➊ Turtle Racing League - FLEX | Saturday Night Racing | JOIN TODAY!Open 

RACE-21.jpg

Just wanted to put this in the correct thread for tonight's race:

Choose to retire because I really wasn't feeling it. Before qualifying even started I knew I was about 1 minute off the pace, so that alone made me know I was in for another back marker long haul. Choco gave me a glimmer of hope going off early after the start like that, at least giving me 6th position to contend for.....for a while. Even he caught up to me and took off just as quickly as the rest of you. Really wasn't in the mood to be a tired moving chicane for the night so I really had to just call it quits. Hope this isn't frowned apon.

I try and go in to each one of these events with my head held high, and say to myself "Tonight I will learn something. Tonight I will improve and tonight I will race with whoever I can, to the best of my abilities.". I know to be successful, I need to race with successful drivers. Iron sharpens iron, so I figure at some point I'll be moving up in the field. I know I can beat some of you in time trials on occasion, so my potential is there some where.

But it does get hard, especially on nights like this, where that damn Tomahawk X at the ring seasonal nearly drove me insane (still haven't pulled a clean lap! Getting close though). It gets hard to keep finding the positives, so yeah, my motivation goes down sometimes.

I do wish there were more short events, like those 20 minute touring car races we did recently. I can stand those much better :lol:. Isn't so much of long, drawn out form of suffering.

Just wanted to put this in the correct thread for tonight's race:
👍:lol: Shows how tired I've become. Thanks for that. I'll add it into this post anyway to keep it official.

Choose to retire because I really wasn't feeling it. Before qualifying even started I knew I was about 1 minute off the pace, so that alone made me know I was in for another back marker long haul. Choco gave me a glimmer of hope going off early after the start like that, at least giving me 6th position to contend for.....for a while. Even he caught up to me and took off just as quickly as the rest of you. Really wasn't in the mood to be a tired moving chicane for the night so I really had to just call it quits. Hope this isn't frowned apon.

I try and go in to each one of these events with my head held high, and say to myself "Tonight I will learn something. Tonight I will improve and tonight I will race with whoever I can, to the best of my abilities.". I know to be successful, I need to race with successful drivers. Iron sharpens iron, so I figure at some point I'll be moving up in the field. I know I can beat some of you in time trials on occasion, so my potential is there some where.

But it does get hard, especially on nights like this, where that damn Tomahawk X at the ring seasonal nearly drove me insane (still haven't pulled a clean lap! Getting close though). It gets hard to keep finding the positives, so yeah, my motivation goes down sometimes.

I do wish there were more short events, like those 20 minute touring car races we did recently. I can stand those much better :lol:. Isn't so much of long, drawn out form of suffering.

👍:lol: Shows how tired I've become. Thanks for that. I'll add it into this post anyway to keep it official.

Quitting is frowned upon (see OP), but we tolerate it. As a general rule though, if you start a race you should finish it. Some drivers do not like the 20/30 minute races because that could mean 3 different combinations which takes 3 times as long to practice for. You asked me not to send you reminders so I didn't, then you show up and don't even know what car we are racing which I assume means you did not practice. We practice for the races because we know if we don't we will not do well. In other words, we put in the time and effort necessary to be competitive and that includes being bothered by race reminders which I do as a courtesy. Endurance races are long to test your endurance. They separate the men from the boys. It's like exercise, you aren't supposed to like the last few reps, but they are the important ones.

So, here's my advice

1) Read the OP
2) Go over the race schedule and find the races you feel you will enjoy
3) Practice for those races as they approach. Put in the time and effort necessary to improve and do well.
4) Turn ABS on and set it to 1. At the Red Bull Ring you were cornering well, but I made up a lot time under braking.
5) Practice again for races as they approach. Put in the time and effort necessary to improve and do well.
6) Finish the races you start, quitting them is a bad habit to get into.
7) Ask for advice, everyone in this league will be glad to help you. That includes practicing with you and tutoring.

The Tomahawk X at the ring is nuts. I didn't enjoy that one bit. Well, not until I got a free car that goes 450 mph and a bunch of credits. :lol:

Last edited:
So, here's my advice

1) Read the OP
2) Go over the race schedule and find the races you feel you will enjoy
3) Practice for those races as they approach. Put in the time and effort necessary to improve and do well.
4) Turn ABS on and set it to 1. At the Red Bull Ring you were cornering well, but I made up a lot time under braking.
5) Practice again for races as they approach. Put in the time and effort necessary to improve and do well.
6) Finish the races you start, quitting them is a bad habit to get into.
7) Ask for advice, everyone in this league will be glad to help you. That includes practicing with you and tutoring.

