Give it to me straight - should I buy GT7 again?

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 57 comments
The main core problems of the game still remains, and I haven't bothered to play my game since a few months ago, my PS4 has auto updated the game with the latest update and I still haven't put the disk on to check out that Civic...Coming to think of it, I regret buying a physical disk to play this game, getting my butt out of bed to put it on my console is just too much work for a game I'll be bored with in less than 5 minutes.

In the end, this is not only a bad GT game, but also a bad game as a whole.

Play something else.

Very interesting disparity in positive and negative opinions on whether @RikkiGT-R should re-purchase GT7, with extensive negative emphasis on MTX. (Which turned into a big subject of discussion here...)
As I see things the negatives outweigh the positives...

MTs are there, but I don’t see any encouragement to use them. In what way to you believe the game is designed to encourage their use?
I mean, them being there is technically encouragement to start with. As a consumer you've spent money on a product, you're incentivised to explore all it's features and get value out of them. But beyond that, there's what I described in an earlier post.
It's very much one of those things that once you've seen it you can't unsee it, and it becomes very easy to see how so many parts of the game that are just mildly annoying also seem like they would have those annoyances alleviated through the use of MTs.
Having parts of the game that are in any way annoying or frustrating in a way that is minimised by MTs is encouragement. It might not be strong encouragement, but it's there.
How competent they are depends on what they intended with the MT and how well it works. You’re assuming they the intention was to encourage players to use them, but the problem with that reasoning is that they would be used a lot more if they were a lot cheaper. Divide the prices by ten and increase sales by a factor of a thousand, revenues increase by a factor of a hundred. If they intended to design the game to encourage MTs, why did they make them so expensive? Incompetence, or something else?
You can't say that their pricing is incompetent without access to their sales data. If you have it, please make it available to the rest of us so that we can see. Otherwise, I think it's fair to assume that they priced their MTs based on what they thought would result in the most profit.

If they failed (which we can't know without sales data) it's still not necessarily incompetence if the logic used to come to those prices was sound. It's possible to make completely sensible and rational design decisions based on available data that simply don't work as expected in the real world. That's not incompetence, that's learning.
But you don’t believe they understand the basic concept of optimal price?
Where are you getting that from? Of course they do. But you seem to be taking it as a given that if something is very expensive that can't be the optimal price. That's not how that works.

Again, without access to sales data it's impossible for you to say that Polyphony's pricing isn't optimal. I mean, it's almost certainly not perfectly optimal because nothing ever is. But without information to the contrary, I think it's fair to assume that the company with access to historical and current data on MT purchases in their games at least got the pricing roughly where they wanted it to be.

If you want to say that it's not and that they should have done something else, then prove it. Not with hypotheticals, because anyone can make those up. Get some real data that suggests that they made a mistake.
That microtransactions exist is evident. It’s not accurate to characterise the game as encouraging their use. I can’t think of any game that is less encouraging towards MTs.
Okay. That's your perception. Can you understand that there's a lot of consumers out there that might not all perceive the game the way you do?

But less encouraging is still encouraging, just only a little bit. Which I think is to some extent fair, I don't think it's the least MT encouraging game I've ever seen but it's certainly one of the lower ones. I just don't get this argument that the game doesn't encourage MTs at all, because that requires ignoring basic human psychology. If something is time-consuming and difficult, people are going to look for easier ways and oh look! It's a shop where you can spend real money to avoid the time-consuming and difficult thing. How convenient!

That's not strictly true, they clearly are pushing them, it's just to waht degree that is debateable.
Do you have an example of how they are being pushed?
As for the price, they will know their sweet spot. They won't choose to price them high to put people off, that would be incompetence, it's far more likely to be a defined sweep spot based on metrics from other games selected for comparables.
It’s extremely unlikely that the current price is set at the optimal price point.

