$12 on PSN right now...worth it?

• Thread starter Roadrunr72
  • 31 comments
United States
United States
Roadrunr72
So I dont have a wheel but for $12 it has to be worth it right? Of course, in 2-3 months I'll be buried in games with MLB the show, Uncharted 4 and Dirt Rally coming out (and still too many games to finish as it is...

Good thing I upgraded my drive last weekend, seems I am going to need the space...

As everyone else said, yes it's worth it. It does have mindbendingly frustrating bugs at times, but when it's good (which is most of the time) it's very very good. It's so good I bought it twice & for $12 you really can't go wrong.

And at $12, you could buy it...and probably all of the DLC and still be way under the $60 normal pricetag (or is it $50?).

Let us know your thoughts after sometime with it. Just with all the mixed feelings i would like to know yours. Personally I have had a good time with the game. Thats what its all about right!!! People, Including me at times but try not to be, have become quite critical of how a game should be these days. Back years ago you had to wait on a magazine article or commercial to find out anything of a game being created. SMS was open with there development which created a need for the game just like a drug for an addict. There is one thing for sure, I believe SMS set out to make a incredible sim for all of us to enjoy. That was there driving force though they fell short on some things and bugs ect. ect., The idea they had before the first line of code was written was sound. I believe that. Could they have handled things differently, Yes. I wonder what the overall verdict for the game would have been if a couple of months before release, they advertised the game as games use to be. Would are prospective of it been different? From what i have read about writing code and physics code to try and get a better prospective on how tough it is, let me tell you. MIND BLOWN!!! I can say one thing for sure, the emotional impact the game brought to the table has been quite a site to see. It has been one hell of a ride following this through development till now. It has been the best Soap Opera i have ever been apart of. And Ive loved it!!!!!! In the end all that really matters is what you feel after playing it. And I hope it brings you just as much enjoyment as it has for me. Ive meet alot of new friends with this game and that has been a blessing in itself. Peace My friend!!! :gtpflag:👍 :cheers:

I bought this yesterday. I was very lucky, since I was about to buy the game anyway, at full price.

It's $16 (for non PS Plus users), and it even includes the Limited Edition Upgrade (which is $5 on its own).

Good stuff. 👍

Wait, $12?

I didn't enjoy this too much when I first played a few months ago, but I guess I could try again.

Do you guys recommend any DLC in particular?

I have a few $$ left in my PSN US wallet...

I'd get any DLC with tracks personally...and then it's all up to you whether or not you like the cars in the DLC packs. The most useless one to me so far is the Japanese car pack, a bunch of road cars and a P1 I don't like to drive. The Lotus expansion is awesome, but only if you like historical cars. Renault isn't too shabby. The Audi pack is worth it even if just for the IMSA GTO which is outstanding.

Do you guys recommend any DLC in particular?

I have a few $$ left in my PSN US wallet...
I'd suggest playing for a while and then deciding. You can figure out which kind of cars you like to drive, then look for DLC that is along the same lines. You might be surprised at what kind of cars you enjoy driving in PCars. They all feel and sound quite different from each other and dramatically so, as is the case in all sims. Once you find a preference, if any, it'll be easier to decide. Have to keep in mind it's not a GT style game where you can mod the heck out of a car and slap on racing slicks. You only get the kinds of tires that would be available for a car in real life so the cars will all handle similar to real cars. It makes a big difference as you'll find out soon enough and might influence which cars you really like.

Yes, it's definitely worth it. The only reason not to buy PCars for $12 is if you hate racing games.

Iirc the digital edition includes the Limited Edition Car Pack (5 cars), all the remaining paid DLC totals $34.50 (35 cars, 3 new track locations, 2 classic layouts), and there's 7 free cars. So, $46.50 if you decide to buy the game + all DLC.

So, umm...

Will I have to check this on my PS4 itself?
procars.png

Because according to this, it's still full price. :indiff:

I'd suggest playing for a while and then deciding. You can figure out which kind of cars you like to drive, then look for DLC that is along the same lines. You might be surprised at what kind of cars you enjoy driving in PCars. They all feel and sound quite different from each other and dramatically so, as is the case in all sims. Once you find a preference, if any, it'll be easier to decide. Have to keep in mind it's not a GT style game where you can mod the heck out of a car and slap on racing slicks. You only get the kinds of tires that would be available for a car in real life so the cars will all handle similar to real cars. It makes a big difference as you'll find out soon enough and might influence which cars you really like.

I agree on this advise and to add on to this , if you have PSN + (play on line ) try to find host that is using the car or track that you want to try out ,jump in and give it a try . SMS set it up so can use all DLC online if the host has it.

FS7
It's on sale on US PSN, $16 for regular users, $12 for PS+ users.

On sale in the Canadian PS Store as well for $20 CAD

I already own a physical copy as it was on sale for $24 CAD during boxing week

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    48 KB · Views: 17
In theory you can just buy it from the US PSN store with a US account and top up card right? That's how it worked in the PS3 days.
It works on PS4 too, I've bought content from both US & UK PSN and they all work fine.

Back