1.07 update what endurence races

• Thread starter fresh11
  • 20 comments
They're an online option, categorized among Drift Trials, Time Trials, and simple Races. They are adjustable time events as well.

An endurance option for online only? PD really aren't interested in creating improvements in the offline racing anymore, no wonder the AI is still hopeless and the career mode events so limited. At least give us a damn event creator so we can create some races for ourselves!

Here's some food for thought. The game is constantly online (unless you sign out) and everyone implements metrics now so, although I do not know this as fact, it is very likely GT6 sends info back to PD. They should be seeing what is happening with their game. (btw, if they aren't doing this then they are living in the stone ages)

Of the people that I know that play the game (my in game friends, etc) NONE of them play offline for any other reason than to make money to buy more cars. Some don't even do that much. If this holds true for the majority, then it's easy to see that online should get the focus.

What is the GT5 thread buzzing about ost at the moment? Losing online. What is the big deal about modded cars? Online.

They stated answering a fellow GTP member on playstation blog that they heard us loud and clear about endurance. probably coming soon for offline. In the meanwhile enter some endurance serie! ;)

Yea i agree as well. Offline is more of a money maker. Now we had the 150%, it's mainly for offline money maker. I'd say to PD, focus a lot more online then offline. Most of us play online. Actually make the online a little more interesting.

Quick reminder about grammar/text speak ;)

But overall, i'm strangely thrilled by this, because i'm about to launch several race series which are all timed in length.

Also, the people focused solely on online racing are going into the minority. The very near future is going to be completely hooked up to the internet, so it's always going to be a developer's number one concern from now on.

Here's some food for thought. The game is constantly online (unless you sign out) and everyone implements metrics now so, although I do not know this as fact, it is very likely GT6 sends info back to PD. They should be seeing what is happening with their game. (btw, if they aren't doing this then they are living in the stone ages)

Of the people that I know that play the game (my in game friends, etc) NONE of them play offline for any other reason than to make money to buy more cars. Some don't even do that much. If this holds true for the majority, then it's easy to see that online should get the focus.

What is the GT5 thread buzzing about ost at the moment? Losing online. What is the big deal about modded cars? Online.

Maybe more people would be playing offline if PD put some work into making it better.

Maybe more people would be playing offline if PD put some work into making it better.
Game design is shifting more and more towards online. In about 5 years, I expect a few games not to have any kind of single player mode.

Since online is the clear direction, I'd think putting a bit more structure around the online racing is needed. The lobbies now are a mess to navigate...dirty racers, drag, show, club, private. Why not set predetermined PP lobbies, across each track, with set racing schedules? Just thinking aloud here..... Maybe that is already possible, but NOT hosted by a single person who can kick you out on a whim.

Since online is the clear direction, I'd think putting a bit more structure around the online racing is needed. The lobbies now are a mess to navigate...dirty racers, drag, show, club, private. Why not set predetermined PP lobbies, across each track, with set racing schedules? Just thinking aloud here..... Maybe that is already possible, but NOT hosted by a single person who can kick you out on a whim.
Ideally, that as well as normal lobbies.

random lobbys are junk, unless you are in a friends only room or a dedicated league, online is junk. What the online portion of the game needs is some sort of expierence / saftey rating, like the racing sim iracing has, and that project cars is going to implement. Without limitations of ratings in a lobby, your always going to have a dueshe ruin your expierence.

Game design is shifting more and more towards online. In about 5 years, I expect a few games not to have any kind of single player mode.

I'm personally not looking forward to that. If we get to the point where we have to rely 100% on other people to have a good time, I don't see myself buying video games anymore.

I'm personally not looking forward to that. If we get to the point where we have to rely 100% on other people to have a good time, I don't see myself buying video games anymore.
same. I'm sorta anti social,so multiplayer doesn't really appeal to me. unless I know the people I am playing with. I don't want to play.

I dont get alot of spare time to play online all the time. For me, offline is what i play 98% of the time (work,kids,family) At least with offline enduros can pause it, and continue when have the time. For me, if i spending £55 on a game, just to play online 1-2 times a week, no thanks. But still, for that, i want a full offline game, including full enduros.

:gtpflag:

Online is really moving forward. I agree with HSV010 that game produces will continue to reduce offline content over the next 5 years. Racing games will give you a garage, tracks and cars with time trial as the only option to perfect a set up to then take online to race.

I also think that it might be possible to make the A.I based on your ghost car in TT to race with so every race would be close and realistic. Just have to transfer your times across to the A.I database and away you go. That would make for a really challenging Endurance experience, having to be consistent to win instead of lapping slow A.I

Latest Posts

Back