1.08 Discussion Thread

Do You Like The Changes Added In V1.08

• Total voters
I've got a question, is the 97T acceleration supposed to feel this.. I don't know how to describe it.. laggy? Using my DS3 I've never had trouble in corners feathering the throttle of any car I drive to keep the speed up, but in the 97T if I let off the accelerator just a teeny bit it's as if my foot is completely off the pedal? Then to get back on the gas it feels like there is a delay and then it kicks in. Really feels strange.

Ah sorry, just saw there was a bug thread, I'll take this to the bug thread!

I did enjoy what little I was able to play of 1.08 last night. Just wish the update didn't take AGES to download and install! :lol: I couldn't get into the seasonals because of the maintenance so hopefully I can get in there after work and try out the new VGT. Hope it's fun to drive!

edit: The bug thread is kind of dead.. hmmm. I'd really like to know if anyone experiences the weird acceleration issue I was having with the 97T. Maybe it was just my controller. I might try some different settings tonight. But I know I've never experienced that sort of thing in GT6 before.
80's F1 Turbo Lag. These things have more boost than an early FnF film.

Ok thank you for the answer crowhop & sparkytooth! :cheers: I'll just have to adjust the old driving style, glad it wasn't my controller or anything.
It's a delicate balance. I wasn't nearly comfortable enough to really throw it around the curves this morning. Maybe that will come with time and laps, but I think it is probably going to be like a Group C LMP....just glide it through the curves, wait for it to straighten up, gingerly blast the throttle.

I see we got 2 new tracks which we knew were coming but we also got a new version of Silverstone Stowe circuit with chicanes on the back straight.

Now this track is available in the Senna challenges kart race. I'm curious if they have made this version available elsewhere? I haven't had a chance to check.

If they can place cones and hay bails around the chicanes for this alternate version I would hope they would also do it for others like Suzuka and Tsukuba for example.

My impressions:

First of all I will mention all the ups of this update:
-- Two fantastic cars and one lovely kart
-- Cars sound pretty great, though not amazing. It is still a good step though and I am happy with it
-- New layouts of three tracks. Stowe circuit was meh, I mean it was still flat out the whole way down the straight, despite chicanes. But Monza and Brands Hatch were nice, esp Monza! I didn't look at the layout before hand and double chicane completely caught me out, so that was a nice surprise there.
-- Good feel to the cars. They felt solid and the physics felt reasonable. Turbo lag on the T97 was great!

Now the downs:
-- The Mitsubitshi VGT Car. Though it is another free car, which is great, it is another UGLY VGT car (in my humble opinion that is). The best of the lot was the BMW, but the GTi and the Mitsubitshi are not very nice at all. Still, a car is a car...
-- The new content, whilst being engaging, was much too short. Under two hours and I had golded each event, without any assists etc. And the only reason I think it took me that long was that it had been so long since I have played GT6, and I wasn't used to the physics. Plus I did need some time to get used to each car. THIS is my biggest gripe of this update. I love the cars, and the tracks. But I am left somewhat disappointed with the way it has been released. It was just too simple, and I am no great sim racer at all! I really wanted much more of a challenge, but instead I got a couple of hours of new gametime and two trophies for my efforts.

Overall:
I am happy with the overall update, despite the trials being too short/limited/easy. It does show promise for the future updates! And the sound was rather nice. The new VGT car, while being a surprise, doesn't give me much faith in the project. I hope the other cars (when they are revealed) have taken a leaf out of BMWs book! It gave me two hours of me focussing hard to get a nice time, and I applaud PD for that.

AS Cars: 9/10
Tracks: 7/10
VGT Car: 4/10
New events: 6/10

Overall: 6.5/10

I've been really pleased with the content that this update has brought us. The RALT F3 and the Lotus 97T both sound amazing, and the 80s track layouts aren't bad. The Mitsubishi VGT is alright, but it's nothing special, other than it can be repainted to any color.

Besides the new GT3 GTR and the VW VGT, I wonder what PD will offer in June.

Having now played through it:-

Senna cars: Kart is kinda fun, for a kart (5/10). WSR F3 is properly thrashable (8/10), Lotus is Turbo Laggy and feels slightly disconnected from the road (4/10)
1980's tracks: Poor, poor effort. I like the layouts, but the fact they've only done half a job really taints the whole thing. I welcome all tracks, even ones I don't personally like, but these are just grossly inaccurate, and that's a bad thing. Stowe circuit with cones was less boring than normal - not playable outside the challenge.
Senna additional stuff: Nicely done, but not of much interest to me personally.
MitsuVGT: Good looking, paintable, but not sure I like the engine response personally (6-7/10)

When do we get some regular cars as DLC... not futuristic cars, or openwheelers, when do we just get more of what GT is built on...?

