1.10 update problem

• Thread starter Bfc_1882
  • 51 comments
England
Burnley
Bfc_1882
Is anyone else experiencing game freeze on either as the race is loading up or just after it finishes on seasonal events and endurance races ????

Is anyone else experiencing game freeze on either as the race is loading up or just after it finishes on seasonal events and endurance races ????

Yes, has happened to me 4 times in Seasonal and once in a B-Spec race.

yes, my first game freeze since purchased 7 months ago, after an Eifel Supercar seasonal exit. (game was still saved, and fine after restart)

Yes I'm all upto date and even uninstalled all game data then re-installed it plus all updates so my ps3 is totally updated and gt5 game is updated to 1.10. From what I can workout it seams to be the 1.10 gt5 update that is the problem.

Hi,

I'm having frustrations with respect to GT5 update 1.10.

I'm not allowed to FINISH a race, by this I mean, I actually finish the race but GT5 doesn't state, FINISH, when I cross the finishing line.

I have not had any issues with GT5 since I purchased the game back in November 2010.

Having the same problem as Volkswagenism. Not all the time but once in a while. Very frustrating if it happens after a 5 race set. You loose all cr. earned in the 5 races. Only seems to happen doing seasonals. Is this a 3.65 or 1.10 problem?

Hi Guys , i have had gt 5 since launch in november and have not used my ps3 online. I am considering doing all of the the online updates for the game but have noticed that many people have had issues with each update. As i have no desire to play online would i benefit from theses updates ?

GO 4 IT

I have had this happen and since the update there seems to be some long times of just a black screen after the race is over and you are returning to your home screen. Some times so long I thought it had powered off.
I also see some races the screen flashes, particularly on the left side, six, eight or ten times like a old movie.

i had this problem happening to me as well, with gt5 and other games. i figured it was something wrong with my ps3, because the odd time i would get an error code, i dont recall what it was, ended up replacing my 80gig fat with a 250gig slim, havent had it happen since, not sure if that was the problem, but it certainly fixed it for me. this was back in january, not sure what update that wouldve been on, but i always keep them updated to the newest

Ok guys, I have had this problems for a couple days now and it PISSED me off.

So I decided to do a few things and didn't EVER have the same problem since.

First thing I did was delete game cache from the options menu.

Then I did pre-install game data also from the options menu. I had it already pre-installed so it took like 3 minutes. I did NOT erase all game data first, so basically, I pre-installed pre-game data twice.

Lastly, I put the race BGM to original (Not personal BGM). I think this last step was the main solution.

Like I said, had zero problems ever since. And, of course, this may not work for everyone.

If it DOES work, let us know! :]

Well I'm just downloading ps3 3.65 update to USB stick coz I thought re-installing that might do it but I will try your little tip before I do I'm just in the process now of replacing the game cache. I'll let you know when ive tried it

Thanks bfc_1882

I've taken the user BGM off and put back to normal I did this before installing the data to speed up load times tested it on a seasonal and it worked ok but I've only tried 1 race so far I have now decided to install the speed up data and next I will try sone more races. Won't be able to do it tonight as I have work in the morning but will update forum after work but first signs look good. Thanks mate on the info

I've taken the user BGM off and put back to normal I did this before installing the data to speed up load times tested it on a seasonal and it worked ok but I've only tried 1 race so far I have now decided to install the speed up data and next I will try sone more races. Won't be able to do it tonight as I have work in the morning but will update forum after work but first signs look good. Thanks mate on the info

No problem buddy 👍

1 in 5 races for me won't load.. Bar gets to 100%, music keeps playing, race never loads.

I have not made any bgm mods ever..

Has got to the point where gt is almost unplayable for me.

Is your ps3 on 3.65 and gt5 game on 1.10 update. And have you reinstalled the game data (not game save data)???

1 in 5 races for me won't load.. Bar gets to 100%, music keeps playing, race never loads.

I have not made any bgm mods ever..

Has got to the point where gt is almost unplayable for me.

Yea but that's a different problem not regarding my solution. The problem I was stating was that it doesn't let you finish a race after you've finished it. Like the game would go on after the race ends but there is no, "continue" or "exit" and it doesn't even show the rankings!

The load times definitely seem longer for me. I worry that it is going to lock up but it eventually gets to where I need to be.

Well a-specUA6 it worked for me reinstalling game data and turning off back ground music. Thanks mate your a star

Can't add anything helpful im afraid, but just log another freeze up problem:
When i go on the time trial event in Rome with the Citroen, the game freezes up just before i complete my first lap?
I have to quit the game and reload, but i have tried several times to complete the Rome time trial today with the same freeze up result just before completing a lap.
I have already logged a time in the event a few days ago, but one of my mates has beat my time, so i wanted to try and get back in front.
All other aspects of the game seem to be fine, and i have not had any problems with the game since release.

Just to update on my time trial freeze issue above.
I have just found that if i do not load the ghost data, the time trial works ok.
I have just beat my existing time, and saved the new ghost data, and that works ok.

thinking back, i was always behind the ghost and it froze as the ghost was finishing in front of me, and resetting for a fresh lap.
i figure the save data for the ghostie must have been corrupt, as everything works fine now.
So probably nothing to do with the 1.10 update at all?

I'm having the issue with after the races are done, the game just keeps doing laps. This has to be an issue with the latest patch. Bummer.

Was having the same race end issue with the cars just doing slow laps and the finishing order never coming up. Can pause the game, but the small pop-up menu doesn't show itself. Every freaking race!

I hate BGM during races but had done Amar's trick of selecting User BGM and picking a mute audio file loaded on my PS3. That way I didn't get the background music but still got the end race and trophy jingles doing licence tests.

I disabled the User BGM only and the issue has been resolved.

Back