1.10 How much better is the AI?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smackinjuice
  • 51 comments
  • 7,150 views
I've definitely noticed a difference. They no longer stop in mid-turn if your close.

Also if you pass then outside, or inside, they give you way more room than they ever have before.
 
They are definately better, but still a long way from perfect.
 
They will hold aggressive lines sometimes. I know yesterday when I was finishing the Ferrari F1 Seasonal I got PIT Maneuvered by an AI. They also draft each other, and sometimes you.
 
Apparently, in championships, they don't start on drys when the race is wet and vice versa, just because of what they were running on in the previous race.
 
They don't slow down when you overtake them... and they seem to be a lot faster than before... but they still have way to go before they can really challenge you for your money over a long period of time...
 
Yeah, I noticed a good leap forward. Far from perfect, but better :)
 
PD uses the phrase "search range of opponent AI has been expanded"

Isn't it fun how we're supposed to guess what exactly that means?

From what I can tell:

-The 'gas-brake-gas-brake' routine during corners has been reduced a fair amount. What in the world was up with that, anyway?

-They seem to recognize you getting close to them and will move out of your way, albeit a touch too politely.

-I've noticed a few more crashes by the A.I. - but these crashes often happen at the same spot on certain tracks, lap after lap (the nurb GP course, final chicane comes to mind) so I'm not sure if this isn't an old problem. A.I. crashing randomly is a beautiful thing, but not so much for the ill-programmed 'bad spots' on some tracks.



Overall the A.I. is still not programmed to act like race drivers- I am still forced to add a large weight ballast and limit engine power significantly in order to have a fun race in practice/one-make races. Must we go through such pains to have a good time with this dull training weapon we call Gran Turismo?


.
 
Since I enjoy trying oddball cars out on the Supercar Eifel race my vote is that about half the AI drivers there should receive lifetime track bans. Don't think I've seen a single one concede me the driving line. And I'm still getting rear ended, side swiped and short stopped. About the only change in the AI on that race is now they love to pile into all the corners 2 and 3 wide when I'm closing on them. Funny how they generally maintain single file if I'm not around.
 
Last edited:
They will hold aggressive lines sometimes. I know yesterday when I was finishing the Ferrari F1 Seasonal I got PIT Maneuvered by an AI. They also draft each other, and sometimes you.
I was drafted by and ended up towing a XJR9 while in my FGT at Indy. All down the backstretch 230+ entering turn one. He was still a good car length back, couldn't (or wouldn't) pull up any further I guess but he stayed right there.

Was great watching him approach in my mirror though, especially with most of the rest charging behind him.
 
Yes, they have been improved in the way of them giving room and not overreacting with throttle/brakes, but I was still spun by the 3rd place car because they were hogging the racing line, then t-boned by the 5th place car and sent off the track.
 
I swear I was doing one of the Lamborghini seasonal events and on the very last lap on the very lat turn one spun me out..

:(
 
Aren´t the Seasonals scripted ??
=> there is no AI in those races.

Only the A-spec/B-spec AI has been evolved. And I think PD did a good job. There is still improvement to make but I can wait for that :D
 
there is a big difference, i went on arcade mode on the TGTT and blocked the hammerhead, follow through ect.
The A.I did move over and go around me alot further back from what they normally did, hey they hit me sometimes though :) lol -_-
 
they are maybe 25% more agressive, still too slow compared to human players though.
 
they are maybe 25% more agressive, still too slow compared to human players though.

race them using the same car that they are. with the same tyres. with the same Power. then tell me your better
 
They don't slow down when you overtake them... and they seem to be a lot faster than before... but they still have way to go before they can really challenge you for your money over a long period of time...

They most certainly DO still slow down when you overtake. Was doing the French seasonal today at Mt. Aso and I could hear them time and time again cutting the throttle after i passed (when exiting a corner).
 
The A.I is still easy to beat regardless of tires and PP(IMO). I used a stock 08 typeR civic on Comfort softs easily winning the Honda Seasonals. I do agree the A.I is better, but not great.
 
I've seen them battle with each other, taking different lines and doing late braking moves, I definately noticed some changes.

But in B spec I noticed that my driver acts a bit different as well. When he gets into trouble running off track or spinning while he's "pacing up", he will immediately start to "pace down" on his own.
 
They give me more room for overtake if my car is faster.. and they seem to react faster and make more crashes.
 
race them using the same car that they are. with the same tyres. with the same Power. then tell me your better

I am better, and anyone with the slightest experience will easily agree.

It's simple, really. Go to Practice/One-Make race with any car. If I must add 50kg AND reduce my engine power to 85% just to make it a close race, then we have a major problem. They should be able to handle me at 100%, no sweat- as I am not fastest guy around, trust me.

They will smoke me on the straights- but I can pass them all with ease in the corners (with the same tires). Thats garbage.
 
Oh the ones in the new seasonal events aren't the "better" AI's?
 
This thread came in under the radar in the past week, but there is already another thread about the AI.

Merging the two, but it will be messy. Hold on.
 
Back