15th anniversary cars

• Thread starter bjl23
  • 14 comments
What do you need them for mate ?, all of my 15th anniversary edition cars are in my Stockyard.
I was just thinking of designing an event using the BMW Z8 anniversary car, but since I can't get them anymore it will not work.

Thanks for your help :cheers:

I was just thinking of designing an event using the BMW Z8 anniversary car, but since I can't get them anymore it will not work.

Thanks for your help :cheers:
15th Anniversary cars are kind of a waste. They come with sports exhaust to add more power (not much) and are slightly lighter. With full weight reduction. They are the same weight as normal version of said car. You cannot change paint, rims, or add wing. So, other than visual appearance, not really any different or better.

What I did was to build my own Anniversary car, specifically the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11, but of course, without the decals and it sucks that the wheels can't be painted black. The Mercedes-Benz SLS '10 "road car" has a special non factory color that you can purchase which is named "Gran Turismo Blau". I think it really is the Anniversary Car matching color or if not pretty close...

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11-1.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11-2.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11-3.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11-4.jpg
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11-5.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a thought for you programming experts which I am not... First know I have the XL edition. When I do a race with the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 in arcade the AI cars that appear are usually all GT3 class cars and almost always include various GT3 anniversary cars as well. Guessing this must mean they exist on the disk somewhere or another or possibly a paint chip must be present somewhere. Watching some of the various YouTube videos where guys have used somehow the Brute Force program to get all cars in their stockyard garage with also 50 million in credits and seeing while reviewing their garage it showed that the anniversary cars where in fact in their stockyard garage after performing their program. However, the anniversary cars had a explanation point next to them indicating a probable problem using them. Now with that said I wonder if they performed their program with a anniversary disk instead I wonder what would have happened. But, as I mentioned before the anniversary cars show up in AI cars so their must be a way for some program genius to figure this out. I feel bad for those guys that bought the anniversary disk again only to find out they are SOL. The current final update should have these included IMHO.

But, as I mentioned before the anniversary cars show up in AI cars so their must be a way for some program genius to figure this out.

They're just DLC cars like any other. They exist in the game data, but you need a valid license to use them. The Anniversary Edition came with a store code to redeem for that license.

Unlocking them otherwise would be a case of pirating that DLC. There's probably a way to do it already, but I don't get involved in that sort of thing.

Nonsense as I take issue with such a harsh word as you suggested being piracy...if one purchased the anniversary edition disk then those cars should be still available in the auto updates since all the other DLC is clearly available to get by regular means. You have mentioned before in other posts you are a software developer, so just as in Garage Editor as used in GT5 it is most likely to simply be a paint color hex change which could be applied to the already existing regular dealership car as a replacement just as in GE GT5. Since all other GT6 DLC is already in the various dealerships I see no reason for those that own and purchased the anniversary disk why they shouldn’t be able to obtain the anniversary colors in the auto update downloads as well. I hardly see that as such a harsh word as piracy as you suggested. If anyone got the shaft with GT6 it was the consumer being cut off so early from all the features promised back when.

Last edited:
Nonsense as I take issue with such a harsh word as you suggested being piracy...if one purchased the anniversary edition disk then those cars should be still available in the auto updates since all the other DLC is clearly available to get by regular means. You have mentioned before in other posts you are a software developer, so just as in Garage Editor as used in GT5 it is most likely to simply be a paint color hex change which could be applied to the already existing regular dealership car as a replacement just as in GE GT5. Since all other GT6 DLC is already in the various dealerships I see no reason for those that own and purchased the anniversary disk why they shouldn’t be able to obtain the anniversary colors in the auto update downloads as well. I hardly see that as such a harsh word as piracy as you suggested. If anyone got the shaft with GT6 it was the consumer being cut off so early from all the features promised back when.

I agree with you, on my original save data I had those cars and I haven't played for a while and they just disappeared.. Its not a big deal but still why would it be piracy if I bought 15th anniversary disc

Nonsense as I take issue with such a harsh word as you suggested being piracy...

That's not a judgement or anything, I'm being literal. They're restricted by a purchased license, so bypassing that license check requires the use of pirate methods, in the same way as any other content normally purchased or redeemed from PSN would need.

The Anniversary cars aren't just a paint chip applied to a normally available car, they're separate cars with full liveries, like the Chromeline cars in GT5.

I’ll modify my post slightly... I am very very familiar with GE in GT5... let me rephrase... the body codes rather than the paint codes just need to be applied to the various regular corresponding garage cars such as with the chrome lines that can be obtained doing the same as with GE in GT5... in fact simply review my DLC “replacement” thread in the GT5 forum... again I’ll rephrase and make clear my previous post from paint code to body code is what I originally meant which I’m sure others understand who have also used my GT5 GE method to get back all their DLC lost for one reason or another in GT5 including all the chrome lines. With that said it doesn’t change the fact that the anniversary disk owners should get them automatic in the auto updates when loaded especially considering that all other DLC is available to get normally with credits direct from the dealerships. I’d also make bets just like in my GT5 GE method that all the correct specs automatically go along being attached to the body code.

Last edited:
Well, Anniversary cars were spotted in the normal versions of GT6. I tried to race my Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12 against other GT3 cars and the car in front was an Audi R8 LMS ultra (15th Anniversary). Couldn't get the screenshot nor the gameplay, though.

I decided to do some research and build a complete photo library display of all the 25 anniversary models as I couldn't find a complete display of all of them anywhere for those that may want photos. Although you may not own any or have the GT6 anniversary special edition, some can be viewed in your own action replays by entering the GT3 career mode competition for example or several others...

1-Alpine A110 1600S '72 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
2-Audi R8 LMS ultra '12 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
3-Audi R18 TDI '11 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
4-Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car '86 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
5-BMW Z8 '01 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
6-Chevrolet Corvette Coupe (C2) '63 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
7-Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
8-Cizeta V16T '94 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.JPG
9-Ford Focus ST '13 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
10-Ford GT40 '66 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
11-Ford Shelby GT500 '13 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
12-Honda weider HSV-010 '11 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
13-KTM X-BOW R '12 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
14-Lancia STRATOS '73 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
15-Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
16-Lotus Europa S.2 '68 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
17-Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
18-Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 '13 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
19-Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
20-Pagani Huayra '13 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
21-Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe '64 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
22-SRT Viper GTS '13 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
23-Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance '12 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
24-Toyota 86 GT '12 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg
25-Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 (Volkswagen Motorsport) '08 15th Anniversary Edition Unavailable.jpg

Back