◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,748 comments
Last edited:
SNAIL Member Map

Ever wondered where in the world all of our SNAIL members are? Introducing the new SNAIL Member Map. Feel free to drop a pin and tag yourself on the global map provided so we can see how much of the globe this multinational club covers! Click the map above and follow the instructions below to add yourself.

----------------------------------------------------

Step 1:

Find your location, and click on the marker button as seen below. Drop a pin at your desired location.

memberMap01.jpg

Step 2:

Label yourself with your GTP username in the top box, and if you'd like, your real name in the lower box

memberMap02.jpg

Step 3:

Your marked location will show up in the layer on the right under SNAIL members. Hover over your name and a small paint bucket will display. Click this to bring up some options.

memberMap04.jpg

Step 4:

Under the options, you can change your icon color, shape, and also add a custom icon, or upload your own!

memberMap05.jpg

I have mucked up a ton of races since I started racing with Snail. It hasn't even been a year yet, so I'm still learning. I think it is incredibly selfish to drop out of a race that you are not doing well in. Whomever is winning deserves the glory of beating you. Quitting prior to the finish shows you're only concerned with your own performance, and couldn't care less about the other racers competing with you.

Getting your butt kicked is part of becoming better. It's called humility. Quitting is childish in it's most degrading form. When I agree to get on track with how many other racers there may be, I make a commitment to stick it out until the end, regardless of how I feel I should be performing.

How would one feel if they were winning halfway through a race, and everyone else just dropped out one by one? At the end, there would be no measure of how well they did because they would be alone.

Forgive me for this rant, but man, quitting a race because you're not doing well? C'mon!

I quit about to start the last lap after having a slight off and then a spin due to the dirty tires. We had already enjoyed a great race going back and forth. I went from 3rd to 1st to 4th to 3rd to 5th

I have mucked up a ton of races since I started racing with Snail. It hasn't even been a year yet, so I'm still learning. I think it is incredibly selfish to drop out of a race that you are not doing well in. Whomever is winning deserves the glory of beating you. Quitting prior to the finish shows you're only concerned with your own performance, and couldn't care less about the other racers competing with you.

Getting your butt kicked is part of becoming better. It's called humility. Quitting is childish in it's most degrading form. When I agree to get on track with how many other racers there may be, I make a commitment to stick it out until the end, regardless of how I feel I should be performing.

How would one feel if they were winning halfway through a race, and everyone else just dropped out one by one? At the end, there would be no measure of how well they did because they would be alone.

Forgive me for this rant, but man, quitting a race because you're not doing well? C'mon!
lol how about if you have the wrong tires on your car?

I quit about to start the last lap after having a slight off and then a spin due to the dirty tires. We had already enjoyed a great race going back and forth. I went from 3rd to 1st to 4th to 3rd to 5th
Rage quitting is rage quitting and there is no excuse for it leave 'er in the dirt and go smell the damn roses your costing the others money and fun!
You had to, didn't you.
You know it!

SNAIL Member Map

Ever wondered where in the world all of our SNAIL members are? Introducing the new SNAIL Member Map. Feel free to drop a pin and tag yourself on the global map provided so we can see how much of the globe this multinational club covers! Click the map above and follow the instructions below to add yourself.

----------------------------------------------------

Step 1:

Find your location, and click on the marker button as seen below. Drop a pin at your desired location.

memberMap01.jpg

Step 2:

Label yourself with your GTP username in the top box, and if you'd like, your real name in the lower box

memberMap02.jpg

Step 3:

Your marked location will show up in the layer on the right under SNAIL members. Hover over your name and a small paint bucket will display. Click this to bring up some options.

memberMap04.jpg

Step 4:

Under the options, you can change your icon color, shape, and also add a custom icon, or upload your own!

memberMap05.jpg

Cool idea!

Cool idea!

I used to have fun on the backroads up the hill from you. I'd let the car stretch it's legs along Keystone Ave, turn at Dewdney and go up passed the gun range and gravel pit. Fun route, pretty smooth roads (Keystone was freshly paved when I would drive it), and no traffic (maybe 2-3 local cars over a 16km loop).

gt1-jpg.253247

Brought to you by @@euclid58, @@Jakedog23, and @@reigninblood.
Sponsored by Jakedog Tuning Garage

Official Season 4 Car List

All cars on this list are NOT class specific and can be chosen by anyone reguardless of class.

1. Chevrolet Corvettes, '06 Z06, '09 ZR1, '14 Stingray
2. Nissan '02 Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34)
3. Maserati '08 Gran Turismo S
4. Ferrari '02 Enzo, '06 430, '07 430 Scuderia, '09 458 Italia
5. Mercedes '09 SLR McLaren, '10 SLS AMG
6. Ford '05 GT, '06 GT
7. SRT '02 Viper GTS, '08 Viper SRT10 ACR, '13 Viper GTS, '13 Viper GTS launch edition
8. Lotus '02 Esprit V8
9. McLaren '10 MP4-12C
10. Pagani '11 Huayra, '13 Huayra
11. Lexus '12 LFA Nurburgring Package
12. Lamborghini '08 Gallardo LP 560-4
13. Aston Martin '11 One-77

Official Season 4 BoP
GTLM 1320kg/700hp SNAIL D4-D8
GTD 1390kg/700hp SNAIL D1-D3

These changes take effect 3/13/15 at the start of season 4

All snails are welcome. Season 3 is wrapping up this Friday. We will host a season 4 Pre-season race on 3/2/15 for anyone NOT participating in the ROC. If you think that you are fast and know how to tune or would like to learn then look us up. This league is not for the faint of heart!

