1700BHP Corvette C5!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ViperUK
  • 42 comments
  • 1,986 views
Messages
21
Go here > www.vettespeed.net > click on "About the Stinger" > Read the description provided > Enjoy the pictures

The car is 1300RWHP with the turbos and without the nitrous. The nitrous is an additional 400RWHP (for fun!) shot which equates to a grand total of 1700RWHP. INSANE!

Most people don't like the looks and I don't either. But the looks aren't the point of the car, it's the engine, chassis (suspension, brakes, frame), aerodynamics modifications that matter, make a difference, and where all the work has gone into. This was done for the high hp nature of the machine and it's what I admire. This is where all the engineering has gone into and the respect is deserved.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures.

I have put a thread on Corvette Forum made by the owner of this car and the company in my favourites, I'll pull it out. The owner said the 400rwhp shot of nitrous is on top of the 1300rwhp from the twin turbos.

I'm going to email the company for a dyno and timeslip...
 
that is one nice car! I would love too see some videos of that! also I actually dont mind the looks, but I would get rid of the fixed headlights (originals would be fine) and then keep it just one color.
 
geez what the hell are you going to do with 1500 hp? launch into the air?
 
Originally posted by I6-4-eva
geez what the hell are you going to do with 1500 hp? launch into the air?


Get groceries, because that's what I'd do with a Corvette, or maybe tow a trailer, although it's not good for that either.

Nice work on one of my least favorite cars ever.
 
On the site the guy's talking about Corvette being the "badass" of all cars. Well no ******* S***!!!

If I could invest so much money and time I can make a damn Bettle have that much hp.( well ok maybe not Bettle but you get the idea)
 
taking a C5 corvette, that has about 400 HP anyway, and making at 1000 hp like the company Ligenfelter can do, is no different than taking some stupid little piece of crap Honda ANYTHIGN and maing it into a drag car that can beat a stock vette. Excpet one thing, the car you started out with is worth a damn. Al Honda's are crap, and are a joke when I see them all pimped out. SUre you may be able to get 9's out of it, but it's still a piece of crap, albeit a fast piece of crap.

Chevy FOREVER!
 
Hondas arent crap... I like the integras and the s2000 and nsx and those cars arent crap. If they were how come honda still sells them eh?
 
They keep selling them because idiots in this country don't like to be American and buy American. THe NSX and on a lesser note the S2000 are in a diff. class than most Honda's. If you want a performance car you don't buy a front wheel drive car, period. Look at the two best and fastest car racing, Formula 1 and Nascar. Both rear wheel drive. SO when I see someone saying that any front wheel drive car is a fast race car, I say they are a peppy economy car.
 
Have you ever thought that 95% of the people in America don't need a performance car? People like imports because they're reliable and well built. Sure, I'd rather have an American performance car over an import, but I still like any car. If you truly love cars, you like everything. People take pride in themselves and what they drive. If you keep being "car-ist" and going around telling people that they're car is a pile of ****, you're not going to be around here too long.
 
Sorry there "slick", but this is a forum for us 5% who buy and enjoys cars for performance. I haven't seen any threads started about fuel economy cars have you?

AS for reliability and well built, my 1987 IROC w/200k miles on the original motor, that I WORK hard every day I drive it attests to American ingenuity and durability.

I don't have a problem with people buying a civic or accord if they want a commuter car that is good on gas, but I do when they buy one as a performance car, because they are NOT a performance car. Ask your insurance company what designation a civic or accord or integra has. It's not the same designation as a Camaro or Corvette, a porche or ferarri. It's in the same class as a Geo Metro, or a Mini Cooper, or a Saab. Not sports cars, not performance cars, and people that buy them for that I have a problem with. Sorry, but welcome to the world of free speech called the internet.
 
I believe in the "free speech" part, but doing it in a manner in which is deemed offensive by others is what is not excepted.
 
Actually my Civic Si was in the same insurance class as my MR2, and the FC RX-7s.

Front wheel drive might not be the best drive setup for performance, but just about every street car has it's performance compromised in one way or another.

For example, a 1987 Camaro weighs, what, almost 3000lbs? More weight isn't good for performance. Does it have an independent rear suspension? Those are better for performance. Heck, the motors are even in the front, all the serious purpose built race cars are mid engined, unless rules state that they can't be.
 
Originally posted by F-Body
Sorry there "slick", but this is a forum for us 5% who buy and enjoys cars for performance. I haven't seen any threads started about fuel economy cars have you?

You're new here, what in the world do you know about what this forum is for or what threads we have had?
 
Domestics suck period. I own a 1998 Honda Integra Type R, and its FF powered. I have no problem with it and its quite fast. So plz dont say all FF cars suck.BTW CHEVY can burn in hell, all their cars are crap ass ****s and cheaply made.


Yet another stupid post by F-Body
 
Domestics suck period. I own a 1998 Honda Integra Type R, and its FF powered. I have no problem with it and its quite fast. So plz dont say all FF cars suck.BTW CHEVY can burn in hell, all their cars are crap ass ****s and cheaply made.


Yet another stupid post by F-Body
 
Domestics suck period. I own a 1998 Honda Integra Type R, and its FF powered. I have no problem with it and its quite fast. So plz dont say all FF cars suck.BTW the reason why ppl want to buy imports is cuz they have good design, reliability,Re-sell value is much better then domestics, and for its performance. Id bet you anything that a NSX has a much better resell value then a dumb camaro or even a vette. Ppl have their opinions, ppl dont rely on power like yourself, ppl tend to focus more on quality then quantity of power

Yet another stupid post by F-Body
 
Well, he keeps postin dumb stuff on sum threads and makin of of ppl talkin about imports. Sorry but its just annoying.
 
Well, he keeps postin dumb stuff on sum threads and makin of of ppl talkin about imports. Sorry but its just annoying.
 
Well, he keeps postin dumb stuff on sum threads and makin of of ppl talkin about imports. Sorry but its just annoying.
 
Well, he keeps postin dumb stuff on sum threads and makin of of ppl talkin about imports. Sorry but its just annoying.
 
Well, he keeps postin dumb stuff on sum threads and makin of of ppl talkin about imports. Sorry but its just annoying.
 
ahhh crap.just doubl posted.Sorry. my internet is crap.I think when i pressed Submit post twice or 4 times it did that. Again Sorry for double post.
 
Double post my rear... :rolleyes:
 
Wow, was that a quintuple post? :p

As much as they hate each other, the American / Japanese / German / Romanian / Whatever car fan boys are all pretty much the same. If you can't do anything but insult cars that aren't the same as yours, maybe you should go to a make/model-specific discussion board.
 
Great. We trade one chucklehead for another.

5 bucks says its the same guy.


M
 
Alright mr.azndrift0rztypeARRR you are just a biased as any other idiot to come here spouting off unintelligent crap based on information you know nothing about. A Z06 can hold it's own against and NSX and, drivers being equal, the NSX would probably take over the Z06, but with those 2 cars (both amazing), it would definitely be a drivers race. The fact that a 50k dollar Chevy POS domestic car can hold it's own against a godlike 90k dollar honda beast says a lot about the honda now, doesnt it?

You are no better than Fbody. Many of the senior members here are car enthusiasts, do you know what that means? People who like cars, and can see the point and merits in all of them (or the lack thereof in others). The way you post will eventually get you banned, and for such, I am thankful. You have no place on these boards. And speaking of noobness, how is your drifting coming in your FF assdragging-mobile?
 
Back