15 min Endurance race on last of challenges

• Thread starter Beowulf
  • 43 comments
United States
Texas
Beowulf
Any ideas on what can be done to come in first on this one? I have tried running lean the entire way did not work. I tried minimizing pit time with no change in tire and just a minimal amount of gas did not work. I feel like there is not enough relevant information on screen to help the driver make the choices for both driving and crew chief. Any insights or tips would be helpful. FYI I have gold on everything else but this.

Wassup. My method got me to the finish line with 3-4 seconds to spare:
  • Audi R8 Gr.3 - Hard Tyres
  • no fuel save for first lap
  • fuel-map save level 3 from 2nd lap
  • Your fuel should last till the end of the 14th Lap
  • Pit in, fill up for approx 8 laps of fuel, switch to soft tires and change fuel map back to level 1
  • Go hard and fuel should just last till end of race.
As long as you have no big incidents, you should get the gold.

I have tried your method with the viper, corvette, amg and renault. each coming to the same conclusion that no matter how fast I am going through the corners the leading subaru, mustang, and viper outpace way to much on the straights. I will grind credits to try and purchase the Audi for this event. Thank you for the input.

I have tried your method with the viper, corvette, amg and renault. each coming to the same conclusion that no matter how fast I am going through the corners the leading subaru, mustang, and viper outpace way to much on the straights. I will grind credits to try and purchase the Audi for this event. Thank you for the input.

I tried the same thing with the viper and yeah didnt work for me, audi should do better because of its higher max speed giving you a slight advantage over the other cars, enough of an advantage at least that it makes up for any small bumps on walls or unintentional rear-ends. Let me know how you go :)

Alright so just used the Audi and had similar results. I pit at the end of the 14th lap with an 11 second gap between me 1st and the subaru second. I then grab RS and 8 laps of fuel, come out of pit lane roughly 5-7 seconds behind the subaru and can only close the gap to 2.5 seconds in the 20th lap. For the remainder of the race the gap oscillates between 2.3 and 3.4 seconds (roughly). At this point I am thinking there is not a strategy that will work for me until I perhaps get better although I can't see how to run the track any faster.

Use the Subaru WRX gr3, use racing softs on the front and racing mediums on the back, no fuel saving needed full power, pit on lap 11 and take soft tires and fill up to 10.7 or around that and you should be fine. If you are not right next to first or second before you pit you won't win hope this helps worked great for me was about 4 seconds ahead by the end. ( Here is the video I found this method from )

Alright so just used the Audi and had similar results. I pit at the end of the 14th lap with an 11 second gap between me 1st and the subaru second. I then grab RS and 8 laps of fuel, come out of pit lane roughly 5-7 seconds behind the subaru and can only close the gap to 2.5 seconds in the 20th lap. For the remainder of the race the gap oscillates between 2.3 and 3.4 seconds (roughly). At this point I am thinking there is not a strategy that will work for me until I perhaps get better although I can't see how to run the track any faster.

keep an eye on your corner speed on the last corner, when you're on hards you need to try stay above 235-240 kph, on softs you can take the corner at 255-265kph, taking that corner at high as possible speed is super important for getting that bit of extra speed along pit straight.

I think I had a 20 second lead as I went in to pit. I remember coming out of pit lane 4th RIGHT behind the top 3... so yeah maybe just getting your laps more consistent and squeezing for every 0.1sec is all you need to do before you start seeing some results.

Alright once I have the credits together I will give it a shot. Tanks for the tip on the speed through the corner I think your right in that it is my consistency that needs improvement. Thanks

another tip, reduce your traction control to 1. it will give you slightly better corner exit speeds. It's one of the very few things you acyually can configure on your car xD

In-case you didnt believe me xD

Attachments

• 20171022_101011.jpg
    20171022_101011.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited by a moderator:
I was finally able to complete the race in 1st. I used a similar strategy as the video linked above.
  • WRX the RS front and RM rear. no fuel save
  • pit at the end of lap 12 RS all around and stop refueling at 71%
Note this race says it is all about the pit strategy in-game but in reality its about connecting the slipstreams of the different racing groups and using the end of turn 1 and turn 3 to really do so. I was unable to catch the leading group before they used the pit on lap 11 but I maintained a 2-3s gap behind which seemed to work well. When I came out of the pits I was just outside their slipstream and managed to real them in before my tires were to worn. I would say if you cannot catch the lead group within 3- 4 laps after pitting you more than likely will not catch them. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone else having issues with this race.

