1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
@cmbeal317 posted a video released today at the gt channel, also the gt.jp site had a description stating that the 1.06 version will be available on the 7th.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/news/00_3793638.html

Hype train, boarding now! Tickets for window seats still available!
Edit trd posted today pricing on the hardware, 86000yen
Linky http://www.trdparts.jp/release/2014_drive-logger.html
Edit 2
In the Update added on April 7, 2014, Gran Turismo 6 adds a "GPS Visualizer" feature that takes circuit driving data recorded by compatibly equipped cars and converts it into a visual replay in the game. The addition of this feature makes "Gran Turismo 6" the first officially compatible application with the Toyota's "Sports Drive Logger" going on sale from June 2nd. This movie introduces the comparison between the "GPS Visualizer" replay and actual driving footage.

Gran Turismo had been developing the technology of reproducing actual driving data in a computer graphic replay since 2007, together with Toyota and Denso. Demonstrations had been shown like that of September 2012, where an FT86 was driven on the Fuji Speedway with driving data gained there being recreated in Gran Turismo.

In the Sports Drive Logger, a real time communication system called the CAN (Controller Area Network) is used to record GPS Position, vehicle speed, engine revolutions, accelerator pedal stroke, steering angle, brake operation signals, etc, and this can be saved onto a USB memory stick. This in turn can be read in GT6, and converted into an accurate replay image inside the game.

In addition, this data can be combined with the "Data Logger" feature of GT6 to analyze the circuit driving data in-game. It is also possible then to read driving data of professional drivers to compare their driving actions such as brake and accelerator timings with your own.

Last edited:
Added telemetry?

i1PI4fvzR0ZzF.jpg

Although I'm not one to hop on a hype train, I myself find this a very useful feature for what I do in the game. I can understand though it being not a very popular feature among the masses.

Last edited by a moderator:
From the rough translation from google, i believe only someone with a toyobaru+ acess to fuji or tsukuba (for now) will be able to gather data to use this feature. Hopefully it will come with a some data from them so the majority of player will be able to use this feature.​

Last edited by a moderator:
What if you can use that data logger only on Fuji track and only one car :lol:

This update will do wonders for the 2 GT6 owners with a GT-86 and access to Fuji.

Maybe we'll get a grid full of AI on Fujii and Tsukuba based on pro-drivers' laps.
I can see a whole new dimension added to rabbit chasing Time Trials as well.
One can only dream...

Last edited:
Data logger should work on all real world circuit, the software should work as long as both tracks exist in real life and in game, that and the car that has the feature. Next car to have this will be 2015 NISMO GTR :)

Agreed, but most of the time high-value software such as this is highly proprietary...
...and profit-driven, at least at the onset. They will milk it for everything they can.

So "work" may not mean its free readily available for many tracks right away.
If I am not mistaken, the system requires installation of track-side sensors too.

Last edited:
Agreed, but most of the time high-value software such as this is highly proprietary...
...and profit-driven, at least at the onset. They will milk it for everything they can.

So "work" may not mean its free readily available for many tracks right away.
If I am not mistaken, the system requires installation of track-side sensors too.

@Jordan drove Scion FR-S at Streets of Willow using the feature, and I really doubt that PD would need to install track side sensors just to make it work.

Maybe we'll get a grid full of AI on Fujii and Tsukuba based on pro-drivers' laps.
I can see a whole new dimension added to rabbit chasing Time Trials as well.
One can only dream...

They record laps so you can't have them as AI, maybe PD can sort of use the speeds and driving techniques as reference for future gt games abit like drivatar in Forza but that's not for the near future.

As for time trials again they would be much slower and won't put up much of a challenge, it's a pretty useless feature for 95+% of GT users.

Why do I get the feeling that Toyota have paid to get this update out there with the hope of selling more GT86's or at least advertise the car. Great feature just really piss poor that the vast, vast majority of GT users will never even get close to using this. Why bother except to advertise?

Maybe when the GT6 GPS app on the mobile smart phone is available, we can all enjoy the visualizer on a track that will be created using course maker, it will be crude compared to the car/track visualizer like on GT86, but this is a sign that course maker is on the way :D

cant understand why so much negativity about gps visualiser! its a good tool, and the potencial is great!
dont devalue this or any other tool/feature just because the upadate its not about sounds or a "race creator for career mode"(my personal priority for any gt game).

it can all go only half the way and the next are just speculations, but the potencial is real! in my eyes it adds value to GT no matter what.

- might provide us a real comparation between real/virtual car performances, reinforcing the "real driving simulator".
- drivers will be able to practice and improve their real world lap times at home.
- there is a slight chance it works with data logger and course maker.
- maybe those driver's data recorded can be shared online, and you can compare, practice and improve.

This feature is amazing and revolutionary, but I dont think more than 1% of GT fans can use it!

1%, right, but it is amazing and revolutionary any way! i respect that and am exited to see what PD did with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back