It could certainly be incompetence, but only if the goal was to maximise profit from MT.
If they reduced the price by a factor of 10, they would not get 1000 more sales. Not close. It doesn't work like that. The whales would more than likely end up spending a lot less, or at least that's probably what the metrics suggest would happen.
Whales are not immune to optimal price theory. The number of whales and the amount they spend is influenced by the price and how much value they get for their money.

Based on how the discussions are going there seems to be a general consensus among the players that the MTs are way too expensive and that you’re much better off just playing the game. That’s a very clear indicator that we’re not seeing optimal price here.

Let’s talk about the chart below. It’s for mobile gamers so it might not translate 1:1 to console, but at least it’s some kind of basis for a discussion. The killer whales spend an average of $68 per month, if they spend that on GT7 MT that would net them 7 million credits per month, which is equivalent to around five hours of game time, or around one hour per week. There’s just no reason to spend that kind of money and get so little value for it - even if you are a whale.

1696830216201.png

In contrast, you might have a small number more players who say, "why not" on occasion, but there's a good chance they wouldn't make up for decreased spending of the whales. The vast majorty would still avoid them altogether.
I can guarantee you that a majority of players would spend a lot more on MT if they divided the price by ten.

Very interesting disparity in positive and negative opinions on whether @RikkiGT-R should re-purchase GT7, with extensive negative emphasis on MTX. (Which turned into a big subject of discussion here...)
As I see things the negatives outweigh the positives...
That's probably because of how OP framed the question. I am firmly in the positive camp, I've put countless hours in and there's still tons I want to do, it's such a joy to drive. I would highly recommend it to anyone but with the caveats that I play exclusively in VR and have a group of friends who play regularly, which keeps me motivated to test, tune, and paint cars in anticipation of our next session.

From a singleplayer perspective, it seems clear that the game hasn't changed a great deal since launch, and this is the area that appears to cause most frustration and disappointment. MTX or not, it is a big grind to get all the cars. This would be more palatable for people if there was some depth to the singleplayer experience or a legitimate way to grind the credits without repeating the same 4 events.

Personally there is enough content for me on Singleplayer, the endurance missions and circuit experiences are great, and I don't mind doing one Sarthe a day to slowly accumulate the credits that I need. I do think it's a fair criticism of the game though, and I wouldn't get nearly the same joy out of it without the multiplayer side. Multiplayer is there for everybody, I thoroughly recommend it, but it seems that some people are determined not to go there.

Edit: Also, I know it's internet 101 to massively exaggerate your opinion to get a reaction, but it's really not helpful when someone asks a genuine question. GT7 is not a bad game or a tech demo, far from it. There are legitimate reasons why people don't like it, we should be able to discuss those without descending into trolling.

Last edited:
The point about reducing prices by ten to get more sales. Knowing Kaz, it could be some strange attempt at making their microtransactions like a luxury car maker. People will pay far more for an Aston Martin than a Toyota AE86.

The common player they don't want buying, they want to exploit the collectors. I personally couldn't care less about owning a Bugatti Veyron (I have one in multiple other games) , however, those who must collect will pay to satisfy FOMO.

If these microtransactions are so discouraged, let PD patch them out along with invites and legend rotation. Come on Kaz, show the players how little money they make you...

As far as the OP goes - @RikkiGT-R I will agree with a lot of the other posters here. If you were unsatisfied enough before to get a refund, I would not repurchase GT7. Some day if you end up with a PS5, you might reconsider but by then it should be on sale for a more palatable experience. I myself didn't buy it until I could get it on sale, too. I left the series after GT6 and only bought GTSport when it was on sale for under $20. Most games are worth that even if you only play it for 10 hours.

My own personal experience with GT7 has been largely positive. I play on PS5 with PSVR2 and have over 350 hours logged since February/March of this year. I also play using a wheel in a rig and I believe that this is really the best way to enjoy the game if you have the resources to afford such a set up. I usually get about 1-2 hours a day in, and I find myself wanting to play. Which is the point, I guess.

For the MTX discussion - Oh boy ... I'm hesitant to even voice an opinion because I don't much feel like getting roped into a debate with some of you. But it's kinda slow at work right now, so I can at least say my thoughts and leave.

