1/4 Drag: The Car Classes

• Thread starter DLR
  • 416 comments
I know... but why put traps speeds of the "1/4 mile" when no one drags to that?
*Almost* everyone drags to the shadow. Including all the "pro" tuners.
See where I'm coming from?

Everyone drags as far as they can without hitting the wall. With ACRs and Enzos it is more difficult because they get up to such high speeds, but with muscle, we rarely stop at the shadow...

Everyone drags as far as they can without hitting the wall. With ACRs and Enzos it is more difficult because they get up to such high speeds, but with muscle, we rarely stop at the shadow...

lol you're still the only person i've ever seen drag past the shadow

I know lots if you will say "Hey I beat a car from a higher class!"; well yea, these are if the cars are properly tuned. I have beat an Enzo with my Dodge RAM before so a tune matters a lot.

my audi r8 (not broke in and suckish tune) has beaten vipers (acr & gts)

Cool story bro.

Hey, you should make one these for SSR7. A bunch of us Indy guys are preparing for an assault on SSR7 drag rooms and we would like to know what speeds we should be hitting :)

Exactly. Besides, you can easily tell who would have won had you gone an extra 30 yards(most of the time).

I let off and hit the brakes once I cross the shadow.

I will say it again. The shadow is the end of the race at Indy, ask 99% of the people that race there.

I let off and hit the brakes once I cross the shadow.

I will say it again. The shadow is the end of the race at Indy, ask 99% of the people that race there.

I mash the gas 'till I hit the wall.. F:censored: YA DESTRUCTION!

Nevermind. ~Turtle
turtle.gif

Last edited:
are you serious the ACR viper in a drag race _- ha ha

the ACR is about downforce and cornering ..
not abot top speed _-_ the ferrari 458 wont just eat the Acr it'll smoke it ..

sidenote .. the viper is my favorite car ever but even i know what the Acr is for and drag racing is not one ..

Such an epic ignorant post... lol

And as it stands, SSRX changed things a bit.... now no longer is the GTR king.

Last edited:
lawl seriously?

best time on leaderboards for GTR Vspec is 9.033, ACR 8.992. Unless he meant black edition, which was never killed by a viper.

Yep. I Was talking about the Spec V. Now, the ACR, Lemans,ZZII, Aventador etc... all beat it with faster times (at SSRX as compared to the past at Indy).

Of course, online a lot other variables come into play. Which could lead to Spec V's still winning "drags" against these cars.

Yep. I Was talking about the Spec V. Now, the ACR, Lemans,ZZII, Aventador etc... all beat it with faster times (at SSRX as compared to the past at Indy).

Of course, online a lot other variables come into play. Which could lead to Spec V's still winning "drags" against these cars.

My ACR does 8.996 at SSRX and my SpecV 9.040 and at indy my Viper has about half a car.

It really is closer at indy, but its more reaction times in a drag these days as everyone is getting better.

My ACR does 8.996 at SSRX and my SpecV 9.040 and at indy my Viper has about half a car.

It really is closer at indy, but its more reaction times in a drag these days as everyone is getting better.

Why I pretty much called it quits.

Why I pretty much called it quits.

I'm pretty much done now as I have a hecticly busy university timetable that starts next week and Ii also need time for my missus. I'd prefer to have a challenge rather than just beating people every time

I'm pretty much done now as I have a hecticly busy university timetable that starts next week and Ii also need time for my missus. I'd prefer to have a challenge rather than just beating people every time

You are studying at University and you think "Hecticly" is a word?

Mother of God!

sidenote .. the viper is my favorite car ever but even i know what the Acr is for and drag racing is not one ..

:eek: Are you KIDDING me? the acr destroys in a 1/4 drag.

:eek: Are you KIDDING me? the acr destroys in a 1/4 drag.
Ignore him, he's has no idea about drag racing.

DLR
I knew I'd get a lot of hate for this, but oh well :lol:

Speed 12 and F1 beating a Veyron? Sorry mate but in what world does that happen?

"American Muscle cars and some others go here."

Hey it was early when I did this :D

No way an RX-7 can beat a Supra if they both have great tunes. And Drag Racing being dumb? There are dumb people in drag racing but drag racing is not dumb. In fact it is much harder than circuit racing IMO because you win or lose depending on your car's tune, not your driving ability.
I disagree on the "ability to drive" subject. If you miss your shift point, even by 100 RPM, you just lost speed. 1 mph is all the difference you need. It has everything to do with driving abilities AND tune. Thanks for the post though! Helped me tune my Chevelle :D

Woooooooow...I guess you proved us wrong. Oh by the way, Vipers, yeah they STOMP 90% of the cars out there drag racing. Yeah give it a try sometime, I launch in 3rd gear and am down the track in around 9 to 9.5 (not sure cuz its not exactly tuned yet). Point proven, might not wanna say anything if you don't know what you're talking about, friend.

lukevan2448
Woooooooow...I guess you proved us wrong. Oh by the way, Vipers, yeah they STOMP 90% of the cars out there drag racing. Yeah give it a try sometime, I launch in 3rd gear and am down the track in around 9 to 9.5 (not sure cuz its not exactly tuned yet). Point proven, might not wanna say anything if you don't know what you're talking about, friend.

9-9.5 is a bit slow my friend... but yeah I launch in 2nd

Back