1.06 wasn't too bad, maybe for the wrong reasons.

• Thread starter covan2306
  • 54 comments
United States
MI
covan2306
So far from what I have played people seem to be a lot more stable than prior to 1.06, kinda caught on the fence wether or not that is good,(grip was bad? being babied?).
The main issue now is rather than having people out of control of their cars, now they are in control and have no idea on how to behave when behind someone. I think this is an issue PD can't actually fix, this is people, their mentality, their patience and lack of understanding that is now and has been the issue.
People need to chill, especially on 10 lap races, if you feel you are faster, apply pressure, figure out the weak spot and take the moment when it comes. Current mentality is that of a mouse trying to escape...theres a gap...in we go.
When looking to pass I spend more time making sure my run into an area I feel is better for me is a great run in, than I do trying to harass, bump and threat impossible lines.

Yeah, everyone seems obsessed with passing on the brakes instead of just concentrating on their own game and making the apexes, if you can manage to do that for long enough then sooner or later, unless he's a complete robot, then the car in front will miss one slightly and you'll get a good enough run onto a straight to just drive right on by.

Last edited:
Yeah, everyone seems obsessed with passing on the brakes instead of just concentrating on their own game and making the apexes, if you can manage to do that for long enough then sooner or later, unless he's a compete robot then the car in front will miss one slightly and you'll get a good enough run onto a straight to just drive right on by.

Or even just plan to overtake in the most obvious spot to make one. I've had so many incidents where other players have taken me out because they've been so desperate to pass me that they try and pass in completely stupid places, where they could have waited just a few more corners and got past me much more easily in a place that I can leave space and allow them a safe pass.

DR A/B SR S/A/B today, each race had 1 guy who was in the top 4 for the first 2 laps, and managed to hit everyone in the top 6 within 1st 2 laps.

People are seemingly so focused on the one car ahead of them that they want to pass, they don't see the bigger picture.

Example of that point... I had one person accuse me of brake checking early in the race, which the accusation was shortly retracted after I asked: "Did you not see the car ahead of me? I have one job, and that's NOT to hit the car ahead of me! What if you were THAT guy, would you want me to use my brakes or just punt you off the track???"

The response... "Ya, you might have a point".

The lack of vision from some people is terrifying. I try to see several moves ahead and behind me thanks in part to my using bumper cam (which gives me a mirror) and use my radar. Of course, my "one job" comment is far from true in racing, but at the start of the race, I pay closer attention to seeing the bigger picture to avoid hitting the one I'm following... it won't just affect that person's race, but potentially quite a number of sheep behind me who just seem to follow the herd blindly.

And that's just one example... but we all have stories of drivers whose "Give a 🤬 factor" is very low or non-existent, don't we???

Cheers

New SR algorithm is worse than old one. I started a race with B/S and had green arrows for the whole race, in the second to last corner 3rd place behind me didn’t even attempt to break and shove me outside, resulting in my crashing against the barrier (Kyoto). I got an orange arrow, and 10sec penalty and he didn’t get anything. I finished the game with red A. It’s seriously flawed. Under 1.05 at least both got a penalty, but now the one who crashes seems to be penalised, with the trailing driver getting an orange arrow at worst.

Last edited:
I like it when you know someone is so obsessed that they follow your line instead of their own, can make them crash n burn easy.

New SR algorithm is worse than old one. I started a race with B/S and had green arrows for the whole race, in the second to last corner 3rd place behind me didn’t even attempt to break and shove me outside. I got an orange arrow, and 10sec penalty and he didn’t get anything. I finished the game with red A. It’s seriously flawed.
It could be that S rank maxes out and your previous green arrows had no effect.

People are seemingly so focused on the one car ahead of them that they want to pass, they don't see the bigger picture.

Example of that point... I had one person accuse me of brake checking early in the race, which the accusation was shortly retracted after I asked: "Did you not see the car ahead of me? I have one job, and that's NOT to hit the car ahead of me! What if you were THAT guy, would you want me to use my brakes or just punt you off the track???"

The lack of vision from some people is terrifying. I try to see several moves ahead and behind me thanks in part to my using bumper cam (which gives me a mirror) and use my radar. Of course, my "one job" comment is far from true in racing, but at the start of the race, I pay closer attention to seeing the bigger picture to avoid hitting the one I'm following... it won't just affect that person's race, but potentially quite a number of sheep behind me who just seem to follow the herd blindly.

And that's just one example... but we all have stories of drivers whose "Give a 🤬 factor" is very low or non-existent, don't we???

Cheers
There is no "bigger picture" The game is deliberately set up so that there is nothing beyond the current race for the vast majority of players.

The one I've been finding the most frustrating is being closed out on straights after a pass. What I mean is where they pass you on a straight but then try to get back on the racing line before they're all the way ahead and push you off the track. If it was a corner I'd gladly concede the space to them but this happens on the straight where I am perfectly entitled to my line. It might not always be deliberate but how hard is it to look at your radar to see when you're all the past and can return to the racing line without hitting the car you just overtook? It creates a decision where if you fight back to try and stay on the track you risk being given a massive penalty, but if you concede you risk losing 2-3 more positions because you lift off and lose to much speed on a straight.