I mean, them being there is technically encouragement to start with. As a consumer you've spent money on a product, you're incentivised to explore all it's features and get value out of them. But beyond that, there's what I described in an earlier post.
I take exception to this in particular. Cocaine is there, it exists, but I've never once in my life felt encouraged to do it. I'm not the target consumer for cocaine, sure. But there's also sooo many things to buy at the grocery store, even with ads and sales I don't buy everything in the store. These things are arguably more useful and necessary than GT7 Credits. I mean, if I don't eat i could literally die.

Just because they are there does not mean they are encouraged.

I think the biggest difference between the way MTX are executed in GT7 vs. say some mobile app on your phone is the predatory nature that seems to be missing in GT7's implementation.

There is no reward or trophy you can earn for collecting every car in the game. Eventually even if you did collect every car in the game, what now? Do you spend another $200 for another McLaren F1? Not likely. So there's likely some limit that a Whale might put toward this weird obsession to turn real money into fake cars.

You're not buying loot crates. PD could have sold you a $5 roulette ticket, but they didn't. (Thank goodness)

I think whether we like it or not, SONY is responsible for the MTX here. PD, I think, had absolutely no choice in this matter. Kaz seems to be old fashioned and, as evidence from a lot of other criticisms of the franchise, unwilling to make changes to GT7 that a lot of us would agree are easy to do. So why would it be PD's fault?

So, yes, it's a shame that GT7 has MTX. It's a shame because that's the way a lot of games have been heading. But these MTX are like the Porsche Macans or the Lamborghini Uruses of the World. A real enthusiast is or was probably very disgusted at the idea at first, but they sell like crazy and earn the companies enough money to continue to give people something that they want, in spite of the dirty practice.

Ok, that's all. :cheers:

Edit: Also, there doesn't seem to be any published statistics on GT7's revenue from MTX. At least, I can't find anything. Most of what I can turn up from a Google search is article after article about how displeased players are that they exist. Which is fair. But it would be enlightening to see just how much money they've made off of them, if any.

Last edited:
Do you have an example of how they are being pushed?
Yes, they are pushed directly every time you click on a car to buy, whether you can afford the car or not, the option to top up your credits appears. That is very much a push, it is pushed in front of your face. It might be easily ignored, you might barely notice it, as I don't, but it most certainly is pushed. They are indirectly pushed through the limited timed availability of rare cars in the LCD or from invitations too. You can interpret any indirect pushing differently, but it will encourage some players to go the MTX route.
It’s extremely unlikely that the current price is set at the optimal price point.
It might not be, hence the reason I put that it either was, or the metrics may have suggested so. It will be priced by metrics, but as you may know there are lies, damn lies and statistics, and statistics and metrics can be twisted to represent or prove many things.
It could certainly be incompetence, but only if the goal was to maximise profit from MT.
It could be incompetence, I wouldn't rule that out completely, but I think that's less likely than it being metric driven. Even if it is wrong, it'll likely be wrong due to an incorrect analysis of the metrics, which isn't incompetence by itself as with these things there is always the risk that just because a metric suggests something will keep doing x, that it can do y instead in your scenario.
Whales are not immune to optimal price theory. The number of whales and the amount they spend is influenced by the price and how much value they get for their money.

Based on how the discussions are going there seems to be a general consensus among the players that the MTs are way too expensive and that you’re much better off just playing the game. That’s a very clear indicator that we’re not seeing optimal price here.
Sure, but that doesn't dimiss optimal or a genuine attempt at optimal pricing.

I agree with the general consensus that the prices are too high, but the general consensus doesn't really matter here. I'm sure if you asked the world if they thought cars were too expensive nowadays it would be, yes they are, it doesn't stop cars being purchased in high volume. Now, I know, that's not an apples for apples comparison, people need cars more than they need Cr in a videogame, but a general consensus that a cost is high, doesn't prevent a purchase, it might just reduce the number of people who take you up on the offer.

