1.06 Update Details

i keep being told to check download status of update file in notifications screen [np-31739-3] but I go notifications there is nothing listed
I also checked the updates for gts and the only update listed is 1.05
Did you try the method I described in my previous reply?

No, I'm not talking about a real steering wheel. It's the steering in cockpit view that is very slow to move now.

Just as an example, look at this video I just uploaded to Youtube. Notice that, when I finish the last hairpin at Tokyo Expressway, I let go of the steering and punch the accelerator to make the Audi go straight. When I do it, the car straightens up but the wheel take some time to get to center position. That is REALLY messing up my driving, because until now, the steering in cockpit view was a nice reference for my joystick inputs. That is now over. Driving the fastest Dodge Tomahawk VGT is almost impossible now, as quick changes in direction are barely represented by the steering wheel in the game.

Enough text, check the video.

So much trouble for everyone.. times deleted, braking feels like crap and steering in cockpitview is way to slow.... PD looking like a bunch of amateurs while this is the 7th GT... wauw.

I know this may sound stupid but not sure how to do that.
Highlight the game like in the picture below
20171129134418.jpg

Then instead of entering the game, press the options button on your controller and this screen below will appear.
20171129134441.jpg

Press the X button on Check For Update and follow the prompts.

I'm using a T300rs wheel. I love the changes, it makes driving the road cars more realistic and fun.

Yes, my friend has the same wheel as you! I think wheel players will say it's better, DS4 players don't feeling the brakes anymore, so they'll say it's not.

Nope, they will be part of the update 1.07 that comes out sometime in December this Year. ;)

The December update will contain 12 more cars. These are:
  • Chevrolet Corvette (C3) Stingray Convertible (C3)
  • Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
  • Ferrari F40
  • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor
  • Lamborghini Countach LP400
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Mazda RX-7 (FD) Spirit R Type A
  • Nissan Skyline (R32) GT-R V-spec II
  • Nissan Skyline (R34) GT-R V-spec II Nür
  • Suzuki Swift Sport
  • Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1)
  • Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (2013 SEMA GT Award winner)

Ohhhh, thanks for the clarification bro!!
Kinda odd that they released info on December 1.07 update already when this 1.06 one JUST rolled out haha

Since 1.06 update Ive been test driving all my gift cars now and driving in cockpit mode seems to feel much better. Not sure if its the combination of the new sound options to turn up the engine and transmission sounds along with the better weight transfer tire grips, but handling the road cars with sport tires feels realistic that Im using the cockpit camera better now and appreciating the interior designs of the road cars.

Yeah, I figure it will take me a little bit to adjust. Figure I will practice offline. Hopefully it doesn't take me too long and makes me more competitive.

Even when I can qualify ahead of you, I can't hang with you in slow turns with the pad. I'm hoping I can change that :cool:

It’s really hard to race DS4 users in slow corners. They often lose grip mid corner and you have to lift or hit their bumper. Happened twice yesterday at Brands. They think it’s intentional and try to wreck me next cornet. Even SR S drivers.

I really hope Santa gives a wheel to everyone in DR B/A/S. It’s so much more addictive and immersive. You’ll love it.

I’m terrible in qualifying sessions haha I always move up the field in races unless **** happens. I really need to improve my one last performance under pressure.

I wish they had more manufacturer badges. Like, y'know all of them? My family has bought Toyota cars the last 20 years and have always enjoyed them for what they are so I feel like representing them

It’s really hard to race DS4 users in slow corners. They often lose grip mid corner and you have to lift or hit their bumper. Happened twice yesterday at Brands. They think it’s intentional and try to wreck me next cornet. Even SR S drivers.

I really hope Santa gives a wheel to everyone in DR B/A/S. It’s so much more addictive and immersive. You’ll love it.

I’m terrible in qualifying sessions haha I always move up the field in races unless **** happens. I really need to improve my one last performance under pressure.

I tried out the new wheel yesterday (early b-day gift from wife). I was running close to my regular times. I've never ran good at Brands Hatch, I gave it a go tho. Can't say I did too well.

Today was much better at Dragon Trail. I was turning laps around 2 sec from the top 10. But, I kept trying different cars that I couldn't drive fast before... ie Viper, Vette, McLaren, etc.

I'm progressing faster than I anticipated and my confidence is building quick.

I couldn't discern much of a difference in the hand of god effect last night. After spending a good deal of time doing TC ON vs. OFF comparison in BMW M6 Gr.3 on RH, I have drawn a few conclusions. With TC OFF, there is still some weird slide/catch behavior but it mostly behaves as you'd expect within the range of slip you'd consider yourself to be in control of the car. It's only when you would have really lost it that it tries to help you and it is noticeable. They're trying to keep people in the race, I guess.

The big revelation I've come to is that with TC ON, the car is much more likely to do the weird, sudden "step-out" slide. I think this is usually perceived as the "hand of god" because it is such an abrupt, unexpected slip that miraculously catches itself. But the initiation of the slide itself is bogus, not just the hand of god catch part. I believe PD has implemented this sort of slip/catch behavior as a way of punishing people who rely too heavily on TC. Come out of a turn hard on the gas, and it will step out even more abruptly than if TC was OFF, but catch the slide quickly such that it only costs you a few tenths. It rewards you for driving like TC is OFF, I suppose teaching you to be a better driver. This is as opposed to conventional (real) TC behavior, which could never produce an abrupt slip/catch effect like that.

Maybe the problem is in more aggressive turn with TC on and forgetting about weight distribution on each tyre. And with TC off - more careful approach with proper weight balance for the turn.

I'm actually looking forward to that Ford Raptor. Might get some leagues started like SuperUtes and Thailand's Super Truck series.

At the moment, I'm having fun racing the umm, Funhaver in PC2. Add a few more like the Ridgeline, Amarok, even that Hyundai concept ute
hyundai-santa-cruz-06.jpg

Making liveries and racing these should be basic fun.

Back