These are A and S SR drivers doing this too.

Last edited:
So far from what I have played people seem to be a lot more stable than prior to 1.06, kinda caught on the fence wether or not that is good,(grip was bad? being babied?).
The main issue now is rather than having people out of control of their cars, now they are in control and have no idea on how to behave when behind someone. I think this is an issue PD can't actually fix, this is people, their mentality, their patience and lack of understanding that is now and has been the issue.
People need to chill, especially on 10 lap races, if you feel you are faster, apply pressure, figure out the weak spot and take the moment when it comes. Current mentality is that of a mouse trying to escape...theres a gap...in we go.
When looking to pass I spend more time making sure my run into an area I feel is better for me is a great run in, than I do trying to harass, bump and threat impossible lines.

Just bring back GT6's ghosting system, that was brilliant for collision avoidance.

People need to remember the races are short and this will account for some peoples lack of patience to wait for a safer chance to pass.

The key is to factor this in when defending a position early in the race. Its about picking and choosing your battles really.

At the end of the day, races on a console game wont be perfect.

Just bring back GT6's ghosting system, that was brilliant for collision avoidance.
I think that ghosting should only happen when speed into corner is x% higher than logic, and for lap cars in SR B-E, Lap cars in lower SR are 90% bad people.

Cheers
If I see trouble ahead begin to back off for evasive maneuver 9 out of 10 I get divebombed or rear ended. I always screw up when someone is behind me noy because i cant stand the heat but because I'm scared the guy will punt me . And guess what 9 out of 10 they always do. Some folks just don't know how to race closely without contact. I wonder if they are using a racing line aid or some thing which doesn't consider objects ahead.

If I see trouble ahead begin to back off for evasive maneuver 9 out of 10 I get divebombed or rear ended. I always screw up when someone is behind me noy because i cant stand the heat but because I'm scared the guy will punt me . And guess what 9 out of 10 they always do. Some folks just don't know how to race closely without contact. I wonder if they are using a racing line aid or some thing which doesn't consider objects ahead.
I’m constantly amazed at how many positions I can gain just by letting some moron pass me. The way I see it, either he’s truly faster than me, or he’s overdriving. 9/10 times he’s an idiot and wrecks the next guy ahead. I gain 2 positions just by having foresight.

I’m constantly amazed at how many positions I can gain just by letting some moron pass me. The way I see it, either he’s truly faster than me, or he’s overdriving. 9/10 times he’s an idiot and wrecks the next guy ahead. I gain 2 positions just by having foresight.

Too many people try to race an entire race in qualifying mode where eventually they end up making a mistake whereas if the dialled it back a notch and raced at around 95% speed they would probably finish in a better position

The worst part is when i approach someone not as quick instead of letting me by and grabbing on to my tail so we can both catch the pack or start gapping they start battling me for p17.

The worst part is when i approach someone not as quick instead of letting me by and grabbing on to my tail so we can both catch the pack or start gapping they start battling me for p17.
Lol! So true! Hey, ya know, if not coming in dead last helps them beat depression for a day, I’m alright with that.

I'm with you on that, I'm often talking to the screen 'telling' them to 'work with me so we can catch up' but they never seem to get it!!

I'm with you on that, I'm often talking to the screen 'telling' them to 'work with me so we can catch up' but they never seem to get it!!

Maybe try backing off a bit so they spend less time defending against you as an alternative approach?

Maybe try backing off a bit so they spend less time defending against you as an alternative approach?

Well in the scenario we are discussing we are the faster car not wanting a slower car ahead to fight too much as they could benefit in following us in our bid to get even higher up the order. The frustration is that they are effectively guaranteeing that both our races end in similar positions because we end up battling each other.

So backing off doesn't help, I'm faster I need to get past so I can try and race the cars ahead. Backing off just keeps me where I am, where I don't want to be.

Well in the scenario we are discussing we are the faster car not wanting a slower car ahead to fight too much as they could benefit in following us in our bid to get even higher up the order. The frustration is that they are effectively guaranteeing that both our races end in similar positions because we end up battling each other.

So backing off doesn't help, I'm faster I need to get past so I can try and race the cars ahead. Backing off just keeps me where I am, where I don't want to be.

My point being if your within a range where your opponent has to go extremely defensive and you cant get past straight away you are probably losing more time to the other car you both wanted to catch than if you just dropped back a touch for a lap or 2 to the immediate car in front.

And then when you've both closed up to the other car you were both wanting to catch then you attack the immediate car in front

Its situation dependant but its another option

My point being if your within a range where your opponent has to go extremely defensive and you cant get past straight away you are probably losing more time to the other car you both wanted to catch than if you just dropped back a touch for a lap or 2 to the immediate car in front.

And then when you've both closed up to the other car you were both wanting to catch then you attack the immediate car in front

Its situation dependant but its another option
I think you are missing our point. Your suggestion works if the car is on pace, but if they are off then that just screws you both.

Back