The Tomahawk X at the ring is nuts. I didn't enjoy that one bit. Well, not until I got a free car that goes 450 mph and a bunch of credits. :lol:

One thing I actually try to avoid, even though it usually bites me. For now it probably would be a better idea for me to avoid the lockups and add more difficulty than I need. I have been keeping my braking on the cautious side though, so I've definitely been loosing tons of time at crucial corners.

You asked me not to send you reminders so I didn't, then you show up and don't even know what car we are racing which I assume means you did not practice

Yeah, little did I realize how unorganized I've become. I fully admit I haven't been doing enough to keep myself prepared. Most of the week is indeed tough, so especially when Friday comes around, the race comes so fast I almost always am scrambling to get ready. I figured though that the PSN messages would contain the same necessary info, so at the time of unsubscribing I thought I was just avoiding a redundancy.

The other thing is, I am only just now realizing there are two threads; one for Friday night races, and one for Saturday nights.

The ironic thing is, I have a fairly dedicated 3-4 day a week exercise routine, so I have a good idea about what dedication is, and what it's like to put in practice when you really don't want to. But, that dedication is lacking right now with this interest. I'm certain most of you know what it is like to have limited practice time, but even still, most of you have figured out a schedule of some sort that still allows you to stay competitive.

I'm in the same boat whodoyouthink, no time for practice. Luckily, i seem to be finding time an hour or two before race time to get some laps in lately. It has helped me, but i need a lot of practice to be competitive with the faster turtles. It just so happens that last night all the fast guys showed up, lol. That's why you felt slow, not necessarily a good benchmark for you though.
That track is very difficult to learn as there are so many corners. It would take me days to get it down and train my brain. I kept braking at corners where i didnt have to and only lifting at corners i needed to brake earlier. It was very depressing to be a good 10-15 seconds off pace despite my practice time. But, i stuck it out and barely missed finishing the 11th lap within 3 minutes of psycho.:banghead: Boy did that piss me off to see the finish line and have the timer end just prior. All because of a couple mistakes on lap 10 and 11. Not to mention the many on laps 1-9 :lol:
Anyway, that's how i motivate myself to finish these events when i am way off pace. Set a goal. Whether it be hitting a lap time, avoiding getting lapped, not finishing last, beating RacingOtaku, whatever it is, i put it in my mind and it keeps me interested and focussed on the tough nights.

I really enjoyed the car on that track, but i do wish my pace were better ( and i didnt make so many mistakes mainly).

We do seem to have lost a lot of our division B members this year. Maybe we need to rethink going back to 2 divisions; it does help psychologically to encourage everyone to stay involved if they know they may not be as fast as the division 1 guys, but they can still fight for a podium in there own level.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat whodoyouthink, no time for practice. Luckily, i seem to be finding time an hour or two before race time to get some laps in lately. It has helped me, but i need a lot of practice to be competitive with the faster turtles. It just so happens that last night all the fast guys showed up, lol. That's why you felt slow, not necessarily a good benchmark for you though.
That track is very difficult to learn as there are so many corners. It would take me days to get it down and train my brain. I kept braking at corners where i didnt have to and only lifting at corners i needed to brake earlier. It was very depressing to be a good 10-15 seconds off pace despite my practice time. But, i stuck it out and barely missed finishing the 11th lap within 3 minutes of psycho.:banghead: Boy did that piss me off to see the finish line and have the timer end just prior. All because of a couple mistakes on lap 10 and 11. Not to mention the many on laps 1-9 :lol:
Anyway, that's how i motivate myself to finish these events when i am way off pace. Set a goal. Whether it be hitting a lap time, avoiding getting lapped, not finishing last, beating RacingOtaku, whatever it is, i put it in my mind and it keeps me interested and focussed on the tough nights.

I really enjoyed the car on that track, but i do wish my pace were better ( and i didnt make so many mistakes mainly).

We do seem to have lost a lot of our division B members this year. Maybe we need to rethink going back to 2 divisions; it does help psychologically to encourage everyone to stay involved if they know they may not be as fast as the division 1 guys, but they can still fight for a podium in there own level.
Just a thought.

We have enough Division 2 and 3 drivers for them to have their own room(s). We just don't have enough of them showing up at the same time. There are 3 reasons they don't show up. 1) They don't spend as much time practicing and racing as it is. That's why they are Division 2 and 3. Which is fine, in this league we race for the fun of it. We aren't under the delusion that we are racing for money and trophy wives. 2) When they do show up they have to race with Division 1 and they get creamed, to put it nicely. 3) It's summer and they have other things to do.