We've recently increased the cost of our key tax service at work, and part of that was conducting an analysis of how many clients we might lose, and working out if we would be net negative or positive from the change. We're net positive, by a fair chunk, though we did have a few clients who said they were going elsewhere/would do it themselves. It is a balancing act, they could have got it wrong, I'm not dismissing that possability, but they won't have deliberately got it wrong if they have infact done so. The real issue with either of our points is we can only back them up with our own logic. We don't have, nor will likely ever have the actual metrics and sales figures for GT7's MTX's.
Let’s talk about the chart below. It’s for mobile gamers so it might not translate 1:1 to console, but at least it’s some kind of basis for a discussion. The killer whales spend an average of $68 per month, if they spend that on GT7 MT that would net them 7 million credits per month, which is equivalent to around five hours of game time, or around one hour per week. There’s just no reason to spend that kind of money and get so little value for it - even if you are a whale.

View attachment 1293670
Yes, the whales make up the bulk of revenue in all games with MTX's, but as you acknowledged, those metrics are representative of mobile games. The metrics are different for fully priced console games, and what you'd see there is an increase in non-payers and a decrease in Minnows and Doplphins, but the Whales will still make up the majority of spending by a considerable amount.

Sadly, as per the earlier comment, as interesting a topic as this is for discussion (for me at least), we'll probably never see the actual sales figures, but there are people doing what you think there is no reason to do. I know you're being general, and from a purely logical perspective, I completely agree with you, I'm not spending that much on 7m Cr, but then again, I'm also a non-spender. I'll considering buying DLC, but I've never paid for MTX's and I wouldn't in GT7 even if the price was 20 times lower.
I can guarantee you that a majority of players would spend a lot more on MT if they divided the price by ten.
More players, I can accept that, a majority wouldn't. The majority are non-spenders and minnows. They aren't chagning their habits no matter what the prices are. So you'd be looking at an increase of activity from the dolphins, but that increase would have to offset the decrease in revenue per transaction across the Dolphins and Whales. There is a logic there, they might not have got it correct but it is a legitimate pricing model. Like any, it can be done wrong, but without the sales figures it's difficult to say either way for certain.
I take exception to this in particular. Cocaine is there, it exists, but I've never once in my life felt encouraged to do it. I'm not the target consumer for cocaine, sure. But there's also sooo many things to buy at the grocery store, even with ads and sales I don't buy everything in the store. These things are arguably more useful and necessary than GT7 Credits. I mean, if I don't eat i could literally die.

Just because they are there does not mean they are encouraged.
I encourage you to look up the psychology behind product placement in a store and how that influences peoples purchases. What a store/supermarket places where, is 100% an attempt to push specific items on specific people. It's more interesting than it sounds :lol:.

Last edited:
I love the game. The time trials and daily races are the best parts for me.

The single player stuff less so, but some of the Missions especially 1 hours races are great, and the circuit experiences are a good challenge.

People have genuine criticism's of the game, but most of these people have been playing the game for hours on end. Why is that i wonder?

It's not perfect.

I dont know why people feel the need to grind out races that they dont enjoy - to get credits, so that they can buy cars that they dont really need. If you have OCD and want to own 100% of the cars, then you are going to get annoyed.

I wasn't expecting quite so many replies, so it's much appreciated - I have read them all so far.
I'm still no closer to knowing if I should buy the game again, but to be honest it wouldn't cost that much down in CEX so maybe I'll just give it a punt. I do use a wheel setup and even though GT7 was a massive disappointment in terms of single player content (which is 99% of what I do) there is still no other game I enjoy driving in more. I still have GT Sport but in just a few months time that'll be practically bricked so I'm kinda keen to play something that at least feels "switched on" so to speak.

One thing I've picked up on that has my attention - circuit experience payouts were massively improved some time after I refunded the game, and I'm given to understand I would still receive that money from my previous efforts? I heard one video mention something like 46m extra credits unless I misheard them? That would be a nice little bonus for coming back.