I can forget of all minor changes and fixes or a new Vision car - Ayrton Senna Tribute is just soo perfect gift for us, thx PD for a great update! :)

I was suprised, how great the F3 sounds, it's like the first GREAT sounding car in GT :D

-- The new content, whilst being engaging, was much too short. Under two hours and I had golded each event, without any assists etc. And the only reason I think it took me that long was that it had been so long since I have played GT6, and I wasn't used to the physics. Plus I did need some time to get used to each car. THIS is my biggest gripe of this update. I love the cars, and the tracks. But I am left somewhat disappointed with the way it has been released. It was just too simple, and I am no great sim racer at all! I really wanted much more of a challenge, but instead I got a couple of hours of new gametime and two trophies for my efforts.
I agree with this. I love the new stuff, but without more actual events, it is empty.

I mean, if you're at 100% game completion, once these 5 Time Trials are done, then what? I'm still kind of "looking" for something to do within the game. There's still nothing to work toward. I never completed GT5 because driving 24 Hours around Nordschleife was above my skill level, if I'm honest. Sure, I could have taken a maxed out LMP or even the Red Bull out there and bumbled around and won the race, but I didn't want to do it like that. I wanted to do it the right way.

I've done GT6 to my standard and now I've completed it...again.

I can find decent races online on occasion, but that's more miss than hit.
I can continue my thing of tuning interesting cars and hot lapping Laguna Seca.
But without a true "prize" to work for, it is not as fun.

I'm really enjoying the new Senna vehicles. The F3 car has to be my favorite, since it caters to my driving style. I usually stick to lower powered but fun cars, and the new Ralt F3 fits right in that category.
The new classic configuration of Monza is a true blast to drive with classic cars. Joined a mate's lobby and enjoyed running my Camaro Z/28 race car alongside other historically significant cars such as the Sauber C9 and Toyota 7, as well as my mate's Lotus 97T.
My only complaint is the extreme popularity of the new Lotus F1 car. I joined a Track Day and this was the roster of cars..
20140530_103147.jpg

Last edited:
PD should have had tire wear turned on for the 97T Time Trials. I'd be interested to see if anybody could get to the Gold time needed for Brands with wear turned on.

I thought I'd finally get my update done over night and through tomorrow, then I turn on my ps3 and it says that Sony are undergoing maintenance until 11:30. Damn you Sony! :/

It's only a single lap so I doubt it'd make a difference.
With the amount of wheelspin and torque, it could potentially make a difference, especially towards the end of the lap. It could only be the matter of a tenth or two, but still that is alot

With the amount of wheelspin and torque, it could potentially make a difference, especially towards the end of the lap. It could only be the matter of a tenth or two, but still that is alot
I haven't tested in GT6, but I remember in GT5 once you turned tire wear on there was an immediate loss of grip even on fresh tires, a second or more at many tracks. And cars tended to be looser and harder to control as well.

I'm really enjoying the new Senna vehicles. The F3 car has to be my favorite, since it caters to my driving style. I usually stick to lower powered but fun cars, and the new Ralt F3 fits right in that category.
The new classic configuration of Monza is a true blast to drive with classic cars. Joined a mate's lobby and enjoyed running my Camaro Z/28 race car alongside other historically significant cars such as the Sauber C9 and Toyota 7, as well as my mate's Lotus 97T.
My only complaint is the extreme popularity of the new Lotus F1 car. I joined a Track Day and this was the roster of cars..View attachment 164042

Expect "X1/Senna F1 = KICK" or "No X1/Senna F1" in lobby titles. ;)

It's a new car that everybody has been waiting months for. Did you not expect lobbies to be full of it? Give it a month or two and people will have moved on

It's a new car that everybody has been waiting months for. Did you not expect lobbies to be full of it? Give it a month or two and people will have moved on
I've been surprised how few lobbies were dedicated to Senna the last couple of nights. I found 3 or 4 dedicated to the Lotus and the F3 respectively. For the most part it's still the usual drag, drift, cruise, RS Tire racing as per usual. The number of lobbies also seems to be down quite a bit as well.

I've been surprised how few lobbies were dedicated to Senna the last couple of nights. I found 3 or 4 dedicated to the Lotus and the F3 respectively. For the most part it's still the usual drag, drift, cruise, RS Tire racing as per usual. The number of lobbies also seems to be down quite a bit as well.

I presume that's just people trying out the new VGT and the Senna time trials. When I went online today, I found nobody online, but I presume that's just some glitch with my network. The download's pretty long as well, and maybe people don't have the time to do it.

It's just the fact that this is the weekday activity and people aren't home right now to play online, so you just have those annoying little kids going "Raisssss softs on street cars guise lets drift them too and bumper cars plox all aids on too"

Is it just me or have the handling of some cars changed? I was in an online NASCAR race and my car felt very different and could not turn in the draft well after 1.8.

I haven't tested in GT6, but I remember in GT5 once you turned tire wear on there was an immediate loss of grip even on fresh tires, a second or more at many tracks. And cars tended to be looser and harder to control as well.
Did this last night in a 500pp '91 RX7 with SH tires at Tsukuba with ABS 0. Couldn't believe it was the same car. Totally different physics with Tire Wear than without. Much harder to handle. Required different tuning.

Even tried adding Camber and it was different. Hard to say if Camber "worked" with Tire Wear or not...but it was different. Hours of more testing would be required. Not minutes.

Back