What can we do about it? Maybe a better question is, what can they do about it? The answer is simple, just show up. If more drivers showed up I would separate the drivers by Division in the results. If even more drivers showed up they could have their room(s) so they don't have to deal with Division 1 at all. If there is one thing I've learned over the years is that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. This is on them, I'm not going to be handing out Turtle T-Shirts, Turtle Caps, or Turtle Shells to get them to show up.

Last edited:
That's what i'm getting at though. Motivation to show would be to know they are also running their own race with separate standings. Same room, but 2 divisions basically like we have done many times.

It's just psychological and was all i meant. No idea whether it would encourage anyone new to join or not or bring back some old regulars...
I was only thinking out loud as i miss racing with them.

I do vaguely remember the lower tier divisions now that you bring it up. It was probably over a year ago, or close to it, that I last raced in this before starting up again how ever recently is was this year (I think earlier this month/late May).

Being off the pace was one thing, but the other was getting to the point that the field spread out so much that you could be in 4th or 5th and not be near anyone to battle for a position. Now, that kind of is a natural effect of endurance racing, but still, it does become discouraging when it's almost every race. I remember only getting a good 10-15mins of actual racing out of 1hr races because of this. I would keep thinking to myself, this isn't what I showed up for, it feels like a time trial now.

Still, the league still has its positives, and trying to force big changes when for the most part other drivers can work with it, is silly. Not like I can't balance out my interests by joining a sprint league to keep that part of me happy, while still managing to keep a decent career in this league going as well. No point in putting all my eggs in one basket when I'm looking for more than one type of racing out of the community.

That's what i'm getting at though. Motivation to show would be to know they are also running their own race with separate standings. Same room, but 2 divisions basically like we have done many times.

It's just psychological and was all i meant. No idea whether it would encourage anyone new to join or not or bring back some old regulars...
I was only thinking out loud as i miss racing with them.

I miss racing with the old regulars as well. That is the main reason I like racing multiple Divisions in one room. Hopefully GT7 will allow enough drivers in a room to have a good representation of every Division. I used to separate the results by Division until we started having 9 Division 1 drivers, 2 Division 2 drivers, and 1 Division 3 driver show up. It was ridiculous to keep doing it at that point. Don't get me wrong, I understand the importance of having Divisions and competing with drivers of similar skill level and I would be more than happy to separate the results by Division, but they need to help themselves by showing up. I've already done everything else, literally all they have to do is show up. BTW, I've added a 3rd reason, summer activities. Anyway, when summer is over and the time changes I am sure we will have enough drivers to separate into at least 2 Divisions.

I do vaguely remember the lower tier divisions now that you bring it up. It was probably over a year ago, or close to it, that I last raced in this before starting up again how ever recently is was this year (I think earlier this month/late May).

Being off the pace was one thing, but the other was getting to the point that the field spread out so much that you could be in 4th or 5th and not be near anyone to battle for a position. Now, that kind of is a natural effect of endurance racing, but still, it does become discouraging when it's almost every race. I remember only getting a good 10-15mins of actual racing out of 1hr races because of this. I would keep thinking to myself, this isn't what I showed up for, it feels like a time trial now.

Still, the league still has its positives, and trying to force big changes when for the most part other drivers can work with it, is silly. Not like I can't balance out my interests by joining a sprint league to keep that part of me happy, while still managing to keep a decent career in this league going as well. No point in putting all my eggs in one basket when I'm looking for more than one type of racing out of the community.

We hold all the races you mentioned regularly. On Friday nights we have 60 minutes of racing in RUSH. Either 3-20 minute races, 2-30 minute races, or 1-60 minute race. On Saturday nights in FLEX we have 90 minutes of racing. Either 3-30 minute races, 2-45 minute races. or 1-90 minute race like last night. Multiple short races are fun, but they also take a lot of time to prepare for, if you are taking the time to prepare for them.

Last edited:
I miss racing with the old regulars as well. That is the main reason I like racing multiple Divisions in one room. Hopefully GT7 will allow enough drivers in a room to have a good representation of every Division.

In PCARS I've had online races with 30 people without lag on certain circuits. Not sure about the Ps4 version, but if PD can get the max out of the Ps4 like with the Ps3 (But better :lol:), things could get quite interesting. :P

One thing I actually try to avoid, even though it usually bites me. For now it probably would be a better idea for me to avoid the lockups and add more difficulty than I need. I have been keeping my braking on the cautious side though, so I've definitely been loosing tons of time at crucial corners.

Don't over think it. Just use ABS 1 like virtually everyone else.