I wasn't expecting quite so many replies, so it's much appreciated - I have read them all so far.
I'm still no closer to knowing if I should buy the game again, but to be honest it wouldn't cost that much down in CEX so maybe I'll just give it a punt. I do use a wheel setup and even though GT7 was a massive disappointment in terms of single player content (which is 99% of what I do) there is still no other game I enjoy driving in more. I still have GT Sport but in just a few months time that'll be practically bricked so I'm kinda keen to play something that at least feels "switched on" so to speak.

One thing I've picked up on that has my attention - circuit experience payouts were massively improved some time after I refunded the game, and I'm given to understand I would still receive that money from my previous efforts? I heard one video mention something like 46m extra credits unless I misheard them? That would be a nice little bonus for coming back.
It is your decision, but if you disliked it before, you are unlikely to find the experience much different now. If you have a PC, play Assetto Corsa instead, if you're just after trying a range of cars on a range of tracks. You'd need to download mods, but that game is excellent. I have over 2000 cars and around 1000 tracks in mine. And thats after removing any cars and tracks that aren't finished/good.

It is your decision, but if you disliked it before, you are unlikely to find the experience much different now. If you have a PC, play Assetto Corsa instead, if you're just after trying a range of cars on a range of tracks. You'd need to download mods, but that game is excellent. I have over 2000 cars and around 1000 tracks in mine. And thats after removing any cars and tracks that aren't finished/good.
The problem is, I do like the economy aspect of GT and FM - buying cars, winning races (and thus, money), buying parts for cars and buying better cars and so on and so forth. I did try Assetto Corsa before but it's not really my thing. I want to drive but also be rewarded for it. Been playing GT since GT1 (which I still have), and that's the kind of experience I prefer.

The problem is, I do like the economy aspect of GT and FM - buying cars, winning races (and thus, money), buying parts for cars and buying better cars and so on and so forth. I did try Assetto Corsa before but it's not really my thing. I want to drive but also be rewarded for it. Been playing GT since GT1 (which I still have), and that's the kind of experience I prefer.
I'm with you on that, I really enjoyed GT1-4, GT5 and 6 started to get a bit too grindy in places and had fewer events than 4, and the races started to feel like catch the rabbit events rather than traditio al races with rolling/standing grid starts. But I just cannot enjoy GT7 for more than a couple of laps a time. The driving is good, but the game just feels stale and doesn't satisfy that Gran Turismo career mode itch. So it just ends up being a chore to buy and tune the cars I want to enjoy racing, which takes an age to save Cr for.

Have you tried Assetto Corsa Evoluzione? It's a mod, but it adds a GT career experience into the game. It's not perfect, and you can't modify your cars unfortunately, but it does provide a decent career experience. It's not a free mod, but it is very good.

Last edited:
If you dont have a PS5 dont waste your money.

Better off getting an SX or build a PC. If on a budget, get a SX, Game Pass, get Forza which will have constant updates, I mean better than GT7 updates.

You can't say that their pricing is incompetent without access to their sales data. If you have it, please make it available to the rest of us so that we can see. Otherwise, I think it's fair to assume that they priced their MTs based on what they thought would result in the most profit.
You'd need both their sales data and their business plan. The sales data just tells you how much of each item has been sold - not what the goal of the pricing was. You can assume that the intent is to maximise profit, but given the price of the MTs I very much doubt that it's the case.
You seem to be taking it as a given that if something is very expensive that can't be the optimal price. That's not how that works.
Here is how it works: An item can only have a high optimal price point under two conditions:
1. The item cost is high, meaning that the producer needs to set a high price in order to cover their own expenses.
2. Price elasticity is low, meaning the quantity purchased by customers does not change a lot as the price is changed.

