1.06 Update Details

What makes it 100x better is the fact the second gif looks so damn real . That happened to me once too. My car hopped after hitting a wall.

Also 80% of the complaints are due to placebo's . . some people are crying there's less grip and others cry that there is less. Grip has increased to what it SHOULD BE ( although it's not perfect it's closer to reality than before) . Alot of prominent figures on here have pointed out grip was significantly lower than it should have been since day 1 . This idiotic notion that slippery = real is starting to piss me off. CARS DONT FEEL LIKE THAT. I've driven my 79' rx-7 ( with relatively hard shocks/stock suspension) easily 200 miles up and down a secluded mountain road for the past year on TWO tire compounds. Generic Chinese tires and Advans. Even the Chinese ones didn't feel like my car was GLIDING ON ICE . I have taken turns doing 70, and im admittedly scared to go faster on that section, but if my car EVER and I mean EVER felt like what they did in 1.05 I would NEVER drive that thing again. Alot of people fail to understand race cars and cars designed with racing in minds MORE STABLE the faster you go while taking a turn, the only consequence of going fast is overshooting the turn and wrecking. Losing teh tail happens when you break and shift momentum to the rear wheels which don't want to change direction due to the nature of real-world physics. That's why heavy breaking should be done in a straight line, not after turning, as you risk throwing teh back out. The best example was the Honda 2+2 . On 1.5 it felt like the car had inverted 4 wheel steering so it would glide going sideways on EVERY turn .. All PD did according to the few start/stop test iv done, is increase the LATERAL GRIP of tires. It now feels immensely more natural. This is why cars no longer seem to oversteer . If yal think driving on soap is realistic and fun, then fine. this update sucks.
The placebo is you thinking that driving on the street at a fast cruising speed is in any way related to the feeling of driving a car at the limit on a race track.

The placebo is you thinking that driving on the street at a fast cruising speed is in any way related to the feeling of driving a car at the limit on a race track.
70 MPH on a two-lane road downhill turn is not " cruising speeds " the only track day event i'v ever attended was held at Buttonwillow where I drove friends 82 GSL about 30 laps before his car overheated. I have thousands of hours behind RX-7's on legal and illegal roads . And no I don't " street race" , I enjoy finding mountain roads and going up them with a few friends who ensure the top and bottom are free of traffic. also 99% of people who race never drive the car to the "limit" if they did , they would all be Senna.

70 MPH on a two-lane road downhill turn is not " cruising speeds " the only track day event i'v ever attended was held at Buttonwillow where I drove friends 82 GSL about 30 laps before his car overheated. I have thousands of hours behind RX-7's on legal and illegal roads . And no I don't " street race" , I enjoy finding mountain roads and going up them with a few friends who ensure the top and bottom are free of traffic. also 99% of people who race never drive the car to the "limit" if they did , they would all be Senna.
Twist it any way you like, you aren't driving anywhere near the limit on the street like you try to do in a videogame. Comparing the two is pointless.

Twist it any way you like, you aren't driving anywhere near the limit on the street like you try to do in a videogame. Comparing the two is pointless.
Im sure tires don't feel like soap. Have you driven a GT3 Machine? Or are you going to tell me you have extensive " autocross" experience? My friend's father owns a Formula 3 team, should I ask him if his car feels like driving soap?

7HO
Around that time my youngest son was playing a PS3, my daughter had an xbox and my oldest son needed a upgrade to his PC. So I asked my boys if they both wanted gaming PC's but they told me they wanted PS4's instead. My oldest didn't really want a PS4 as we raced together on PC but his brother wanted a PS4 and he wanted to be on the same platform so they could play together. When I started playing their games I realised I liked the PS4 and thought it was a great gaming platform and was really surprised of how well games on it compared to my gaming PC. I really started to think the whole PC Master Race thing was bit silly. I started to see things I preferred about the PS4 as well. And with Assetto Corsa already on PS4 (although not as good as the PC version) and with the pre release hype of Project CARS 2 and with the talk of GT Sport having an online racing system similar to iRacing I started to get excited that perhaps sim racing could became a thing on console. I was still hesitant as I had played Forza on PC and I found it really disappointing. I preordered the deluxe version of Project CARS 2 and played it on my sons PS4 but I was disappointed. But it was when I finally got to play the demo of GT Sport that I decided to buy a PS4 Pro for myself and at the moment I am not regretting that decision at all as I'm having the most enjoyable racing I have had in years and maybe that I have ever had and I already have so many cool games on the PS4 that I don't know how i will find the time to play them all.

