1/4 Drag strip on the TGTT

  • Thread starter Thread starter calan_svc
  • 50 comments
  • 3,744 views
M3 seems to be about 1 second slow. Z4M is slightly slow.

This is probably due to a tire variance.

I would be amazed if GT5 cars actually matched IRL. Within 1 second or so is pretty good for a game where there are so many variables and physics issues.

My main point here was to have something close to a 1/4 mile to see if the times are "reasonable", and to compare the game cars to each other.

*****

EDIT:

Just found an R & T data sheet where the '08 M3 coupe ran a 12.5... so again it's within reason.
 
I would be amazed if GT5 cars actually matched IRL. Within 1 second or so is pretty good for a game where there are so many variables and physics issues.

My main point here was to have something close to a 1/4 mile to see if the times are "reasonable", and to compare the game cars to each other.

1 second is way to huge of a margin.:indiff:
 
1 second is way to huge of a margin.:indiff:

OK... 0.5 second. :)

But given GT5's tire model, low-speed physics issues, timing inaccuracy, difference in curb weights and HP (compared to IRL), etc... I'll settle for that.

@RacecarBMW - What is the HP and weight of your M3 Coupe?
 
Somethings wrong if a ZR1 is doing 10's.

ZR1 can do 10s, I've seen a Z06 run 11.3 @ 126 mph hitting the rev limiter just before the finish line. He was promptly ejected from our drag strip for running faster that 11.5 with no cage. ZR1 with 100+ more HP and drag radials could do it no problem, which is probably close to what you would have with soft tires in GT5, I guess. Would take a good driver to do it with production tires.
 
OK... 0.5 second. :)

But given GT5's tire model, low-speed physics issues, timing inaccuracy, difference in curb weights and HP (compared to IRL), etc... I'll settle for that.

@RacecarBMW - What is the HP and weight of your M3 Coupe?

Gearing is off too, should be able to finish the 1/4 in third with the Z06 and ZR1
 
OK... 0.5 second. :)

But given GT5's tire model, low-speed physics issues, timing inaccuracy, difference in curb weights and HP (compared to IRL), etc... I'll settle for that.

@RacecarBMW - What is the HP and weight of your M3 Coupe?

426 hp

1655 kg

I just did an oil change

Im going to run the M3 again ill see what happens

EDIT : I don't know if it helps but I had TCS set at 1
 
Ferrari Enzo 673 hp / 1255 kg


1st pass ---------- 10.99
2nd pass---------- 11.17
3rd pass ---------- 11.16

Average ---------- 11.107

I did an oil change why is it 673 hp
 
Ferrari Enzo 673 hp / 1255 kg


1st pass ---------- 10.99
2nd pass---------- 11.17
3rd pass ---------- 11.16

Average ---------- 11.107

I did an oil change why is it 673 hp

That actually looks just like the last figures I saw.
 
Ferrari Enzo 673 hp / 1255 kg


1st pass ---------- 10.99
2nd pass---------- 11.17
3rd pass ---------- 11.16

Average ---------- 11.107

I did an oil change why is it 673 hp

Cool deal. My Enzo has 7 more HP, and I ran an 11.04. So our results seem to match
 
ZR1 can do 10s, I've seen a Z06 run 11.3 @ 126 mph hitting the rev limiter just before the finish line. He was promptly ejected from our drag strip for running faster that 11.5 with no cage. ZR1 with 100+ more HP and drag radials could do it no problem, which is probably close to what you would have with soft tires in GT5, I guess. Would take a good driver to do it with production tires.

Damn health and safety!
 
I just did a rerun and My M3 has similar time as what I posted earlier.

Calan_svc should I continue testing BMW's or do you have a car list I should test right now?
 
ZR1s should do 10s on a real strip, the times look about right for that, but this isn't a real strip, it's just a measured line of pavement. there is no extra grip on the first 60 feet and no timing system, and for that, the ZR1 is probably about 2 seconds faster than it would really be (again, going down a 1/4 mile stretch of runway with no special preparation)
 
Me thinks that if the OP doesn't become a leaderboard with times, setups, evidence, names and the such i may have to make a new thread. I would love to see this turn into a leaderboard where people can see how to setup drag cars

As i said, you better be quick as i'm thinking about doing it, now that i have a reliable testing strip 👍
 
They could easily make and add a 1/4 mile drag race seasonal time trial, DO IT PD!!! Permanent would be more awesome though.
 
Me thinks that if the OP doesn't become a leaderboard with times, setups, evidence, names and the such i may have to make a new thread. I would love to see this turn into a leaderboard where people can see how to setup drag cars

As i said, you better be quick as i'm thinking about doing it, now that i have a reliable testing strip 👍

Go for it... I just want to get times for all the cars in stock form for comparison. :)
 

Wrong. We've been there, done that on the first page; stock ZR-1's have run 10's multiple times.

Let's not turn this thread into a debate on what IRL cars can run please. :)
 
Do you guys ever expect them to put a 1/4 mile drag strip in an update?
 
Back