Last edited:
I used to have fun on the backroads up the hill from you. I'd let the car stretch it's legs along Keystone Ave, turn at Dewdney and go up passed the gun range and gravel pit. Fun route, pretty smooth roads (Keystone was freshly paved when I would drive it), and no traffic (maybe 2-3 local cars over a 16km loop).

I go for drives up past the dump all the time! The roads aren't as smooth, but you can still blast past the gun range when nobody's looking ;) Gotta be careful in the wet though, there's a couple corners that are perma-slippery (Y)

I go for drives up past the dump all the time! The roads aren't as smooth, but you can still blast past the gun range when nobody's looking ;) Gotta be careful in the wet though, there's a couple corners that are perma-slippery (Y)

I've only ever run it when it's dry. Those long straights are tempting around the gun range :P
If I'm out that way I'll have to run the Scooby around there!

Data is in for D2!

20150222D2Winner.jpg

Course 1: Nurburgring GP/F
Pole position: @gtr3123 2:04.994
Race 1 winner: @gtr3123
Race 2 winner: @R34EVO9
Fastest lap: @R34EVO9 2:04.409

Course 2: Circuito di Roma / Forward
Pole position: @R34EVO9 1:06.814
Race 1 winner: @R34EVO9
Race 2 winner: @Falango
Fastest lap: @R34EVO9 1:06.825

Course 3: Silverstone National Circuit
Pole position: @R34EVO9 52.874
Race 2 winner: @ConnorWolf
Fastest lap: @ConnorWolf 52.686

Fun with numbers!

0.018 - Gap between 2nd and 4th qualifiers @ Nurburgring. Very close!

0.088 - Gap between 1st to 4th qualifiers @ Silverstone. Close one!

0.380 - Gap between the fastest lap posted by each driver in the final race @ Silverstone (52.739 to 53.119)

4 - Different race winners on the night

7 - Drivers to make the podium

12 - Drivers to compete during the season

56 - Laps turned by each driver for the night

94 - Points for the night's big winner. Absolutely dominating performance!

247 - Points thus far for the February season for the current leader, @R34EVO9

4784 - Horsepower tearing up Silverstone's National Circuit. AMG roar!

There's also this to consider; Every driver who completes a race, or doesn't, affects their division winner's chance at picking a prize.

I drove like frozen doo-doo last night, and as much as I wanted to leave early, and probably should have, I just couldn't do that to my division.

I really struggle in those higher PP cars. Thankfully, not as much as I used to!

Its Busch League... Yeah, I raced with someone like that as well!! :odd: He asked when the last time he ever quit a race was? The answer is EVERY race. literately, Every Race!! Its a bummer due to the fact it affects everyone! Its weird they don't remember? :nervous:

Data is in for D2!

20150222D2Winner.jpg

Pole position: @gtr3123 2:04.994

Fun with numbers!

0.380 - Gap between the fastest lap posted by each driver in the final race @ Silverstone (52.739 to 53.119)

Wow, they cars aren't even cold and you have all the data posted. Awesome job.

double since unrelated (separate the likes and dislikes...)

Consistently being last in a race is the most depressing thing about even being a part of this or any competitive online game. Part of being a human being is being able to take the good with the bad, and having the grit to see it through until the situation changes somehow. Either you learn from your mistakes and become better (which doesn't work for me much :/) or get relegated and find your happy place elsewhere.

One thing I personally appreciate is someone not just parking it or quitting, but still taking the laps. It's more practice for them, an opportunity to gain ground if others spin out, and most importantly: it avoids the extra wasted minute and a half of staring at the results screen for everyone that did finish...

Since we determined that the winner of the GranStand Challenge IV would be determined by the winner of the Daytona 500's average speed, it's worth noting that Joey Lagano's average speed at the Daytona 500 today was 161.939 mph. Therefore, the winning number of the GranStand Challenge IV is 39. The Snail who picked that number was @Engmatic1!! Congrats! :cheers:

Thanks. Well I don't know the protocol here so I thought I'd acknowledge everyone and a great community of all round orange mangoes (nice friendly gamers). Honestly thought STEAMER (sinna) was up to his tricks when he told me.
Orange Mangoes VROOM VROOM

These stats are my favorite. Thing to look and thanks @Falango

Data is in for D2!

20150222D2Winner.jpg

Fun with numbers!

Good sportsmanship and honor are either a part of your personality or something that you are tought at a very early age. I've been a member of Snail for a little more than two months now. The first five weeks was awesome. All five earned me five 2nd place finishes over all, 7 wins, and 6 or 7 2nd place finishes. Now, after moving up in division's, I have not even placed higher than third. Each week since moving up, I have made more mistakes than I ever have. I'm trying my best just to stay out of the way and keep on the lead lap. But I would feel like a loser if I just gave up. The only way to be better, is to stick it out. I think people have more respect for you when they see you can't be broke by adversity. I look at it this way, each week I learn a new way not to be a idiot on the track. So just remember, your only quitting on your self when you back out or give up!

One thing I personally appreciate is someone not just parking it or quitting, but still taking the laps. It's more practice for them, an opportunity to gain ground if others spin out, and most importantly: it avoids the extra wasted minute and a half of staring at the results screen for everyone that did finish...

Yeah, I agree. I was guilty of parking in the final race last night. One of those "Even at 80% speed, I'm falling off the track and I don't even know why" nights. Things would be fine, then I totally lost my braking point memory, or couldn't remember how to take turns that I used to be decent at, and then the second guessing everything I was doing, and that only made things worse... Self-Inflicted Disaster.

Back