In-case you didnt believe me xD
Oh I do believe you no worries.

Last edited by a moderator:
This race will be my nemesis. Whatever strategy I do, I always end up 2nd. How does the Subaru go so fast in a straight line on its own while I'm trying to draft it and can't catch it up? This is ******** :P

This race will be my nemesis. Whatever strategy I do, I always end up 2nd. How does the Subaru go so fast in a straight line on its own while I'm trying to draft it and can't catch it up? This is ******** :P
This won't cheer you up, but I just managed it first time...

Using the Lexus RC F GT3, I just ran my own race on fuel map 6, sitting in 15th - occasionally passing the RCZ around the outside of turns 1 and 3, but with him getting it back again on the straight bit and turn 2. After the pit stops I was first briefly, until the Viper, Subaru and Mustang passed me and sat about two seconds up the road.

With 3'30 left I switched to fuel map 3 and caught them up a little bit. With 1'30 left I switched to fuel map 1. I passed all three between turns 2 and 3 and ran out of fuel about 2 car lengths short of the finish line, winning by about a car length.

So basically, you never pitted? I tried RH on both ends, with fuel map 6 until everybody pitted, then I end up first, but I can't keep him back behind me. I will try your map 3 then map 1 strategy next, at least that way I manage to be in front for a while.

Yeah this race is rigged in that the leaders cars all seem to have and additional 50-100hp over the ones the player uses no matter what or they have "adjusted" their downforce for less wind resistance. Keep in mind the strategy in the video and the one I used you can use map 1 for the first 1 and a half laps possibly even 2 laps if you are careful, this will help push you up the pack early on before the gaps get to big between racing groups.

Wassup. My method got me to the finish line with 3-4 seconds to spare:
  • Audi R8 Gr.3 - Hard Tyres
  • no fuel save for first lap
  • fuel-map save level 3 from 2nd lap
  • Your fuel should last till the end of the 14th Lap
  • Pit in, fill up for approx 8 laps of fuel, switch to soft tires and change fuel map back to level 1
  • Go hard and fuel should just last till end of race.
As long as you have no big incidents, you should get the gold.

Thank you for this strat. Got it on my first attempt. Came out of the pits into 6th place and I thought I would not be able to catch the leading pack but Being able to gain so much on the corners while drafting on straights helped get into 1st place on the first turn on last lap... Squirrelly driving to avoid giving any draft help kept them behind me across the line.

'sup guys, here my point of view

Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.3
Start with Front Racing Soft-Rear Racing Medium
Reach the head as soon as possible/start to use slipstream and manage your fuel
Pit with both racing soft and the right amount of fuel.

I am using ds4 so strategies cant be great for me because steering is so important at curves. I always lose few speed because of ds4. Still cant pass this stage :(

I also use a ds4 and after trying the Subaru and a pitstop a couple of times i kept getting second. Then i tried it with the Lexus RC F GT3 like @Famine's post and this worked. engine mode 6 until 3.30 and then to mode 3. As i could block the cars on the straight and be faster in the corners i only switched to engine mode 1 when entering the straight on the final lap. As there was some fuel left.

So, I've tried all the strategies, and I always end up 2nd. I'm about to get upset at this game. But before that happens, riddle me this. How is it that the top speed of the R8 is higher than that of the WRX, but at fuel map 1, racing soft, and full tilt, the WRX still pulls away from my R8? #polyphonysucks <---that's how. About as smart as having little idiot Nissan city cars on the game...but no Lotus...some of the best handling cars on the planet. But no, that'd be too obvious, we want city cars...and magic lead cars. Game is crap.

I hate this one.
2 different times the AI seems to "not" notice me on the outside and slam right into me and the wall.

I still have so many issues on trying to find the right setup.

I to had massive problems with this race, it was extremely frustrating, and I consider it the hardest challenge of any GT game so far. I have golded every license test and every mission from the first GT. Every strategy listed on these boards I tried, and I purchased every single GR.3 car and tried them with no success. Best I could do was 2nd.

