Crystal is Level 1-9. You turn Amethyst at Level 10.

There are a few other issues that are more pressing at this time than worrying about what, if any, method will be use to enable voice communication. It is not an essential component of racing. Any communication that needs to take place can be done through the text chat. It's not ideal but neither is listening to the background noise that is inevitable when someone leaves a mic on during a race.

I agree there are other more concerning issues to make SNAIL work with GTS. I just think its silly they would leave out something so integral to online gaming, communication. Having a host potentially have to write out the starting order for 16 players in a manual grid line up sounds a little tedious to me. But its still early in the game lets see what happens.

I agree there are other more concerning issues to make SNAIL work with GTS. I just think its silly they would leave out something so integral to online gaming, communication. Having a host potentially have to write out the starting order for 16 players in a manual grid line up sounds a little tedious to me. But its still early in the game lets see what happens.

There is a "host set grid" option. I haven't had the chance to use it yet but it could be useful in the event of a manual line up. Has anyone used it? Is it easy like just choosing positions for each driver?

One would certainly hope that a spec option should be in a near future patch. I mean, it makes no sense at all that there would not be qualifying sessions for online lobbies. Clearly PD had to procrastinate some things to get this thing released by the stated date.

Replays is another big situation. Can they be shared??

One would certainly hope that a spec option should be in a near future patch. I mean, it makes no sense at all that there would not be qualifying sessions for online lobbies. Clearly PD had to procrastinate some things to get this thing released by the stated date.

Replays is another big situation. Can they be shared??

Replays can be shared and viewed by others. It's really a pretty easy process.

The biggest hurdle I see us having is how to lock down chassis adjustments so we can run "no tuning" lobbies

That's a pretty big hurdle as there is no option in game to do this and we all know how "gentlemen's agreements" don't work.

The biggest hurdle I see us having is how to lock down chassis adjustments so we can run "no tuning" lobbies

Since their is a friends only option to have the room versus public, is their a way that the HP and PP can be set or no along with the tires and how many laps a Qualifying would be and Racing. Where ever Snail goes, i will be going either in GT sport or Pcars2 which i am going to purchase Project Cars 2 later this year closer to Christmas.

Last edited:
Since their is a friends only option to have the room versus public, is their a way that the HP and PP can be set or no along with the tires and how many laps a Qualifying would be and Racing. Where ever Snail goes, i will be going either in GT sport or Pcars2 which i am going to purchase Project Cars 2 later this year closer to Christmas.

PP is gone. There is a BoP option which sets the HP and weight of all cars but that's all it does. Transmission, drivetrain, suspension, and aero can still be adjusted. Qualifying is gone in online lobbies. Most likely it's going to be back to the free run qualifying in practice. That will work as long as we have hosts that will push the button when it's time.

@src_ej6 nice racing last night! 1-2 finish for team snail in group 4.
It was great to see another SNAIL in a sport lobby. I wasn't nearly as worried about getting rammed off the track and me getting penalized for it :lol: You did a great job to come back for 2nd after going off at Suzuka east btw. :cheers:

Also, to anyone running Sport races.

- N300 - The detuned N400 BMW M4 is severely OP, take that if you want to have any sort of chance to win.
- Oval race - The R35 GT-R Schultz(sp?) is the OP car of the group.

It was great to see another SNAIL in a sport lobby. I wasn't nearly as worried about getting rammed off the track and me getting penalized for it :lol: You did a great job to come back for 2nd after going off at Suzuka east btw. :cheers:

Also, to anyone running Sport races.

- N300 - The detuned N400 BMW M4 is severely OP, take that if you want to have any sort of chance to win.
- Oval race - The R35 GT-R Schultz(sp?) is the OP car of the group.

The group 4 race seems to be the best for balance. I have won in the 4c, cayman and nsx now and can run very similar times in most cars. I think mid engine cars have an edge slightly but have seen vipers and vettes win too. I wouldn't recommend the group 3 race if you value your safety rating.

Back