The first condition is not met in this case, the item cost for a digital game currency is virtually zero. The second condition is trickier to determine, but the consensus in the online community is that the MTs are way too expensive and not worth buying. The fact that there are so many complaints about the price means that there's a lot of potential customers that are not buying MTs, and that is an indicator of a high price elasticity. A low item cost combined with a high price elasticity means that the optimal price point must be low, or at the very least much lower than it currently is.
I think it's fair to assume that the company with access to historical and current data on MT purchases in their games at least got the pricing roughly where they wanted it to be.
Sure, it's a fair assumption that the price is somewhere in the ballpark of where they would like it to be. It's not granted however that they would like it to be at the optimal price point, because there are other things to consider when you design a game:

1. What's the main source of revenue?
2. How do we keep players engaged for a long time?
3. What's the purpose of MTs in this game?
4. How would the MTs be perceived by the players?

For comparison, let's take a look at GTA and the shark cards. In GTA Online you can grind around 500 000 credits per hour. The best price for the shark cards are 10 million credits for $100, which means that you pay $5 for every hour of grinding that you skip.

In GT7, you can grind 1.6 million credits per hour and the best price for MTs are 2 million credits for $20, so you pay $12.5 for every hour of grinding that you skip.

Why do Rockstar charge $5 per hour while PD charge $12.5 per hour? It's very unlikely that the optimal price points for the two games are so far apart, so who got it wrong?

In fact, I don't think Rockstar set their prices at the optimal price point either, they are likely a little high as well, in order to promote long term engagement from the players.
But less encouraging is still encouraging, just only a little bit. Which I think is to some extent fair, I don't think it's the least MT encouraging game I've ever seen but it's certainly one of the lower ones. I just don't get this argument that the game doesn't encourage MTs at all, because that requires ignoring basic human psychology. If something is time-consuming and difficult, people are going to look for easier ways and oh look! It's a shop where you can spend real money to avoid the time-consuming and difficult thing. How convenient!
The grind in GT7 is definitely time-consuming, but it's not difficult and the MT option is not a realistic alternative progression path because the price is way too steep to be worth it.
I agree with the general consensus that the prices are too high, but the general consensus doesn't really matter here. I'm sure if you asked the world if they thought cars were too expensive nowadays it would be, yes they are, it doesn't stop cars being purchased in high volume. Now, I know, that's not an apples for apples comparison, people need cars more than they need Cr in a videogame, but a general consensus that a cost is high, doesn't prevent a purchase, it might just reduce the number of people who take you up on the offer.
You need to consider the value of the product and the other options that are available. Cars are more expensive nowadays than they were in the past, but there's also more value in them. They are smarter, safer, bigger, more comfortable, etc. It's not enough to state that people do buy expensive things, the value of the product is essential.

The MTs in GT7 are not expensive per se, $20 on the PlayStation store is not an obscene amount of money. The reason why it's not a good deal is because you get very little value for your money, you're effectively paying $12.50 per skipped hour of grinding - you could probably hire someone to do the grinding for you for a better price than that.
The point about reducing prices by ten to get more sales. Knowing Kaz, it could be some strange attempt at making their microtransactions like a luxury car maker. People will pay far more for an Aston Martin than a Toyota AE86.
The microtransactions don't offer anything exclusive. The person who spends half an hour per day grinding WTC700 gets the exact same product as the (hypothetical) person who spends $240 per month on MTs.

Last edited:
If PD was smart, they’d do a Black Friday, Cyber Monday and “PD Prime Day” on their MTX’s.

If they even dropped the price to $5 for, what is it….2,000,000 credits? I’d be backing up my Tundra, Raptor and Samba bus to shovel that **** in. I’d drop $50 and not blink an eye.

Last edited:
If PD was smart, they’d do a Black Friday, Cyber Monday and “PD Prime Day” on their MTX’s.

If they even dropped the price to $5 for, what is it….20,000,000 credits? I’d be backing up my Tundra, Raptor and Samba bus to shovel that **** in. I’d drop $50 and not blink an eye.
I’m not 100% sure as I haven’t looked at the MTX prices since the game released, so going purely off memory from then, but I think the highest they offer is only 2,000,000 Cr. for $20.