Absolutely I agree with Psycho that the biggest issue with division 2/3 drivers is lack of showing up. When there is only one there, they, as Psycho put it, get creamed by the division 1 guys and get discouraged. All it takes is for a couple more guys at the same skill level to show up the same week and you'll have a good battle on your hands.

Take last night. No, it wasn't in the back of the pack, but I had a whale of a battle with Xrad and Racing while in 2nd. We knew full well we weren't racing for the win (Psycho was in another time zone), but I still had a blast racing hard with them. If we could get a couple division 2/3 guys to show up every week, there will be competition out there instead of you just feeling like you're time trialing with no one to race with.

Finally...practice, practice, practice. I know it sounds cliche, but it can be important. :)

woman was gone for a week. had to 'make up for lost time' anyways, lol. actually my next race is July 17-19th. I spent any other free time this weekend working on the racecar. I put a rear defogger kit on the front windshield. let me tell you, 110+mph while you can't see out the windshield is pretty damn sketchy. after trying several methods, this one is supposed to be near flawless.

As of now, it looks like we have 7 sign-ups for the Red Bull Junior Championship (at least from what Psycho has updated on the post). Anyone else planning on joining? First race is this Saturday.

Same ^^^
Also didn't sign up for the same reason as the Mazda series in Rush.
If i can make the race, i'll be there, but i don't want to take a spot for someone who actually can make the races regularly....

This week! Got to practice...

View attachment 396249

Round 1: Silverstone Grand Prix Circuit | July 4, 2015 | 45 Laps

Round 2: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps | August 22, 2015 | 38 Laps

Round 3: Autodromo Nazionale Monza | September 5, 2015 | 48 Laps

Round 4: Suzuka Circuit 2014 | September 26, 2015 | 45 Laps

RACE SETTINGS

Tuning: Prohibited

Pit Stops: 1 Mandatory

Tires: Racing Medium / Racing Hard - Both compounds must be used

Tire Wear-Fuel Consumption: Normal

Mechanical Damage: Off

Penalty: Game System Off - Subject to Video Review

Visible Damage: Off

Start: Fastest first from qualifying session

Car: Red Bull X2014 Junior - 3 of each color - First come, first served

How to enter: Post your request to join along with your color choice in this thread.

POINTS SYSTEM

K1st place - 33 points
.2nd place - 30 points
_3rd place - 28 points
_4th place - 26 points
_5th place - 24 points
_6th place - 22 points
_7th place - 20 points
_8th place - 18 points
_9th place - 16 points
10th place - 14 points
11th place - 12 points
12th place - 10 points
13th place - _8 points
14th place - _6 points
15th place - _4 points
16th place - _2 points

Only your top 3 finishes will be scored

Bonus Points: 1 point for 1st place finishes in all 3 races for a possible 100 points

RED BULL X2014 JUNIOR COLOR SELECTION

Blue

1 - RacingOtaku86
2 -
3 -

White

1 -
2 -
3 -

Yellow

1 - micantony
2 -
3 -

Red

1 - Psycho-Tuber
2 -
3 -

Orange

1 - Dolph Drago
2 -

Crimson

1 - randy1122
2 -
3 -

Black

1 - GTRacer22
2 - Schmiggz
3 -

TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - FLEX RACING SERIES

Fyi: if there is room, you can come out and race, even if you're not going for the whole championship (all 4 races). Psycho can confirm this, but i think it's ok.

Last edited:
I have a club room open if anyone wants to practice the red bull jr's at silverstone.

Edit:
Room closed. That was a lot of fun. Thanks to everyone who joined.

Last edited:
This week! Got to practice...

Fyi: if there is room, you can come out and race, even if you're not going for the whole championship (all 4 races). Psycho can confirm this, but i think it's ok.

Anyone who shows up can race. There is no sign up. I listed the car colors so we didn't end up with too many of the same.

race-results-jpg.321743

Race 21: June 27, 2015 | One "RacingOtaku86" Enduro Race

Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08 | Racing Medium

Circuito de la Sierra | 11 Laps

K1st Place: Psycho-Tuber (Fast Lap - 8:15.245 - Pole)
,2nd Place: Xrad-11 (Fast Lap - 8:17.777) +50.289
s3rd Place: DolphDrago (Fast Lap - 8:20.280) +51.359
_4th Place: chocochocochip5 (Fast Lap - 8:18.747) +2:11.191
_5th Place: RacingOtaku86 (Fast Lap - 8:22.123) +2:16.559
_6th Place: micantony (Fast Lap - 8:29.913) Timed Out

whodoyouthink - DNF

TURTLE RACING LEAGUE - FLEX RACING SERIES

Back