◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,881 comments
I posted a picture of my Porsche back on page 3813 that you are welcome to use if it will work.

Edit: Never mind, it doesn’t have a white or black background, I’ll see if I can get you one.

View attachment 686028

I had a hard time getting the white background. You have any tips for that?

When you are in livery editor you can view your result with a white or black background. Turn and twist your car to the right view angle and take a screen shot by pressing and holding the share button. Then go to capture gallery outside the game, choose the picture and save it to USB. From USB to computer where you can crop it a bit to get the full picture of the car and then upload it here....

I love how everyone is always so quick to take a shot at Thrustmaster's reliability and customer service. Let me tell you a story. I had a G27 for a little over two years. Let me clarify that. I had three wheel bases, two sets of pedals, and two shifters over the course of a little over two years. While Logitech's customer service was very good and they were quick to replace the things that kept failing on me, I would have to say that their reliability really wasn't that good. I have now owned a T300 for a little over two years and have not had a single issue with it. The wheel base is a significant upgrade over the G27, and by extension the G29. I can't comment on the pedals as I purchased a ricmotech adapter to use my G27 pedals with my T300. (I ended up with an extra set of pedals through my warranty claims)

This setup has been very good to me and I would recommend it to anyone who already has a G27 and is looking for an upgraded wheel base to the G29.
I recently upgraded to this setup as well. I like it a lot. My only issue so far is that the wheel hub quick connect has come lose a few times after long periods of use.

I recently upgraded to this setup as well. I like it a lot. My only issue so far is that the wheel hub quick connect has come lose a few times after long periods of use.

You have to run the set screw all the way in until the screw head hits the collar.

Kind of off-topic here but has anyone converted the SNAIL logo to SVG yet?

Yes, but since we cannot upload them yet, you have to make your own.

Snailreat4.jpg

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As a continuing effort by the BoD to streamline our procedures to ensure everyone has an enjoyable experience racing SNAIL we are introducing the following Qualification Rules effective immediately.

These rules should be followed on Thursday night during official practice so we can test and adjust where necessary.

New Qually Rules

Upon entering prior to the first race of the night or upon having the room reset before the first race of the next combo, immediately drive to a spot beyond turn one that is well off the racing line and line up single file. The host will remain on pit road during this time.

Once the driver count has been verified, the host will give instructions to start qualifying and leave pit road to join in at the back of the line. Drivers should give 5 seconds between the driver in front of them leaving and when they start. Drivers should always keep an eye on the map. Do not take-off if another driver is approaching from behind on his hot lap.

Qually is not the race. If you get caught from behind on qually be kind enough not to block. Leave room for the driver to pass.

All drivers will complete an out lap and one hot lap for qualifying.

If, at any time during the out lap or the hot lap, a driver leaves the racing surface for any reason, they are to pull completely off the track and out of the way and wait for the qualifying session to end. They are not to attempt to re-enter the track for any reason.

Once drivers have completed their hot lap, they are to stop on the track far enough past the start finish line as to not be a distraction to anyone finishing a lap.

Once the host has completed his hot lap, he will check that no non-members have entered (kick as necessary) and start the race.

This can be modified for shorter tracks or to change from 5 seconds if deemed necessary.

Failure to comply with Qually Rules will result in a disqualification for that specific race.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

All drivers will complete an out lap and one hot lap for qualifying.

If, at any time during the out lap or the hot lap, a driver leaves the racing surface for any reason, they are to pull completely off the track and out of the way and wait for the qualifying session to end. They are not to attempt to re-enter the track for any reason.

Once drivers have completed their hot lap, they are to stop on the track far enough past the start finish line as to not be a distraction to anyone finishing a lap.

Question. How does the host Kick anyone if he is on track? I was not aware that this was possible... or does he have to get off track to do this?

Can you please clarify this? Why can't you rejoin?

