125cc shifter cart @ gran turismo area nearly impossible to win?

  • Thread starter Thread starter stressfrei
  • 51 comments
  • 4,447 views
As QuattroDelta said earlier I found in order to get a competitive edge on them set the max speed of the gearbox to the lowest for more acceleration. I found I was able to keep up with the karts then & slowly get around them around corners.
 
I have GT5 100% completed including the RedBull Challenge. The X drives and handles completely different to the carts in GT6, while the X car is glued to the ground and you "only" have to get used to the Speed and the reaction time you need to not drive it into every wall the carts have serious traction issues, coupled with the unfair race, this cart challenge is way more difficult than the RedBull CHallenge in GT5.
I wasn't comparing the handling characteristics, I found the X challenge in GT5 way more difficult than anything in GT6...
 
The x button is also pressure sensitive, not only full throttle or nothing.
True it is, but I never found it particularly useful as a throttle control back in the days when I played racing games with a DS.
neiither is the right stick but both offer too little "travel"
I used to play racing games with a DS3, before I got the G27, and never really had a problem with throttle and braking. The travel is fine IMO... if anything is wrong with those buttons, it's that the spring (I'm guessing there's a spring in there at least) could perhaps stand to be be a tad stiffer.
 
DNW
True it is, but I never found it particularly useful as a throttle control back in the days when I played racing games with a DS.

I used to play racing games with a DS3, before I got the G27, and never really had a problem with throttle and braking. The travel is fine IMO... if anything is wrong with those buttons, it's that the spring (I'm guessing there's a spring in there at least) could perhaps stand to be be a tad stiffer.

yea been playing with the ds3 too before my g25
i remember when i let go of the gas quickly it would actually trigger breaking for a mini second lol because of the way the stick "force" pushes itself into position
i never actually tried driving with l2 and r2, i believe it was gear down and up
 
Before my DFGT I also used the DS3, D-Pad for steering, R2/L2 for gears, X gas, square brake, O hand brake...
 
yea been playing with the ds3 too before my g25
i remember when i let go of the gas quickly it would actually trigger breaking for a mini second lol because of the way the stick "force" pushes itself into position
i never actually tried driving with l2 and r2, i believe it was gear down and up
I always used the L2/R2 for brake/throttle. I did try the right stick a few times, thinking that I might have better control, but I was completely useless with it. From memory I think I'd generally use X and Square for gears. Makes more sense to me than having two fingers right next to each other on the same hand handling braking and downshifting in a braking zone.
Before my DFGT I also used the DS3, D-Pad for steering, R2/L2 for gears, X gas, square brake, O hand brake...
I was a bit :odd: at "d-pad for steering", but I suppose really... that's pretty much how I used the left stick. Too hard to make fine adjustments, so I was basically just slamming the stick one way or the other. Now that I think it about it, probably would have made just as much sense to use the d-pad. :lol:
 
DNW
I always used the L2/R2 for brake/throttle. I did try the right stick a few times, thinking that I might have better control, but I was completely useless with it. From memory I think I'd generally use X and Square for gears. Makes more sense to me than having two fingers right next to each other on the same hand handling braking and downshifting in a braking zone.

I was a bit :odd: at "d-pad for steering", but I suppose really... that's pretty much how I used the left stick. Too hard to make fine adjustments, so I was basically just slamming the stick one way or the other. Now that I think it about it, probably would have made just as much sense to use the d-pad. :lol:
My D-Pad strategy was more of a pulse or quick tapping, replays looked funny because of the wheel flicking. It did the trick though. I started that in GT1, stuck with it through all versions excluding GT6, got my wheel during GT5 and I restarted my career after I got it.
 
I have GT5 100% completed including the RedBull Challenge. The X drives and handles completely different to the carts in GT6, while the X car is glued to the ground and you "only" have to get used to the Speed and the reaction time you need to not drive it into every wall the carts have serious traction issues, coupled with the unfair race, this cart challenge is way more difficult than the RedBull CHallenge in GT5.
Crap!
 
I wasn't comparing the handling characteristics, I found the X challenge in GT5 way more difficult than anything in GT6...

Ye you werent, you were just being a smartass "uh-huh I guess you didnt complete that one.. nuh-huh you didnt".

Talking about your driving skills to yourself again? you Need to stop putting yourself down man.

Anyways, thanks guys for the tipps and the heads up.
 
I have GT5 100% completed including the RedBull Challenge. The X drives and handles completely different to the carts in GT6, while the X car is glued to the ground and you "only" have to get used to the Speed and the reaction time you need to not drive it into every wall the carts have serious traction issues, coupled with the unfair race, this cart challenge is way more difficult than the RedBull CHallenge in GT5.
how do you know you got 100 percent ? that's over 1200 different cars in your garage. hmmm
 
Ye you werent, you were just being a smartass "uh-huh I guess you didnt complete that one.. nuh-huh you didnt".


Talking about your driving skills to yourself again? you Need to stop putting yourself down man.

Anyways, thanks guys for the tipps and the heads up.
I wasn't being a smart ass either, and yes I did complete the X challenge in GT5, I also golded all cart events on the first try, so I found it weird that you were having so much trouble with it and found it so difficult, I wasn't putting you down, I was bringing up a point.
 
Failed this race with every setup/tune/advice @ gtp. Best was 2 place in last lap wich was enough for winning the tournament though.
Couple of days after I went with stock settings, engine overhaul for extra power and automatic shifting. Golded the race first try taking the lead in lap 6.
 
Failed this race with every setup/tune/advice @ gtp. Best was 2 place in last lap wich was enough for winning the tournament though.
Couple of days after I went with stock settings, engine overhaul for extra power and automatic shifting. Golded the race first try taking the lead in lap 6.
Yeah, I hate you!
 
The karts need the ASM, ABS, TCS treatment! Can't win the damn last race!
 
Gearing down to slow the car down in place of braking made all the difference for me. Helped me stop short, but didn't cook the tires. If the tires get hot, you're toast.
 
No. Just, no.

Driving Aids for karts; that or else I keep getting rammed off by those a-holes whenever I get the lead every f-ing time!

GranTurismoArenaLayoutA_zpsd18a221d.jpg
 
I don't see the problem ... I found the Karts a challenge to get Gold but I enjoyed them and bronzing them was a piece of cake.

Conversely I hate Drifting, I don't see it as a legitimate Motorsport, I don't enjoy watching it, I don't enjoy doing it, I'm no good at it and have no enthusiasm to learn it.... So I don't do it...

World keeps on turning.
 
Last edited:
Back