Well said.

Im sure tires don't feel like soap. Have you driven a GT3 Machine? Or are you going to tell me you have extensive " autocross" experience? My friend's father owns a Formula 3 team, should I ask him if his car feels like driving soap?
I'm sure they don't feel like soap in an F3 car, but then again, you aren't driving a real F3 car sitting in your living room with a toy wheel that you bought at the local big box store for $299 on Black Friday.

So both races I've done today, this has happened. You can see in the video here how the "Yellow flag" thing comes up for one second as I'm passing him. This must've happened in my earlier race, when a bunch of people were crashing into each other in turn one and I drove through cleanly and was penalized. Wtf PD. This system can't work like this. There is more flexibility and nuance to it in real life.

When you see crash ahead, you should beware those, meaning small lifting of throttle, if there comes yellow flag you shouldn't do overtaking, just keeping your place on pack, minus crashed guy on side of track.
On your video yellow flag probably would stay longer active if you followed it, but it goes away once you break it rule, you got penalty for it, so why to show flag more?

You're comparing apples with oranges mate.

What makes it 100x better is the fact the second gif looks so damn real . That happened to me once too. My car hopped after hitting a wall.

Also 80% of the complaints are due to placebo's . . some people are crying there's less grip and others cry that there is less. Grip has increased to what it SHOULD BE ( although it's not perfect it's closer to reality than before) . Alot of prominent figures on here have pointed out grip was significantly lower than it should have been since day 1 . This idiotic notion that slippery = real is starting to piss me off. CARS DONT FEEL LIKE THAT. I've driven my 79' rx-7 ( with relatively hard shocks/stock suspension) easily 200 miles up and down a secluded mountain road for the past year on TWO tire compounds. Generic Chinese tires and Advans. Even the Chinese ones didn't feel like my car was GLIDING ON ICE . I have taken turns doing 70, and im admittedly scared to go faster on that section, but if my car EVER and I mean EVER felt like what they did in 1.05 I would NEVER drive that thing again. Alot of people fail to understand race cars and cars designed with racing in minds MORE STABLE the faster you go while taking a turn, the only consequence of going fast is overshooting the turn and wrecking. Losing teh tail happens when you break and shift momentum to the rear wheels which don't want to change direction due to the nature of real-world physics. That's why heavy breaking should be done in a straight line, not after turning, as you risk throwing teh back out. The best example was the Honda 2+2 . On 1.5 it felt like the car had inverted 4 wheel steering so it would glide going sideways on EVERY turn .. All PD did according to the few start/stop test iv done, is increase the LATERAL GRIP of tires. It now feels immensely more natural. This is why cars no longer seem to oversteer . If yal think driving on soap is realistic and fun, then fine. this update sucks.
Yeh, what he said.....

Are people who are happy with the new handling on pad or wheel? I really don't know how anyone can prefer it on the wheel.

Got the day off today so I'm going to try it some more but to me the difference is like that between Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. They've completely taken all of the nuance out of it, it's just point and go now.

Are people who are happy with the new handling on pad or wheel? I really don't know how anyone can prefer it on the wheel.

Got the day off today so I'm going to try it some more but to me the difference is like that between Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. They've completely taken all of the nuance out of it, it's just point and go now.
I've been using a T-GT.

I'm using a wheel and after a couple of hours driving I think I prefer it. With traction control off it feels to me that e.g. in a GT3 car you can get a touch of oversteer and it'll lose you some time but not result in an instantaneous unrecoverable spin as was often the case before. This feels more fun to me, it means I tend to run with traction control off all the time whereas before I would often leave it off for qualifying and put a couple of bars on for the race.

It's really so subjective this stuff, though. I think with any change it's often a case of giving it some time. When I first got GT Sport I had been playing loads of PC2. At first the cars felt pretty awful and ridiculously hard to even get out of shape, but then as the game drew me in and I began to get a little quicker then I could feel more of what was going on. I mean they really are very hard to spin but I think that's because the game needs to not punish people using pads who inevitably make some fairly erratic control inputs.