... .messing someone else's qually run.... maybe .. just maybe.
Okay, hear me out. If one is off and rejoining the track, they have lost so much that their time won't be competitive. In that case definitely just stay out of the way. But if on your qualy lap you go a little too wide and get into the grass on turn exit. If you save it and keep going you can still have a decent lap but you lost time there. That's self-regulating punishment.

Imagine this place like a pre-race driver's meeting. All drivers should feel comfortable voicing their concerns. One should know by now that I'm not here to disrupt things. I'm just looking for clarity on the subject.

Clairfication. If you go off track pull off and do not re-enter. If you go slightly off and get right back on and then get caught from behind, you need to let the guy behind you go. You had a five second head start. If you lost that in a lap and a half, you're not winning the pole anyways.

Okay, hear me out. If one is off and rejoining the track, they have lost so much that their time won't be competitive. In that case definitely just stay out of the way. But if on your qualy lap you go a little too wide and get into the grass on turn exit. If you save it and keep going you can still have a decent lap but you lost time there. That's self-regulating punishment.

Imagine this place like a pre-race driver's meeting. All drivers should feel comfortable voicing their concerns. One should know by now that I'm not here to disrupt things. I'm just looking for clarity on the subject.

5 seconds in Qually is nothing. You don't even have to get off track to lose 5 seconds. Catching someone for any reason and then having to evade / take different lines affect the faster qualifier that could cost a Pole. As you said.... qually is not practice... so nothing is lost if you just pull out to let traffic by.

Exactly. As long as you're not impeding the guy behind you. It's one thing to know you're not on pole but to not fight for every last spot is racing sacrilege. :gtpflag:

On another note, what's the reasoning behind going down to a single hot lap instead of the previous 5 minute timer method? I don't have GTSport yet but is that not an option anymore?

On another note, what's the reasoning behind going down to a single hot lap instead of the previous 5 minute timer method? I don't have GTSport yet but is that not an option anymore?

There is no timer option... at least now.... thinking about it... there is not even a qualifier option.

Just hot lapping that registers the lap times.

Last edited:
Yeah. There is no timer. No qualifying option and numerous grid issues at the current time. Those grid issues are adding time to the race night. This (hopefully temporary) solution will help to keep the night around two hours. If the issues we are presented with go away wit future updates, we can revisit the qualifying procedure.

Just want to comment on 2 rules. The "watch the map" rule and the don't re-enter rule.

There's no more 5 minute rule saying that you HAVE to finish your qually. If there's a driver flying down the straight on his hot lap, don't take off in front of him... an extra 10 second wait to let him by is going to do you no harm. Watch the circuit map so you are aware of what's coming towards you.

If you spin-out...stay out. Park your car in safe place. You're not winning pole anyway. If you start 7th or 9th it doesn't matter... you may even miss the mayhem in turn 1 :lol::lol:

Don't be the guy that gets asked by the host to leave the track because you didn't follow a few easy rules.

The wheel discussion boils down to two things...money and expandability.

The best wheel combo out of the box at a reasonably low price is the G29. But if you can spend more, want to add accessories, wheel rims, better pedals, shifters etc...then your wallet needs to be deeper.

I have the G29 because i don’t have the big bucks and I don’t need to add all the other stuff. It was miles better than my DFGT so I was good.

But if you have the funds and like accessories I would honestly skip the Thrustmaster line altogether and get the Fanatec setup @Lessen posted. For $499 that is a seriously good combo. I don’t think any Thrustmaster setup would equal the lineup Fanatec has in terms of quality and features.

Just my opinion.

If all you want to spend is $250-300 then get the G29 and be happy. Any more than $350 and up just open the wallet and get that Fanatec.

I purchased the T150 with force feedback. If you watch a video the guy says the T150 excerpts pedal upgrades, etc... I found my brand new T150 for online $150. Plus, you could purchase an extra two or three year warranty plan. Game Stop charges $200 for the T150.

Back