What ended up working for me was using the Toyota FT-1 with RS Front and RM rear to start with. Got up to 3rd just behind the leaders, and pitted lap 12. Changed to RS, filled up with 10.5 laps fuel, and came out of the pits in 3rd, just behind the 2 lead cars, which I was able to slipstream and pass with a couple of laps to go. From there it was relatively simple to block them from re-overtaking me, and victory was mine. As I says, this mission is hugely frustrating, however it's very rewarding when you finally beat it. Hope this helps somebody.

PS- I'm playing with DS4

I to had massive problems with this race, it was extremely frustrating, and I consider it the hardest challenge of any GT game so far. I have golded every license test and every mission from the first GT. Every strategy listed on these boards I tried, and I purchased every single GR.3 car and tried them with no success. Best I could do was 2nd.

What ended up working for me was using the Toyota FT-1 with RS Front and RM rear to start with. Got up to 3rd just behind the leaders, and pitted lap 12. Changed to RS, filled up with 10.5 laps fuel, and came out of the pits in 3rd, just behind the 2 lead cars, which I was able to slipstream and pass with a couple of laps to go. From there it was relatively simple to block them from re-overtaking me, and victory was mine. As I says, this mission is hugely frustrating, however it's very rewarding when you finally beat it. Hope this helps somebody.

PS- I'm playing with DS4

This did give me the win although I had to use RM instead of RS as the first time I would of won if it wasn't for the extra lap.

Edit: I also noticed that how close you are to first is also random too.
There have been times where I am still like 4 seconds back when pitting to just this last time I was leading when pitting.

Last edited:
This one took me a while. I tried 4-5 different cars but won it with the 458. My strategy was drive flat out with no fuel saving on RH tires. Closest I could get to the lead pack was 4-5 seconds. Pit at lap 12, no tires, 9 laps of fuel. The short stop allowed me to undercut the lead pack and get first. The rest of the race was fuel map 3 and a LOT of blocking. The last 2-3 minutes were intense.

This event is annoying THE HELL out of me. The best advice, so far, comes from @atiger with his FT-1 strategy, but I'm unable to finish the race 1st on two accounts: when stopping on lap 11/12, if I put too much fuel (10.5 liters), I can't reach the 1st place. If I put less fuel (9.5 to 10 liters), it's not enough to finish... I'm able to reach first and stay there until I run out of fuel and lose the race.

Funny thing is: the AI for this race doesn't look too scripted. Yes, there's a performance pattern they follow and the first places really have some kind of boost going on, which is annoying, unnecessary and kind of a bad move from PD. But in one of the races, when moving up from 5th to 4th place, I saw the Huracán Gr.3 ahead of the pack, with the Mustang and Impreza fighting for second position. Two laps later, just before entering the pits, the Huracán brake a bit too late and the Impreza took the inside, passing both Mustang and Lambo. That was... interesting.

Anyway, I tried this race 9 times today, with no success. I'll take some time from GT, play some Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3 to calm my nerves down and, when I feel relaxed, I'll try again.

Ok, my pride as a GT player was questioned by this challenge... I had to rise to the task and do this, once and for all.

Another 5 tries. The first three, traffic was relentless in the pursuit of 'effin me up. During the fourth try, things were great, I was in first place, just started the last lap (time was about to run out) and, on Turn 1, the rear right tire gave up and I spun... frustration and rage fused into one thing: focus.

Restarted once again. Never took notice of any traffic as I was overtaking without thinking. Turn 3 was made without any braking... just let off the power, down a gear, pulled the wheel and waited for grip. Worked flawlessly as I was taking Turn 3 always between 255 and 260 kph. On the 7th lap, I was already in third place. Two laps later, 1st place. Held everyone until the start of lap 12, when I stopped for fuel. Took me 4 laps (and a lot of rubbing with the Viper) to take first place back. On lap 20, the Impreza hit me nice at Turn 1. On the following (and last) lap, I took Turn 1 very carefully at half throttle, as the rear tires were, once again, at their limit. But this time, they (barely) hold and I was able to finish in first place.

Man, what a pain!!! So glad it's over. Once again, thanks to @atiger for the tip on the FT-1 VGT.

Latest Posts

Back