I’m not 100% sure as I haven’t looked at the MTX prices since the game released, so going purely off memory from then, but I think the highest they offer is only 2,000,000 Cr. for $20.
Yeah you’re right. Typo on my part

Sooo... $200 for a single car in some cases. I just can't bring myself to understand the reasoning other than "we keep screwing up Gran Turismo since GT5 and now need to make some real cash or Sony will cancel us".

Don't understand why MTs would be needed "for longevity" either when I'm still playing Gran Turismo 1 over 25 years later. And GT2, GT3, GT4... I play them all the time and feel so sad that they have this amazing technology and could create something truly spectacular, but they half-ass a cash cow instead. Idiots.

Sooo... $200 for a single car in some cases. I just can't bring myself to understand the reasoning other than "we keep screwing up Gran Turismo since GT5 and now need to make some real cash or Sony will cancel us".

Don't understand why MTs would be needed "for longevity" either when I'm still playing Gran Turismo 1 over 25 years later. And GT2, GT3, GT4... I play them all the time and feel so sad that they have this amazing technology and could create something truly spectacular, but they half-ass a cash cow instead. Idiots.
If you want an example of MTX providing longevity for a console game, look no further than GTA-Online. Shark cards have kept that thing going for a decade now. They were receiving about 2 free updates a year when I was playing it, not sure what's been going on the last couple years though.

Publishers just trying to replicate Rockstar's success.

No. The game has seen minor improvements, but nothing fundamental.

If I were in your shoes I’d wait a year or two (maybe even more), and also only if I had a PS5. Unless you’re really itching to play it again right now, but I feel you’ll just be dissatisfied all over again.

Lololol dude in a year or two they’ll have announced gt8, the community will be dwindling, new content will be non-existent, and they’ll be announcing the date they shut down the online mode servers.

If you enjoy cars, racing, driving and don't need an objective to do so, yes. If you're looking for a cool, fun racing game, no.

Lololol dude in a year or two they’ll have announced gt8, the community will be dwindling, new content will be non-existent, and they’ll be announcing the date they shut down the online mode servers.
While none of us here can precisely predict the future, the way I see it in 1-2 years GT7 will be able to be had for $10 or so and they’ll have officially announced GT8, but it will still be a solid year (probably more like 2) away from releasing giving OP plenty of time buy cheap and to do and collect everything in the game, unless they release a massive amount of new content for GT7 between now and then, which I highly doubt. GT7 at this point is (and maybe always has been) just a stopgap until GT8 releases. It will continue to get the usual updates every 4-8 weeks until GT8 launches, maybe even some afterwards.
GT7 servers won’t shut down until several months after GT8 releases, unless people stop playing GT7 en masse to the point servers are no longer necessary before then.
SIE and PD won’t abandon GT7 until after GT8 launches.

Having seen the plethora of content added to the 1.40 update (mostly single-player content), I think it might actually be worth getting GT7 once more. A load of new events added, new cars, 50 new license tests and so on.

PD read my thread and acted accordingly :lol:

I hope you enjoy it more this time round. :)
Took ages to download 1.40 so only managed a quick look before the match kicked off. Looks great!
I can actually SELL my cars now! 😱
That is a game changer alone, but all the other additions have me very excited. I’ll have a few hours later once the kids are in bed, can’t wait.

I've had the game since launch and it is still my go to racing game/sim on all platforms, including PC.
The core driving experiencing on the pad is amazing, meaning even simple "track days" with your favourite car and tracks is a wonderful escape.
Wheel racing and FFB is good enough to enjoy GT7 with wheel and pedals too.
The recent additions from 1.40 means I have lots more events to finish before I'm 100% done in the single campaign.
I really cannot complain on the amount of content in the game, especially now.
I've put in over 200hrs since launch and I have only recently discover online racing in Sport mode!!
Now that my safety rating is high enough, online racing is fun, fair and challenging.
Welcome to the club, I hope you enjoy GT7 as much as I have been.

Back