If I do have a concern about the physics it would be how the improvements have amplified the hand of god. It was there before the update and it is kind of hilarious the way it works but with more grip you can be forgiven for thinking it might be stronger. I wouldn't care about it if I could turn it off.

On a different note I did my first race since the update and really enjoyed it.

One thing I really enjoyed since the update was spending pretty much all of my winnings on that AC Cobra and then taking it for a drive around in VR. Amazing fun. With no TC using a clutch and an H pattern shifter, heel and toeing the downshifts it feels quite astonishing.

Last edited:
One thing I really enjoyed since the update was spending pretty much all of my winnings on that AC Cobra and then taking it for a drive around in VR. Amazing fun. With no TC using a clutch and an H pattern shifter, heel and towing the downshifts it feels quite astonishing.
How did you get your clutch working? Mine does nothing and I have no idea how to get it to work.

GT3 cars are now driveable. ( With a wheel) and TC off.
The understeer feels right, power oversteer and lift off oversteer feel natural and controllable too.
Back closer to how GT6 felt.
Although the grass edges are very slippery.

FFB isn't quite right yet, but it still has a decent feel.
But that stupid ghosting and being dumped back in the track has to go.
Now. Make it gone ..

I didn't need to do anything, I have a G29 and it just worked.
Yeah I have no idea what is going on. There is no setting for it that I can find and I know I had a clutch at one stage and then I didn't with my G29 and I haven't had it since and still don't have it with the T-GT.

Thanks ;) I like the update now :)

I do too. I get a better sense of what the car is doing. I'm about to switch from pad to wheel. Hopefully it won't take me long to get my speed back:)

Gr4 458 had a slight weight reduction (108% to 107%), but in practice the gap seems bigger to the Citroen than before.

So, as a 'same driver' test, even though I might not be equally competent at each, for Gr4 I have the Citroen coming in almost 1 sec faster than the 458, and the Scirroco close to 2 secs faster then the Citroen. Spent most time on the 458, then only 3 laps each on the other two. Just like that I'm top of my Friend Rankings, with a 2:04.8 that I could probably better.

The Scirrocco is far less unpleasant to drive now, and boy does it shoot round corners. It's weak spot is coming out of tighter corners, but it's been reduced so much that it's now only a momentary delay before getting on full throttle.

The BoP changes were miniscule compared to this, I really don't know what they were thinking :confused: Hopefully bigger BoP changes will come soon.

Yeah, they do need to adjust the BoP some more. Especially in Gr.4. The FFs are very dominant now. I think we will see more BoP changes in the December update

Yeah, they do need to adjust the BoP some more. Especially in Gr.4. The FFs are very dominant now. I think we will see more BoP changes in the December update

N-class races still aren't fixed, and now Gr4 is dead as well :( It's a one make today and I guess they'll keep it that way until it's fixed.

The Scirrocco might be far less unpleasant to drive now, but I had some very unpleasant races with it last night. There was so much contact that very few got through with SR blue... notably those at the back - not driving Scirrocos - did better.

Driving school lap times are messes up after this latest update... i got silver instead of gold annd my time is under 18secs.
It's a bug.
You have to pass your own personal time record to receive the gold medal

In the challenges that you didn't set any time you will receive the gold medal like normal.

Also the penalties system in campaign mode is broken, so makes things even more easy in fact

OK OK its definitely growing on me. You can absolutely hammer GT3 cars now. Just ran a few laps on Brands Hatch in the Mclaren and once you realise how much you can push the car the fun starts to skyrocket again.

N-class races still aren't fixed, and now Gr4 is dead as well :( It's a one make today and I guess they'll keep it that way until it's fixed.

The Scirrocco might be far less unpleasant to drive now, but I had some very unpleasant races with it last night. There was so much contact that very few got through with SR blue... notably those at the back - not driving Scirrocos - did better.

I think it will all work out in the end. I'm sure some of it is trial and error. "Oops we nerfed/ buffed that one too much/ not enough".

I had to be different yesterday at Maggiore and ran the TT. I qualified 4th behind 3 Scirrocos. I stayed with them the whole race. Had a 7 sec gap over 5th tho.

Back